Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1902
    Do you have a Touchstone, if so while the PRE is on the Touchstone do a Orange + Sym + r, that always fixes the charging problem for me. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprugman View Post
    I'm having a problem since the 1.4 update where it won't charge unless I restart it while it's plugged in. Anyone else having this problem? Any known solutions? I have a few patches and homebrew apps, so it could theoretically be one of those, but I'd rather not doctor if I can avoid it.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    My Music Player Remix app is hung up at the splash screen after WebOS 1.4 update. Unloaded but now can't find original Pre music player. I removed all patches with EPR, including hide music player but no fix. Anyone have this problem? Any solution known besides Web Doctor?
    Last edited by Beasley1951; 03/02/2010 at 08:38 PM.
    May be an issue but 1.4 and video upload killed my battery.

I tried uploading 3 video's just now and my phone shut off. Tried hooking it up to charge, nothing. Tried taking the battery out and putting it back in....nothing.

Others may experience this.
    haven't used video but the camera seems sluggish. major lag from pressing the green shutter button to it actually taking a picture. Feel like I have to hold the phone still forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    how about the camera app? both video and regular picture camera where sluggish when I updated to 1.4 , the sound come way after you take a pic. and video crashes the phone.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    and video crashes the phone.
    I can confirm this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbird1578 View Post
    WebOS is great so far after 2 days of use. However, I wanted to update right away, which may have been a mistake. Sprint Navigation is broke, can't listen to any ringtones anymore, and Pandora does nothing but spin.

I hadn't modded anything, so not sure what could be the problem.

Anyone else have these problems? I read the first 25 pages of this thread, and didn't see the exact issues that I'm having, but did see others.
    No issues with pandora, sprint nav works fine, so not sure it is a 1.4 issue.
    Terminal (non official app) fails. Forbes app does not load.
    Overall 1.4 is a big improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by seekis View Post
    if your phone gets stuck on boot just run webos doctor. its available at palm.com/rom and it uses webos 1.4.

So far there has been no real way to brick a pre and i dont think that has changed.
    I think mine is bricked! It failed during the update to 1.4. Following the instructions, I ran webOS Doctor. That failed also. Now the phone starts to boot but comes up with an error directing me to the Sprint website general help. While plugged in, it is stuck in a loop - from the low battery screen it tries to boot, then to the error screen, then back to the low battery screen, etc. Sprint is sending me a new phone.

I am a long-time Palm phone user, and I am very disappointed with the quality of the Palm Pre. I had the Treo 650 for many years and it had only a few scratches on the casing. My Palm Pre had a cracked screen within 6 months and was not mistreated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkiegal View Post
    Every since the update several of my app's are not working including Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV. Sprint TV the error somes up and says "Sorry, this channel is temporarily unavailable. Please try later or contact Customer Care (7000)". This happens on every channel I have tried. Sprint navigations either doesn't respond or comes up with an error stating that Navigation is busy try again later. Neither Pandora or Accu Radio will load a channel to play. Frustrating!!!
    The navigation has been down for me since this morning ... I just did my update an hour ago, so that 1 issue might not be related to the update
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Can't install any Apps from Palm or update them. Tells me to restart and says install failed. What's up!
    anyone have issues with emails? Me if I have a convo with emails after the 6th or 7th reply the phone becomes sluggish and the 9 or 10th reply the phone freezes trying to load the reply email having me soft reset to use the phone again. Anyone experiace this?
    Quote Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
    anyone have issues with emails? Me if I have a convo with emails after the 6th or 7th reply the phone becomes sluggish and the 9 or 10th reply the phone freezes trying to load the reply email having me soft reset to use the phone again. Anyone experiace this?
    yea same here I was hoping i wasnt the only one experiencing this problem.
    Nevermind on my previous post---I've found my answers...thanks...
    I had to doctor my phone and it installed to 1.3.5.1 fine, updated all my apps and everything. Then I go to install 1.4 and it says it the install was successful, but now it doesn't have any of my apps and when i go to download them it says there is not enough room?? Can anyone help? Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by imjustgage View Post
    Nevermind on my previous post---I've found my answers...thanks...
    Glad you found your answer.

For future reference, you are able to go back to the previous post, hit the edit button and add your message in the same block. This might make it easier to associate the second message with the first in a large thread such as this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I love the new video capability! I've read in the forums that you could upload the vidoes to Facebook. However, when I tap the icon to upload, my only choices are YouTube, email or mms. Is there something I need to do toupload to FB?
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Glad you found your answer.

For future reference, you are able to go back to the previous post, hit the edit button and add your message in the same block. This might make it easier to associate the second message with the first in a large thread such as this.
    got it...thanks bunches
    could anyone tell me is there a way to back date my webOS firmware back to 1.3.5 at all? so i can get away from this disfunctional update palm created? sort of the same way ya can put any previous firmware package on an iphone.(hate iphones tho)Thanks 2 all
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglessoccer619 View Post
    yea same here I was hoping i wasnt the only one experiencing this problem.
    I think I solved this "freezing when replying to long emails" problem by deleting the email acct and re-adding it. Try that and see if it works for you.
    Since the update I have tried to reorganize my apps in my launcher pages. I went through and did all of these but then when my phone did a restart all the apps went back to where they were after the update. Anyone else having issues with your app icons staying where you place them on the launcher? Please help....
    Download the newest version of WebOS Doctor from Palm Support to your desktop or laptop. That is a utility that essentially resets the phone back to the previous OS when a Pre locks up or the newest WebOS download becomes corrupt. Pay attention to what it's telling you it is resetting as I believe you'll lose your pictures and music so be sure to back those up first then reinstall when your back to 1.3.5. Then you can update the phone with the 1.4 release and it should perform a clean install.