Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    You obviously didn't have the latest version of Preware that we were all told to update to before 1.4 hit. Hence, its your own fault. All you have to do is load up webosqi in developer mode and remove your old preware and package manager service and then just reinstall them from webos internals feed in that same order and you'll be fixed.
    okie dokie....duhhhh me rite?....have not been on here to hear bout that---didnt even know the 1.4 update was coming out----but hey do you know if the mobile hotspot app for the sprint will still work on this 1.4?
    and also can someone give me the links to the new web dotor, webos QI, and any others that i may need (other than to reinstall preware) and the steps to correct my issues of this new update since i was really dumm as heck to not know to erase all my themes and extras before it updated on me please, thanks

Post edit----got my answers fulfilled---thanks every1
    Last edited by imjustgage; 03/02/2010 at 11:31 PM.
    Think a few others have posted this as well - my phone has been intermittently refusing to power on the screen when either pressing the power button or opening the slider, and and after 8-10 seconds the screen will momentarily flash on and then luna crashes and goes to pulsing Palm logo to reboot.
    Hi has anyone run into this issue when i make a call and the party i call hang up when were done talking my volume for ringer goes back down all the way but when on the same call when i hang up it doesnt thanks in advance to you fine people in this forum for some feed back
    must I have to doctor my phone if I forgot to remove themes and patches before it updated? if so, is there an updated webos doctor and webos QI that I need? I still have the doctor and QI for the 1.3.5. please reply. THANKS GUYS...
    Quote Originally Posted by livelife View Post
    I believe that if you take out the battery and replace it your problem will be solved! Is it a verizon Palm Pre Plus?
    Been there, done that, before I even started having the issue but after the update.

Flatly, if it comes back after that the issue is _NOT_ solved.
    My phone restarts when it feels and im missing alot of incoming calls.
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I have also been told by my boss that I'm not answering my phone. (I tell him I haven't gotten any calls)!!!! Looks like since the update, not all the calls are getting through!!!
    I know of at least three of them since yesterday that I have missed at work. This wasn't a problem in the past.

Here's a little history on my phone so this thread can be sent to Palm.

I did a full erase on Sunday night. Then ran Webdoc 1.4 to lay down a new foundation for the phone. Then I installed all the apps back again and my patches again. Here is a list of the patches that I have installed. I installed most of them on Monday at noon.

3000 Auto replace Words
    4x4 Icons v3 – larger icons
    Add Date – MM/DD
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Block/Rejecter
    Disable Landscape Gesture Scroll
    Enable Landscape Email
    GPS in Device Menu
    Increase Font Size 18
    Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot Match State to Area Code
    Multi Mod
    New Card Button- new web card
    Reduce Minimum Brightness
    Repeat Reminder Notifys
    Reset Scroll Position
    Send All Contacts Via Email
    Show App Details
    Timestamps – Clean
    Unthrottle download manager
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    In that list, Call Block/Reject patch seems like one that, if broken,
    could easily cause your missed calls symptoms. I'd at least try
    reinstalling it, if not removing it outright.

ian
    email just got extremely erratic. Swiping emails only go halfway and spring back. Go to swipe and the one above opens. Open an email and and when flick it just gets larger. Hitting the trash can just turns the icon blue and nothing happens. When I reduce it to a card and flick it up it gets halfway there and springs back. When I go to luna restart (or quite a few other icons) it presses above where I'm pressing. If/when I get to it, luna restart does nothing. I have to do a full restart. Then all is right for a day till the problem rears it's head again.

DL 1.4 that night. No themes. Did the patch update. All was right with the world till Monday when this started. Added nothing new.
    Last edited by crogs571; 03/02/2010 at 08:57 PM.
    Why dont Canadians have the update yet? wth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
    I have also been told by my boss that I'm not answering my phone. (I tell him I haven't gotten any calls)!!!! Looks like since the update, not all the calls are getting through!!!
    I know of at least three of them since yesterday that I have missed at work. This wasn't a problem in the past.

Here's a little history on my phone so this thread can be sent to Palm.

I did a full erase on Sunday night. Then ran Webdoc 1.4 to lay down a new foundation for the phone. Then I installed all the apps back again and my patches again. Here is a list of the patches that I have installed. I installed most of them on Monday at noon.

3000 Auto replace Words
    4x4 Icons v3 – larger icons
    Add Date – MM/DD
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Block/Rejecter
    Disable Landscape Gesture Scroll
    Enable Landscape Email
    GPS in Device Menu
    Increase Font Size 18
    Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot Match State to Area Code
    Multi Mod
    New Card Button- new web card
    Reduce Minimum Brightness
    Repeat Reminder Notifys
    Reset Scroll Position
    Send All Contacts Via Email
    Show App Details
    Timestamps – Clean
    Unthrottle download manager
    multi nod is no good it screwed up my phone . i would delete it first and see if that fixes you up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The multi mod that I have in the phone is just a place holder. I see there is a update as we speak that I can install. Thanks for the advice. This a one cool place to get information about the palm phones.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trakslacker View Post
    Think a few others have posted this as well - my phone has been intermittently refusing to power on the screen when either pressing the power button or opening the slider, and and after 8-10 seconds the screen will momentarily flash on and then luna crashes and goes to pulsing Palm logo to reboot.
    Yup, driving me insane!

It's even restarting when I'm not even using it. Right now in fact, it's been sitting on the Touchstone for 5 minutes or so, and just chimed and rebooted for no apparent reason. I doctored to 1.4 to have a fresh install, and it's really bugging me how buggy it seems to be.
    Every since the update several of my app's are not working including Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV. Sprint TV the error somes up and says "Sorry, this channel is temporarily unavailable. Please try later or contact Customer Care (7000)". This happens on every channel I have tried. Sprint navigations either doesn't respond or comes up with an error stating that Navigation is busy try again later. Neither Pandora or Accu Radio will load a channel to play. Frustrating!!!
    I'm having a problem since the 1.4 update where it won't charge unless I restart it while it's plugged in. Anyone else having this problem? Any known solutions? I have a few patches and homebrew apps, so it could theoretically be one of those, but I'd rather not doctor if I can avoid it.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I do not have any patches installed and after updating to 1.4, my Pre is very buggy.

- When sliding it open, I get the music volume level indicator on the screen.

- Often times the quality of the phone conversation is really bad, the audio goes out for both me and the person on the other end. I never experienced bad quality prior to 1.4. I am calling from my usual locations as well.

- Pre has locked up a couple times.

- Volume went out completely until a battery removal and restart.

- Buggy behavior in call history screen.

I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of this update. I am shocked I don't see so many others reporting such things. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNick View Post
    I wish I knew what was wrong with my phone....
    the phone is now very unstable, at this point I don't even know if it would go into usb mode to try to salvage data or pictures. I think I'm about to doctor the phone back to factory settings. did you already fixed your issue? and how?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preViously View Post
    I do not have any patches installed and after updating to 1.4, my Pre is very buggy.

- When sliding it open, I get the music volume level indicator on the screen.

- Often times the quality of the phone conversation is really bad, the audio goes out for both me and the person on the other end. I never experienced bad quality prior to 1.4. I am calling from my usual locations as well.

- Pre has locked up a couple times.

- Volume went out completely until a battery removal and restart.

- Buggy behavior in call history screen.

I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of this update. I am shocked I don't see so many others reporting such things. Thanks.
    how about the camera app? both video and regular picture camera where sluggish when I updated to 1.4 , the sound come way after you take a pic. and video crashes the phone.
    I was having this problem too. I took out the battery, switched off WiFi and turned on EVDO, no problems any longer. Accuradio and other streaming apps working fine.

Everything else seems to be working fine, except PDF can't pinch or zoom. Figure that will be fixed soon.

Pre is snappy and not getting all the problems others are. Its seems to be faster loading some programs, but maybe the launcher cards make it seem that way.

Battery seems to be about the same, but recharge times seem to be better.

I haven't had a theme for the past 2 updates (1.3.5 and 1.4). I also didn't remove patches, but after updating none of them worked so I had to uninstall and reinstall all. Next time I will uninstall before upgrade and reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I'm having multiple audio problems since 1.4. All my streaming apps no longer work. drPodder, AccuRadio, RadioTime, Music Wave, Ampache.

In addition, when Im setting a new ringtone and try to preview it using the blue arrow icon, it wont play.

Ive tried doctoring to no avail....seems to be a WebOS software issue.

Gx
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre