Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 15 556061626364656667686970 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    I press updates, it loads up. Says checking for updates. After about 45 sec it says:

Your phone is up to date.

What's new in Palm webOS 1.4

la
    la
    la
    la
    la
    la
    I guess I'm the only one having this issue, then. Hard to believe
    hey -- i have tried to download the update twice and both times it erases all of my aps -- is there a way to get them back or to keep this from happening? I have doctored back to 1.35. or is the doctor 1.4 out? if so where can i get it ?

thaks in advance
    Rob
    is anyone having issues with replying to emails with new webos1.4 and it freezing?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    hey -- i have tried to download the update twice and both times it erases all of my aps -- is there a way to get them back or to keep this from happening? I have doctored back to 1.35. or is the doctor 1.4 out? if so where can i get it ?
    Here you go: http://www.precentral.net/webos-140-...int-o2-verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    My volume button has gone crazy. Volume going up and down on its own. I cant even play games because the volume bar keeps popping up. Phone calls go silent in the midle of the calls. People can hear me, but I have to hit the volume key to hear them again. It seams like a hardware issue, but it never happen untill I installed 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by hancod View Post
    Same exact thing is happening to me. Thanks for making me late to work, Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickapoo View Post
    Stange, I noticed something similar before 1.4.0 and yes, it happens occasionally, making it really hard to rely on it.....but hey, those smartphones were built for entertainment purposes like Flash and shuffling thousands of mp3s, not for such organizer stuff....or maybe...wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    Anyone having volume problems other than then the volume going up or down?

When I woke up this morning (late) my alarm sound had not gone off, the alarm dismiss/snooze message was on the screen but no sound was coming out of the phone. I went to sound preferences and i tried playing any ringtones and none would play. Rebooted the Pre and working fine now, but I cant trust the pre to be my alarm clock anymore if this is going to randomly happen again.

Alarm worked perfectly before 1.4.

Update: I figured out what causes this. If the camera app crashes it kills alerts and ringtones on the phone. The only way to get those sounds to come back is to do a full restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebs98 View Post
    zhull, I'm running several patches, including SMS Tone Per Contact. I figured I'd start removing patches, starting with the greatest suspect, in an attempt to locate the culprit. I will try removing that one first. Thanks. -jamie
    I saw several posts related to alarms not going off in this thread and quoted those I found in hopes this information would help.

I found that the problem lies with the 'No Alert During Call' patch. Since 1.4 the patch lowers the ringer all the way down when a call comes in but DOES NOT raise the volume back up, as it did prior to 1.4. So, when the Alarm goes off the ringer volume is at zero...unless you have raised it back up manually. If you have this patch installed on 1.4 this may be the reason your alarm has no sound.
    Here is my problem. Sorry for the long post

1. Sometime ago I tried to install the patch that lets you rotate your email. It never worked for me.

2. Preware always shows I have the email patch and it needs updating. When I try to update it I get an error. When I try to remove it I get an error.

3. Before upgrading to webos 1.4 I ran the emergency patch recovery because I was not sure if all my patches were updated to the point where I didn't have to worry about a new OS install. Also, I hoped it would remove the email patch.

4. I installed webos 1.4. Now preware hangs when it's downloading information. The important point of that for now is I can't use preware to access the patches and install them again.

5. I tried the latest version of WebOS quick install. I selected the "tweaks" menu item. It tells me I have an older patch that needs to be upgraded. I say go ahead. I get the error message in the attached screen capture. It looks like WebOS quick install is having trouble with the email patch. Because of this it won't let me get to any of the other patches.

How do I get rid of this email patch that is on my phone?

Thanks,
    Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedill24 View Post
    I saw several posts related to alarms not going off in this thread and quoted those I found in hopes this information would help.

I found that the problem lies with the 'No Alert During Call' patch. Since 1.4 the patch lowers the ringer all the way down when a call comes in but DOES NOT raise the volume back up, as it did prior to 1.4. So, when the Alarm goes off the ringer volume is at zero...unless you have raised it back up manually. If you have this patch installed on 1.4 this may be the reason your alarm has no sound.
    Thanks for the reply, mikedill. My issue is with incoming calls not being recognized by my Pre, not even in the missed call log. And, of all the patches I have loaded, the 'No Alert During Call' patch isn't one of them. -jamie
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebs98 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, mikedill. My issue is with incoming calls not being recognized by my Pre, not even in the missed call log. And, of all the patches I have loaded, the 'No Alert During Call' patch isn't one of them. -jamie
    I also do not have this patch installed.

However my calls are in the missed call log, however I never received a notification that there were missed calls.

So, you might want to check again, my phone at least is failing to tell me that I had missed the calls, but they seem to be in the missed call log.
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    thansk i should have found it -- just been too busy
    I did that but i can activate my phone because is disconected from sprin and i can`t use the wireless because don`t let me...
    Will Preware not work until Jason does his magic like he usually does right? It's telling me something that it's read only.... here, I ran it just to make sure I know what it says:

The Package Manager Services is not running. Did you remember to install it?? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching Preware until you have a stable network connection available.

Did all of the above....still nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by zhull View Post
    So, apparently people have been trying to reach me over the weekend.

But only rarely has my phone been ringing, for that matter, it doesn't even show that I've missed phone calls.

I'm on Sprint, and none of this was happening in the exact same locations until the 1.4 update, so I'm betting that it's the phone.

In any case, this isn't even _remotely_ useful behavior in a phone.
    Same problem here, 3 calls in a row yesterday from the wife...... then today I had called her like 7 times in around an hour, the last call didn't show up on her phone at all.

You get any more info on this?
    What happened to the PRL Update button? It's not there anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by zhull View Post
    What patches are you running?

Aside from the black screen on the voicemail thing, I've been having the same issues intermittently. I'm hoping that this is tied to a patch.

(SMS tone per contact is actually highish on my list of possible problem patches.)
    Same issues here (I'm not having the black screen issue, neither is the wife). Neither of us have SMS tone per contact. I am really thinking this is an issue in the phone app.
    I will confirm the missed calls now UPS claims they called my phone today before delivery and I never got any such phonecall nor does anything show up in call history or missed calls. This is a SERIOUS problem if phonecalls are randomly not even making it through to our phones! Palm, I sure hope you are reading this thread and addressing the volume bug as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I will confirm the missed calls now UPS claims they called my phone today before delivery and I never got any such phonecall nor does anything show up in call history or missed calls. This is a SERIOUS problem if phonecalls are randomly not even making it through to our phones! Palm, I sure hope you are reading this thread and addressing the volume bug as well!
    Do you have any patches installed? I am going to be sending the issue to palm personally, I can imagine this is pretty widespread, since you don't know it happened until someone gets ahold of you and says something.
    Tried to dl Pandora from App Catalog, got an error message...damn it! That's about the only app I use...loved it in my car!!!

It requires 9.32m...telling me to delete some other apps, I have NONE installed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Do you have any patches installed? I am going to be sending the issue to palm personally, I can imagine this is pretty widespread, since you don't know it happened until someone gets ahold of you and says something.
    Yep, I do have about 20 patches installed but I did before 1.4 as well and never ran into missed calls like this.
    About half of my apps are missing since the 1.4 update. I get an error message ("install failed" and "restart required before installation can continue"), yet a restart doesn't help. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    i tried to send a 2 second video to my friends Iphone
    then i get a message from 3344 (im using sprint pre)
    saying that the picture/video i sent may not be received. the receiving service provider has a file size limit.
    the video was only 1 mb.
    does anyone else have this problem too?