Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 11 515657585960616263646566 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Is there a post for patches we don't need anymore or problem patches post update?
    A few of the patches I've found not working or should I say not allowing the phone to work are, SMS Tone per Contact-would not audibly alert for contacts not given custom tone,Enable Landscape Messaging and/or Add Option to Send Link Message, one of these would not let me sign in to IM account in messaging. I just got rid of both of them at the same time since their relation to the function and didn't feel like loading Preware again to figure out which one. Finally, Multi Mod patch, would not let my web to function when trying to check web pages.

I would simply suggest to get rid of the patch if you are having problems with any functions and see if thats what it is. I'm diggin the update otherwise. Just patch functions need to be repaired for the update
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    How do you go back to that?
    Download the version of your choice here,
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Then open up the file and run it. Its pretty self-explanatory from there. I used a Mac, dont know if it really makes a difference.

Pre1 and Daemon,

I am actually updating again to Webos 1.4, giving it another chance. Went from 1.2.1 to 1.3.5 and now to 1.4, I'll post if my UI and browser are snappier...
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Got a call yesterday from my wife, but I did not hear the Pre ringing. So, I had a missed call in the call log, but it showed only the number, not the name. When she called again later, her name showed up correctly in the call log.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    This update seems rushed. I understand that new features may have issues. But why with each major update Palm seems to break old features too. Now we'll be waiting for 1.4.1 to fix what they just broke.

I understand the whole early adopter thing. I'm just beginning to lose my patients. 1.4 has brought an uneasy feeling to the Pre. Just seems erratic. I've reset my phone more in the past few days than I have in months, just to get it to be responsive.

That being said, after resetting the Pre flies. But it quickly slows down and begins with the erratic behavior. And the issue of pics being overwritten is unacceptable. Imagine how those that don't know about patching will feel when they lose their pics without warning.

Which leads me to this. We here at P|C have knowledge that the majority of Pre owners don't. So, while many of the issues we have can be fixed with a patch, the majority will not be aware of this. Hence the Pre will fall short in popular opinion when compared to the older OS's.
    I put my phone in airplane mode overnight. It was fully charged when i went to bed and it had no cards open. I unplugged it from the charger prior to going to bed to see what would happen as it appeared my battery life had been cut into about 25% of its former capacity. Not by 25% but a total of 25% prior to 1.4.... well, this morning my battery was DEAD. the pre was non responsive, I put it on the charger for about half an hour and it finally came to life..... This is very bad. I loved my pre and was looking forward to the video recording capability, but the power consumption of 1.4 is making me consider other options......

Another issue is with the video recording itself. I record, it records for about 1 minute, freezes and then i have to reboot the phone to get my phone to unfreeze. I, like so many others, have been anxiously awaiting the update. But if Palm or Sprint or whoever would have made an official announcement and stated that "the update is not ready and has some bugs to be worked out, we will have a better idea for the release date in a week" I think most people would be disappointed but would be happier because at least their phones would work.

Good luck everybody!
    I'm having multiple audio problems since 1.4. All my streaming apps no longer work. drPodder, AccuRadio, RadioTime, Music Wave, Ampache.

In addition, when Im setting a new ringtone and try to preview it using the blue arrow icon, it wont play.

Ive tried doctoring to no avail....seems to be a WebOS software issue.

Gx
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    For most people, the browser has never performed better than it does now in 1.4.
    For those having problem with it, I'd suggest trying to find the
    root cause and fix it, rather than simply giving up and reverting to
    some old version.

ian
    posting here is the attempt to find the root cause. I'm at a loss, my hardware checks out, doctored my phone and have zero patches so I'm not really sure where to look for this root cause. If you have any advice rather than vague conjecture it would greatly appreciated. Don't mean to be a **** but I'm starting to get pretty frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by fastnloud View Post
    I have a phone in Australia locked to UK O2, using Rebel SIM to get past the locking - works fine until now.
    The Rebel Sim isnt compatible with WebOS 1.4. See the message from Rebel half way down the page

Gx
    it took like 45 sec to load my txt messages. phone is getting very unresponsive
    seems slower. battery life seems to be worse i got off work today with a dead phone i usually have 30-40 percent left after listening to music,
    feels bad man
    i cannot delete contacts stored on sim card.
    and i cannot prehear a ringtone for incoming calls, when i touch the play button -> nothing!
    I must say, I have really noticed that my Pre seems more bogged down since upgrading to 1.4. Sliding cards or pages, especially in the app launcher, seem very stuttery and slow. Scrolling up and down is very bad as well. Not sure why this is happening. I have given it a few days to stabilize as some people have suggested, have rebooted, have pulled the battery, and so forth, and nothing seems to be happening.

Now, I have never used patches until after 1.4, but have installed a few since I upgraded to 1.4.

Also, my battery drain DOES seem worse than pre-1.4. I am NOT a heavy user (though I have been installing a few apps and patches as I said before), but still, it seems that I only make 3/4 of the way through the day before needing to charge my Pre back up.

Could it be that patches are really draining on the battery/processor in some way?

(VZW Pre Plus, BTW...)
    I went through the update and now have a beautiful image of a Triangle with a large exlamation point on my screen. Underneath it says "www.palm.com/ROM".

This does not look good. My phone was practically a virgin with NO patches themes etc. Just activated this particular phone last week!
    This is probably something simple, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Every time I do a universal search and use Google, the Google results are in Spanish. Although I'm fluent in Spanish, I'd prefer to use the English version of the web. When I go into "Preferencias" ("Preferences"), there's no option to change language. So I click on the link in the bottom for the English version, but it reverts to Spanish with every new search. This never happened before the update.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I went through the update and now have a beautiful image of a Triangle with a large exlamation point on my screen. Underneath it says "www.palm.com/ROM".

This does not look good. My phone was practically a virgin with NO patches themes etc. Just activated this particular phone last week!
    I highly suggest you doctor your phone
    I download webos 1.4 and intalled but my phone is stuck on the palm boot logo. It have like 2 hours or more in the palm boot logo.. some one help me please..thanks.
    I download webos 1.4 and intalled but my phone is stuck on the palm boot logo. It have like 2 hours or more in the palm boot logo.. some one help me please..thanks.
    Has this happened to anyone else today??

I've been running 1.4 since it was released this weekend, love it! Put the phone on my touchstone as I went to bed last night. When I woke up this morning I had the palm logo. I waited about 5 minutes for it to do something but nothing... Removed the battery and we're still watching the palm logo flash. Now what?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    My battery life has gotten worse since the update. I havent used the video camera yet and havent added anything since updating.
    I updated and had very few issues but now im stuck at the stupid logo and finally after pulling the battery my phone loads up BUT its sooooo slow and temperamental it locks up and and doesn't let me do anything. Im very ****ed right now this is so irritating!
    Quote Originally Posted by adonislapara View Post
    okay, here is what you do. Download weos doctor 1.4. Take the battery out of your phone. Take your usb charging cable and plug it
    directly to your computer (not through a hub).
    Now put the battery back in. Plug in micro usb
    and power on phone while holding the up
    volume key. Keep holding up until you see the usb logo. Release uo volume. Now run the doctor. Should take anywhere from 15-30 min.

Hope this helps.