Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1902
    This is weird... I believe it started with the 1.4 upgrade.

When I answer a call, I get 2 choices, either headset or speaker. If I don't have the wired headset plugged, my only choice to use the speaker phone. If I turn on a blue tooth headset, I get that choice too, but I cannot hear using it as a standard phone.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?
    Irish
    sounds like the headset bug. Do u use a headset or a 3.5mm cable for sending audio to the car? Try plugging it in and out and see if it is working correctly. The headset jack has a tendancy to get confused with plugging something in and unplugging often.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I cant go to any webpages at all.When I try to go toa webpage it does nothing and when I try to load the precentral app it goes to a blank white page without any refreash button.Can anyone help??
    Scroll back a few pages and this was discussed. Did you have MultiMod installed? That browser patch is not compatible with 1.4. I did. So far it's the only hangup I have.

By the way, is there ANY WAY to get rid of the *expletive deleted* [3G] notice and put 1x/EV back in? It's terribly annoying, and rather useless as far as I can tell We need real information, not marketing decisions
    I wish I knew what was wrong with my phone....
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    So with the 1.4 update my car doesn't recognize the phone or the address book. However, it DOES allow the bluetooth connection so i can talk on the phone and accepts the calls. However, there is not indications on the panel that there is a connection.
    sorry to hear that, i am also getting the same issue with my BMW, the calls go thru for a minute or two and then it drops to speaker (using touchstone in my car) but no address book. this is the worst update thus far...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    sounds like the headset bug. Do u use a headset or a 3.5mm cable for sending audio to the car? Try plugging it in and out and see if it is working correctly. The headset jack has a tendancy to get confused with plugging something in and unplugging often.
    Thanks for the quick response!

I use the headset that came with my phone, sometimes just for a clearer call, and sometimes for listening to music. The only connection I use in my car is the bluetooth for the phone only. I have a separate iPod connected in the car for music.

Is there a known bug I have missed regarding the headset jack? Is it physical or something software related?

Thanks again,
    Irish
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    today I tried to send a pdf attachment via gmail - email arrived without the attachment. Anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by tarhead; 03/01/2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: mi speling iz not gud
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    One thing I've noticed, is my email signature is gone. So, I retyped it and once you navigate away and go back to check it, it is gone again! Never had an issue with this before the 1.4 update. I do SO much emailing on the road for business. Really sucks! Any ideas?

Thank you!
    Steve
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    still have my signature - & everything works well - just lost my ability to attach pdf's
    I can confirm that google maps takes forever to start up now.

I can also confirm that it fails to work unless you have wifi activated.

I can also confirm that wifi drains your battery like a mother!

I can confirm that sometimes the screen is glitchy.

I can confirm that when waking up the phone, sometimes the lock is on the screen you were working on previously, rather than on the proper lock screen.

I can confirm google voice chops off all contacts after the first 3.

I can confirm that sometimes camera will not start up.

I can confirm that when Camera does start up, the camera shutter speed is waaaaaaaaaaay slower.

I can confirm that PDF view has lost the multi touch zoom... Double tap works, but pinch doesn't.

I can confirm that sometimes when pressing power button, screen lags a while before it comes on to unlock.

I can confirm that you cant crop photo's for contacts. They will just return to the regular image.

I can confirm the forward gesture doesn't work in the browser app.

I am having an issue sending picture mail.

Starting preware over a data connection gives me some weird error message about ipkg.

These are a few of the issuses that people are experiencing along with myself. I only posted ones that I have experienced. But there is a number of them here in one place for people looking. Hope this helps
    Last edited by sphyg04; 03/01/2010 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    I can confirm that google maps takes forever to start up now.

I can also confirm that it fails to work unless you have wifi activated.

I can also confirm that wifi drains your battery like a mother!

I can confirm that sometimes the screen is glitchy.

I can confirm that when waking up the phone, sometimes the lock is on the screen you were working on previously, rather than on the proper lock screen.

I can confirm google voice chops off all contacts after the first 3.

I can confirm that sometimes camera will not start up.

I can confirm that when Camera does start up, the camera shutter speed is waaaaaaaaaaay slower.

I can confirm that PDF view has lost the multi touch zoom... Double tap works, but pinch doesn't.

I can confirm that sometimes when pressing power button, screen lags a while before it comes on to unlock.

I can confirm that you cant crop photo's for contacts. They will just return to the regular image.

I can confirm the forward gesture doesn't work in the browser app.

I am having an issue sending picture mail.

These are a few of the issuses that people are experiencing along with myself. I only posted ones that I have experienced. But there is a number of them here in one place for people looking. Hope this helps
    are you or anybody for the matter,having an issue with new pics deleting old pics??? Everytime my wife takes a photo, another photo gets deleted...she had 38,snapped two pics, and only has 39 pics...
    If you have 4x4 icons v$ installed, try uninstalling it and installing V3. This fixed my apps disappearing (prior to V1.4).
    oops, v$ = v4
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    are you or anybody for the matter,having an issue with new pics deleting old pics??? Everytime my wife takes a photo, another photo gets deleted...she had 38,snapped two pics, and only has 39 pics...
    Nope haven't had this problem. But thats not to say its not out there.
    After updating to 1.4, I now cannot get 3G connectivity. Initially, lost all phone connectivity and couldnt get it back. Restart did not work. I put my SIM in another phone and it connected OK; put it back in the Pre, and it was working again. Shortly after that I lost all connectivity again. Tried the SIM swap trick again and got back phone, but not data (3G) - just showibng a Roam icon (data roaming enabled). I have the Advanced Rest Options patch (among many others). When I try to switch Airplane mode ON using that (previously worked fine), it seems to think it has switched, but phone still works and connectivity icons show phone is still working ie. they do not show the airplane icon; select the reset options again and select option to turn Airplane mode OFF (just so that everything is in the same mode). I have a phone in Australia locked to UK O2, using Rebel SIM to get past the locking - works fine until now.

The only "d'oh" I did was that I forgot to remove my theme (The BluePrint) before updating to 1.4. It seemed to be generally working after the update. I removed and re-installed the theme after the update. Ran "Update All" patches from Preware after update.
    This webOS 1.4 update is a disaster. There are 63 (and growing) pages of problems in just over 3 days, whereas the official webOS 1.3.5 issues thread has 29 pages of problems since December 28. Granted there are a lot of issues in the thread caused by people tinkering with their phones (not uninstalling Preware themes, the multi-mod patch stopping the use of web browser, etc.), but there's an amazing amount of problems with the stock programs included in webOS.

I am rolling back to 1.3.5.1 because I can no longer use any aspect of my phone that requires an Internet connection. And yes, I have Doctored my phone to 1.4. Three times. In fact, one of those times I Doctored it to 1.2.1, then to 1.4. Still I am unable to install some apps, specifically Forbes and Fandango, and if I leave my phone idle for some amount of time (not sure the amount) I am unable to use anything that requires an Internet connection.

I was always under the impression patches/updates were supposed to make things better. It's not like Palm has a huge ecosystem of hardware/software to work with...just two phones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I remember someone posting about this a while back -- before the upgrade.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...appearing.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    I am using O2 UK pre with rebelsim. After update to 1.4, my Pre shows I am on roaming. And I can't manual choose network and input my APN setting...........

I have exactly the same problem with the same setup. Did you resolve it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Quick Contacts 1.0.1 out on HomeBrew no longer works. It just hangs on the loading contacts screen.
    This happened to me the first time I opened QC after update, but closed the app and reloaded and now it seems to work fine.
    I found a new issue after the 1.4 update.

I've been leaving my WiFi on. When at home and work, it kicks in and works fine. Outside of either EVDO kicks in and works just fine.

After updating to 1.4, the switch back to EVDO doesn't work. Everything "looks" normal and I get no errors, but no data traffic flows. The only way I can get EVDO working again is to hit "Update Network Settings" in the Phone Preferences.

Thread on this here --> http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2272650