03/02/2010, 10:28 AM
ok i have a couple of issues, and yes i am too lazy to read through 66 pages of complaints to see if mine have been stated before. I did read some in a post on this page and I want to list mine as well...
1. Lock icon is on the working screen probably 75% of the time now, what happened to my lock screen??
2. Apps take about twice as long to load...just how much ram is being used to show an icon with a spinning flashing background?
3. Why is there no video camera icon? It takes forever to go through the camera app to then click on the video recording app...devs please tell me you are working on a patch for this.
4. Battery life seems to be a lil less compared to 188.8.131.52. Are we to expect some 1.4.1 soon to address this?
5. Google maps was my go to GPS app when out and about, and now it's almost unreliable! Why did they try to fix something that wasn't really broken?
6. I dunno what is happening with my volume, but the volume icon almost always pops up and goes all the way down when I am in a phone call, especially is I use the palm head phones. The crazy part is there is no actual change in the volume. It just appears, goes to zero and disappears, and then when I pull the headphones out, the music volume icon shows it at full.
&. Preware now hates me. I get IPKG errors all over the place when trying to install apps or patches. I managed to get the commonly used patches, but some random ones I like didn't work. Gave up on them and will try again in about a week.
1.4 was supposed to be our savior update and all I got was flashy loading screens, a vid recording app that is buried in my camera app and takes forever to get to, no way to access videos but through the camera app, why not have a seperate thing like the photos app (did I miss something when searching for this feature), it seems my phone is a bit more laggy switching between apps now, and my battery life did not get any better, in fact I believe it got worse since I am seeing it around 60% before I get home from work versus 75% (i don't use my phone a whole lot at work since I have to leave outside my lab).