Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    I updated and had very few issues but now im stuck at the stupid logo and finally after pulling the battery my phone loads up BUT its sooooo slow and temperamental it locks up and and doesn't let me do anything. Im very ****ed right now this is so irritating!
    Restart your phone again and see if that helps.

I've noticed that when I installed preware my phone would periodically. So after installing the patches I wanted, I removed preware and phone has been very fast and snappy for 2 days. So maybe preware devs can look at this or palm to see if there is something clashing with the software.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=sphyg04;2273900]okay, here is what you do. Download weos doctor 1.4. Take the battery out of your phone. Take your usb charging cable and plug it
    directly to your computer (not through a hub).
    Now put the battery back in. Plug in micro usb
    and power on phone while holding the up
    volume key. Keep holding up until you see the usb logo. Release uo volume. Now run the doctor. Should take anywhere from 15-30 min.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT TO DO! sphyg04 is smart! I got so frustrated with my phone, so i went to the palm.com/support and actually did a live chat with a palm tech...and those were the same instructions. My Sprint Pre now runs beautifully!! However after the doctor, my photos stayed, i re-downloaded my apps, but my phone contacts didnt make it, and i no longer have preware or any patches. But it REALLY works!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsota214 View Post
    But if Palm or Sprint or whoever would have made an official announcement and stated that "the update is not ready and has some bugs to be worked out, we will have a better idea for the release date in a week" I think most people would be disappointed but would be happier because at least their phones would work.

Good luck everybody!
    If they had done that, Palm's stock would be trading at about $0.05 about now.

FWIW, the update has gone fairly well with me. Had an issue with preware and some of my patches early, but that was apparently from all of us hitting preware at the same time. Just some random notes:

-Camera is wonky now. sometimes works great, sometimes does weird stuff.Taking a lot of accidental photos touching the gesture area now. Can't always view the photos by touching the little thumbnail, but most o the time I can. Once when it sort of froze up, could not only not close the minimized camera card, could not close ANY cards, even though would swipe UP the card would go halfway down and stick there. Need some 1.4.1 love here.

-Browser working much better for me now with update. Did have the multi-mod patch problem but a search (yes, some people DO seach ) found the answer there.

-Don't have a handle on battery yet. Did seem to drain pretty fast at first, but turned off Google in location services and that seemed to help. Sometimes seems to drain fast, sometimes seems to be better than before. Last night took off charger to see how it would do over night. In 6 hours off charger with wi-fi on went from 100% to 94%. THAT is much better than before. In short, not sure where I am with the battery yet.

-I assume that people have figured out that the reason for the new "splash cards" is so that the Pre SEEMS to be quicker. Before it just stayed blank as loading an app, now you get the splash card while waiting to load. That being said, the device does seem snappier overall - and I do regular resets so I'm pretty sure its not just that.

-Am liking the new quicker unlock feature. Much better than the old dragging.

-Don't like loosing my pinch to zoom in PDF. that stinks.

Lastly, I am pretty sure there WAS a last moment delay in the release to fix something. One of my favorite apps -- PowerNap had an update in the Catalog on Friday morning. It would only work with 1.4. The developer had apparently been told it would not go up until 1.4 was out. Methinks that there was some sort of last moment delay that did not get communicated to the app store.

-
    -
    I have also noticed battery drains pretty quikly.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adonislapara View Post
    I download webos 1.4 and intalled but my phone is stuck on the palm boot logo. It have like 2 hours or more in the palm boot logo.. some one help me please..thanks.

Everyone that is waiting on the palm boot logo, I had the same problem!! You will have to doctor your phone! Here are the instructions I got from an online chat with a palm tech:

1. Remove battery
    2. Plug your charger into the wall
    (this next part requires some dexterity)
    3. Replace the battery and hold the "Volume Up" button
    4. While still holding your Volume Up button, plug the phone into the charger
    5. A large USB icon should appear on the phone.
    6. Now you can move the USB from the wall charger to your computer and your pre should be visible to your PC. Let windows install drivers and Voila!

WebOS Doctor should take about 25 mins. I will be like getting a new phone all over again!
    Any solution for web not working after the 1.4 update sent out? Been through Sprint tech support, reboot, battery pull, system id, etc, still not working. Does the Preware malfunction?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Got a call yesterday from my wife, but I did not hear the Pre ringing. So, I had a missed call in the call log, but it showed only the number, not the name. When she called again later, her name showed up correctly in the call log.
    That appears to be what's happening to me.

What patches are you using?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    yes Preware malfunctions...and as for the web, i have read throughout here that the multi-mod patch is causing the problem. If you can...remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjschenk View Post

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT TO DO! sphyg04 is smart! I got so frustrated with my phone, so i went to the palm.com/support and actually did a live chat with a palm tech...and those were the same instructions. My Sprint Pre now runs beautifully!! However after the doctor, my photos stayed, i re-downloaded my apps, but my phone contacts didnt make it, and i no longer have preware or any patches. But it REALLY works!
    I have found if you are saving your contacts on a palm profile they get lost a lot. To remedy this, create a google account ans sync it regularly. You will still loose your apps and stuff bu your contacts will be saved! =)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i know im way behind the times....i have been a Yahoo! member for 15 years, i still dont have a google account. Maybe with this phone, its time to get one.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    So now that my phone is normal....do I dare reload Preware?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Everyone that is waiting on the palm boot logo, I had the same problem!! You will have to doctor your phone! Here are the instructions I got from an online chat with a palm tech:

1. Remove battery
    2. Plug your charger into the wall
    (this next part requires some dexterity)
    3. Replace the battery and hold the "Volume Up" button
    4. While still holding your Volume Up button, plug the phone into the charger
    5. A large USB icon should appear on the phone.
    6. Now you can move the USB from the wall charger to your computer and your pre should be visible to your PC. Let windows install drivers and Voila!

WebOS Doctor should take about 25 mins. I will be like getting a new phone all over again!
    I didn't quite have to do all those steps when it happened to me. I simply removed the battery, replaced the battery and restarted the phone. It go stuck again, so I repeated those three steps. The second time, it started up fine, but the updated failed (something about not being able to validate the file). I then retried the update, and everything worked fine.
    i know im way behind the times....i have been a Yahoo! member for 15 years, i still dont have a google account. Maybe with this phone, its time to get one.
    I was a yahoo user for years! And I switched over to google and it was just so impressive I had to keep it. It is amazing what google is doing with some of their stuff! Try it out. You won't be disappointed!

P.S. Their spam filter blows yahoo's out of the water!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    of course there are people not having problems, but most are....i guess i shouldnt have said "EVERYONE" having boot logo issues.....
    everything's great here, except email signature doesn't stick anymore, and no pinch to zoom in pdf I believe.
    So now that my phone is normal....do I dare reload Preware?
    Load. Install patches and apps you want, then remove. Restart phone. All should be fine. I only have like 8 patches installed though. 4x4, flashlight in menu, and some others. I would be very careful with it until either palm or the preware devs get things stabilized.
    sphyg04 is smart!
    Not so much smart, as I just had a problem like this on a friends phone and looked for how to remedy it. Found out that that worked so I thought I would share it with you guys.
    sphyg04

I did what you tried no luck

I soooo dont wanna use the doctor if i lose my contacts and photos ill flip
    Quote Originally Posted by krypticide View Post
    everything's great here, except email signature doesn't stick anymore, and no pinch to zoom in pdf I believe.
    you know where it says

-- Sent from my palm pre.

I think if you leave the -- and put something like

-- Sphyg04

I think it sticks. Haven't been confirmed, but mine sticks on my google account, which is the only one I use anymore. Try it out and see if it works. Let me know so I can continue to tell people this or stop. Thanks.
    I need help everyone I updated to 1.4, now all of my apps are gone and when I try to download them again it gives me this error message "This app requires 7.24M (depends on the app). You must delete some apps of files before you can install it. blah blah blah..." In the app catalog when I click to see what apps I have it says you have no apps installed. Has anyone run into this and is there a solution. BTW preware isn't working either won't load.