Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 10 505556575859606162636465 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1902
    Sometimes when I open my phone it freezes very dim and then works seconds later. Small but annoying
    I doctored my phone, losing a lot of valuable SMS messages in the process because the update left my phone crippled. After a full wipe and reinstall many of the problems are gone but it the phone is still agonizingly slow. It can take up to 30 seconds to load my calender. When someone calls and I answer I get a loading screen for 12 seconds. The touch screen is barely responsive. This patch is a huge disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by drdnaga View Post
    quick contacts ver 1.0.2 won't load.. Update for this is needed
    I have 1.0.3 and it works, but still has the issue where if you select SMS from the contact details screen, it still goes to the SMS screen with the "Unknown" contact. SMS interface only seems to work if you have it defined as the default for that contact.
    This may have already been addressed, but my browser didn't work, either, after the upgrade to 1.4. I went into preferences, cleared history, cleared cookies, cleared cache, and the browser then worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Can anyone tell me if their 4x4 patch works after the update?
    4x4 v3 OK. 4x4 V4 = all apps disappear from launcher
    Same here, 4x4 v3 works great
    Well, I've read through all 63 pages on this thread and still cannot find any fixes for the Yahoo Messenger issue. I've deleted and re-added my Yahoo account, deleted/reinstalled any patches, Luna restarted, googled my brains out and just get the spinning wheel and "signing in..." message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    anyone having problems with email? After the update it worked great. Yesterday, one email account stopped downloading messages. Today, both email accounts are gone (both gmail accounts). I cant add the accounts back. It sits on signing in screen for hours. I can sign into my gmail accounts no problem in messaging....only email isnt working.

I was about to buy some palm stock after the update because at first it seemed incredible. Now ***. shame how long this thread is.
    So, apparently people have been trying to reach me over the weekend.

But only rarely has my phone been ringing, for that matter, it doesn't even show that I've missed phone calls.

I'm on Sprint, and none of this was happening in the exact same locations until the 1.4 update, so I'm betting that it's the phone.

In any case, this isn't even _remotely_ useful behavior in a phone.
    The sms no longer have a timestamp for the previous day after midnight. Messages just bunch together...
    Anyone having this issue. When I go to preware, select the patch, then click 'install', nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?
    Ok... where did the alert and notification ringtone selection go?! That lame if they changed it.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    why does my browser suck now? it is almost completely unusable, ridiculously slow on evdo and even worse on wifi. it only loads pages about 50% of the time without multiple refreshes. i dont have the multi mod patch let alone any patches plus i did a doctor of 1.4 with no change. i don't understand it seems most people have been talking about the improved performance of the browser...what gives? anyone else having these same issues?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcorey View Post
    The sms no longer have a timestamp for the previous day after midnight. Messages just bunch together...
    That functionality has always been a patch.

ian
    This update is a catastrophe! I updated and so far my phone is extremely slow and buggy. Browser is waay slow and only works half the time. I am so disappointed in this update. My sisters have this phone by my recommendation and I can only imagine what they are going through since they are less computer savvy.

I immediately doctored my phone back to 1.2.1 and everything was blazing fast, especially the calling app, compared to this new 1.4 update. It really sux, it feels that every update just makes the phone slower and slower. All you people with all those patches better get used to updating your phones with new patches each time an update is released. I gave up personalizing my phone, its just too much hassle with every update.

All I ask from Palm is the essentials, good battery life, snappy UI, and no bogginess when opening apps. I am done releasing my frustrations and sympathize with everyone here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post
    I immediately doctored my phone back to 1.2.1.
    How do you go back to that?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    2 more things:

The browser has a problem with mobile Google Reader now. When you scroll down the RSS entries to the buttom of the page and tap on "load more", then it jumps to the top of the page. Before 1.4, it stayed on that spot and you could continue reading. Then again, this could be a Google bug, because the browser now supports anchors. Where would I report this to Google to make sure?

Exactly at midnight, sitting on the Touchstone, my Pre vibrated. And it made a soft ringing sound at the same time.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post
    This update is a catastrophe! I updated and so far my phone is extremely slow and buggy. Browser is waay slow and only works half the time. I am so disappointed in this update. My sisters have this phone by my recommendation and I can only imagine what they are going through since they are less computer savvy.

I immediately doctored my phone back to 1.2.1 and everything was blazing fast, especially the calling app, compared to this new 1.4 update. It really sux, it feels that every update just makes the phone slower and slower. All you people with all those patches better get used to updating your phones with new patches each time an update is released. I gave up personalizing my phone, its just too much hassle with every update.

All I ask from Palm is the essentials, good battery life, snappy UI, and no bogginess when opening apps. I am done releasing my frustrations and sympathize with everyone here.
    totally agree about the browser, super slow and almost unusable. at least a 1.4 doctor fixed all the other problems you are referring to and everything else is moving super fast now. so the choice is to doctor back to a slower phone w/ no video and great browser or keep the the faster new os w/ no browser. starting to seem like a no-brainer.... i need my internet!!!
    anyone else unable to delete text messages? swipe, shows deleted, close and open card, still there!! anyone?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    For most people, the browser has never performed better than it does now in 1.4.
    For those having problem with it, I'd suggest trying to find the
    root cause and fix it, rather than simply giving up and reverting to
    some old version.

ian