Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    sphyg04

I did what you tried no luck

I soooo dont wanna use the doctor if i lose my contacts and photos ill flip
    When you have it hooked up to the usb option, before you run doctor, you should be able to get to the phone directory and save your pictures.

Don't know much about the contacts except get a gmail account so that all your contacts will be synced that way!
    sphyg04

I did what you tried no luck

I soooo dont wanna use the doctor if i lose my contacts and photos ill flip
    Did what I tried on what exactly? The restart? Maybe take battery out for like 30 seconds to a minute, if that doesn't work, try a soft reset.
    no I didn't have any patches or themes installed before I updated
    I get "2 many cards open" message sporadically....since the upgrade and some times apps behave erratically....just freeze for few moments....Youtube videos have issues its sporadic....i don't wanna see the doctor but i have a feeling i might have 2 =(
    Disclosure: stock phone no preware
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipzdod View Post
    I need help everyone I updated to 1.4, now all of my apps are gone and when I try to download them again it gives me this error message "This app requires 7.24M (depends on the app). You must delete some apps of files before you can install it. blah blah blah..." In the app catalog when I click to see what apps I have it says you have no apps installed. Has anyone run into this and is there a solution. BTW preware isn't working either won't load.
    I believe this was talked about earlier in this thread somewhere. Try searching for it (google) or go through this thread looking.

I do know that there was a solution to this problem that was fairly easy, but I can't remember it for the life of me, and I don't really wanna go read all this stuff again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    I can confirm that google maps takes forever to start up now.

I can also confirm that it fails to work unless you have wifi activated.

I can also confirm that wifi drains your battery like a mother!

I can confirm that sometimes the screen is glitchy.

I can confirm that when waking up the phone, sometimes the lock is on the screen you were working on previously, rather than on the proper lock screen.

I can confirm google voice chops off all contacts after the first 3.

I can confirm that sometimes camera will not start up.

I can confirm that when Camera does start up, the camera shutter speed is waaaaaaaaaaay slower.

I can confirm that PDF view has lost the multi touch zoom... Double tap works, but pinch doesn't.

I can confirm that sometimes when pressing power button, screen lags a while before it comes on to unlock.

I can confirm that you cant crop photo's for contacts. They will just return to the regular image.

I can confirm the forward gesture doesn't work in the browser app.

I am having an issue sending picture mail.

Starting preware over a data connection gives me some weird error message about ipkg.

These are a few of the issuses that people are experiencing along with myself. I only posted ones that I have experienced. But there is a number of them here in one place for people looking. Hope this helps
    very concise list. I'm also experiencing a majority of these (those that I haven't is b/c I simply haven't tried).
    Quote Originally Posted by trakslacker View Post
    very concise list. I'm also experiencing a majority of these (those that I haven't is b/c I simply haven't tried).
    Be sure to thank!

Thanks! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post
    This update is a catastrophe! I updated and so far my phone is extremely slow and buggy. Browser is waay slow and only works half the time. I am so disappointed in this update. My sisters have this phone by my recommendation and I can only imagine what they are going through since they are less computer savvy.

I immediately doctored my phone back to 1.2.1 and everything was blazing fast, especially the calling app, compared to this new 1.4 update. It really sux, it feels that every update just makes the phone slower and slower. All you people with all those patches better get used to updating your phones with new patches each time an update is released. I gave up personalizing my phone, its just too much hassle with every update.

All I ask from Palm is the essentials, good battery life, snappy UI, and no bogginess when opening apps. I am done releasing my frustrations and sympathize with everyone here.
    I have to quote myself because after running the webos 1.4 update through webos doctor things have dramatically changed for the better. The phone clearly had a bad bug when I first installed the update. After seeing the Doc it runs much more smoother and transitions betweens applications are better. So if your phone is laggy or slow, and believe me, you will notice, make sure you reinstall 1.4 through webos doctor. I was also able to get mytether working again too. Just thought I would post my experience to help the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post
    I have to quote myself because after running the webos 1.4 update through webos doctor things have dramatically changed for the better. The phone clearly had a bad bug when I first installed the update. After seeing the Doc it runs much more smoother and transitions betweens applications are better. So if your phone is laggy or slow, and believe me, you will notice, make sure you reinstall 1.4 through webos doctor. I was also able to get mytether working again too. Just thought I would post my experience to help the community.
    You know it has to be something to do with the way individuals use their phones. Some install preware, some don't. Some view different things that may make the phone act differently. I have found that if you have preware installed on your phone, it is a little buggy, workable, but buggy. If you install the patches you want/need, then uninstall preware, phone works much better, and you have the patches. I know a run on sentence. Forgive me you grammar teacher out there!
    I already updated to webos 1.4 and now when I click on the Update app, it just shows "Checking For Updates" and doesn't do anything. I can close it and restart the check and that's all it does. In other words, nothing comes back. I have restarted my pre a few times and still the same results. Any insight to this? (I use the update app to checking for any installed application updates.) It used to come back and say your phone is up to date if it doesn't find any updates. Now it just sits there spinning indefinietly.
    the only issue i've noticed so far is that quick contacts lite does not work for me anymore
    ok i have a couple of issues, and yes i am too lazy to read through 66 pages of complaints to see if mine have been stated before. I did read some in a post on this page and I want to list mine as well...

1. Lock icon is on the working screen probably 75% of the time now, what happened to my lock screen??

2. Apps take about twice as long to load...just how much ram is being used to show an icon with a spinning flashing background?

3. Why is there no video camera icon? It takes forever to go through the camera app to then click on the video recording app...devs please tell me you are working on a patch for this.

4. Battery life seems to be a lil less compared to 1.3.5.1. Are we to expect some 1.4.1 soon to address this?

5. Google maps was my go to GPS app when out and about, and now it's almost unreliable! Why did they try to fix something that wasn't really broken?

6. I dunno what is happening with my volume, but the volume icon almost always pops up and goes all the way down when I am in a phone call, especially is I use the palm head phones. The crazy part is there is no actual change in the volume. It just appears, goes to zero and disappears, and then when I pull the headphones out, the music volume icon shows it at full.

&. Preware now hates me. I get IPKG errors all over the place when trying to install apps or patches. I managed to get the commonly used patches, but some random ones I like didn't work. Gave up on them and will try again in about a week.

1.4 was supposed to be our savior update and all I got was flashy loading screens, a vid recording app that is buried in my camera app and takes forever to get to, no way to access videos but through the camera app, why not have a seperate thing like the photos app (did I miss something when searching for this feature), it seems my phone is a bit more laggy switching between apps now, and my battery life did not get any better, in fact I believe it got worse since I am seeing it around 60% before I get home from work versus 75% (i don't use my phone a whole lot at work since I have to leave outside my lab).
    Quote Originally Posted by sjschenk View Post
    of course there are people not having problems, but most are....i guess i shouldnt have said "EVERYONE" having boot logo issues.....
    I'm sorry, on what do you base your statement that "most" people are having problems? What I have observed on the PreCentral forums is that many of the posts about problems are from a vocal minority. People without problems don't tend to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    You know it has to be something to do with the way individuals use their phones. Some install preware, some don't. Some view different things that may make the phone act differently. I have found that if you have preware installed on your phone, it is a little buggy, workable, but buggy. If you install the patches you want/need, then uninstall preware, phone works much better, and you have the patches. I know a run on sentence. Forgive me you grammar teacher out there!
    I agree...it sounds like preware is having issues with 1.4. I dont have any patches on my phone. All I have is mytether and need for speed and can say its working as fast and maybe faster than 1.2.1 or 1.3.5. I noticed the call application was much faster at loading.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Since loading 1.4, I am missing lots of incoming calls. The phone works fine for a while. When a failure occurs, the incoming call does not show up at all. It does not signal the phone, nor does it show up as a missed call. The call eventually goes to voicemail, which works normally. If a message is left, it does signal my phone. However, when I start the phone app to retrieve it, instead of seeing the green dial pad screen, all I get is a black screen with a voicemail notification at the very top. It's as if the phone app has gone to 'sleep'. This happens without warning, and the only way I know it has happened is when I try to use the phone app either to check for calls or to make one. Once this happens, the only way to use the phone app is reboot the device. I have also experienced the issue others describe where at times when I press the power button to wake up my phone, it reboots itself. -jamie
    OK I think im back up and running with no doctor!!

sphyg04

I did all of the following with the whole unplugging pulling battery etc...

I also tried the usb option but just as i was getting ready to do a reboot i figured i would give it one last whirl.....

the palm logo came up and stood there for 10 minutes then my custom boot logo popped up and blinked for 20 minutes then the phone cut itself off did the same thing again and started up with no problems. also im noticing that a app i tried installing last night didnt go thru could installing the app have done all this???

I also noticed this morning before getting this whole boot up mess that i was getting the too many cards open messages but only had 1 thing open.

either way now im paranoid as hell to do anything on it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebs98 View Post
    Since loading 1.4, I am missing lots of incoming calls. The phone works fine for a while. When a failure occurs, the incoming call does not show up at all. It does not signal the phone, nor does it show up as a missed call. The call eventually goes to voicemail, which works normally. If a message is left, it does signal my phone. However, when I start the phone app to retrieve it, instead of seeing the green dial pad screen, all I get is a black screen with a voicemail notification at the very top. It's as if the phone app has gone to 'sleep'. This happens without warning, and the only way I know it has happened is when I try to use the phone app either to check for calls or to make one. Once this happens, the only way to use the phone app is reboot the device. I have also experienced the issue others describe where at times when I press the power button to wake up my phone, it reboots itself. -jamie
    What patches are you running?

Aside from the black screen on the voicemail thing, I've been having the same issues intermittently. I'm hoping that this is tied to a patch.

(SMS tone per contact is actually highish on my list of possible problem patches.)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdbaker65 View Post
    I already updated to webos 1.4 and now when I click on the Update app, it just shows "Checking For Updates" and doesn't do anything. I can close it and restart the check and that's all it does. In other words, nothing comes back. I have restarted my pre a few times and still the same results. Any insight to this? (I use the update app to checking for any installed application updates.) It used to come back and say your phone is up to date if it doesn't find any updates. Now it just sits there spinning indefinietly.
    phone restart has always worked for me.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I've been having a problem over the last few days in correlation with the Touchstone. It seems to be related to the lock time, but I haven't started any close investigation. The symptoms:

On Touchstone, showing the clock, lock, and an appointment reminder. Slide the lock up, and the device hangs. After a bit, Luna Restart.

Overall, it seems like 1.4 is a little sluggish on button responses. I've even had instances where the phone app won't launch (but swipe close and relaunch opens almost instantly).
    OK I think im back up and running with no doctor!!

sphyg04

I did all of the following with the whole unplugging pulling battery etc...

I also tried the usb option but just as i was getting ready to do a reboot i figured i would give it one last whirl.....

the palm logo came up and stood there for 10 minutes then my custom boot logo popped up and blinked for 20 minutes then the phone cut itself off did the same thing again and started up with no problems. also im noticing that a app i tried installing last night didnt go thru could installing the app have done all this???

I also noticed this morning before getting this whole boot up mess that i was getting the too many cards open messages but only had 1 thing open.

either way now im paranoid as hell to do anything on it lol.
    Was it from the app catalog? If so, that shouldn't have caused your problem.