Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    Heres another issue I have been having. Every once in a while I close the email app when I start it back up it asks me to setup an email account. My two accounts I have setup are there and all I have to do is press done, but when the app is closed and if happens to revert back to that setup screen, I don't get email notifications during that time.

+1. I've experienced this perhaps 3 times since updating to 1.4, which in turns means that is has happened approximate 1/10 times I open the email app. Cannot consistently reproduce, but it's definitely there. If I can provide any further circumstantial info over the next few days, I will do so. For reference I only have a Gmail account setup in email.

Thanks,

T
    my phone says i have no memory left that i need to close some apps but nothing is open and i cant open anything or turn on developer mode to remove patches through the computer it first happened when tried to open preware but it did work at first so i was able to update paches now sometimes i can even turn the phone on ...... so i guess my phone is in paper weight mode.... what can i do what can i do ON THE PALM PRE FROM SPRINT
    Last edited by PalmNick; 03/01/2010 at 06:37 PM.
    I discovered this today the hard way. Glad that you reported it. Had to write down contacts on paper - that's just wrong! ~ccc
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    My Pre phone app is taking a long time to load the first time I start it.
    And the phone is disconnecting people at random times. I can't have a call lasting longer than a minute before it disconnects. Not ALL the time, but often.
    DATA is also not staying connected- and once it disconnects, it's a real PITA to turn back on. I didn't realize it was an issue until I couldn't run Google Maps (lost in another city). WiFi was also having some issues, but that seems to be OK now. A few LUNA restarts with some changed settings seems to have this part working OK.

Also, this was a strange update- I downloaded the update and ran it; on the first reboot, I got the flashing PALM logo, but it lasted for over THREE hours! Finally, I pulled the battery and it rebooted without issue.
    Pre randomly loses network connectivity, saying "Phone offline" in the top left corner. Have to do a full reboot to get the phone to reconnect. Wasn't doing this prior to 1.4 update.
    So with the 1.4 update my car doesn't recognize the phone or the address book. However, it DOES allow the bluetooth connection so i can talk on the phone and accepts the calls. However, there is not indications on the panel that there is a connection.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftclick View Post
    Since the WebOS 1.4 update (palm pre phone), the Contacts section of the Google Voice web app m.google.com/voice is being cut off about 1/3 of the way down the page in the contacts list, and in the contact details. It makes it impossible to call an alternate number for anyone (anything past the first phone # option). Even that first phone # option is only partially viewable cause it is also being cut off.

If you use Google voice or have an account. Check it out on your phone, and chime in so we can see how widespread this issue is and hopefully get Palm, and/or Google to fast-track us a fix.

With the death of gDial Pro and now this, Google Voice has now been officially rendered useless on WebOS. At least for me anyway :-(.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    You're about the 5th or 6th person in the thread to confirm this issue.

I have already notified Google on their Voice help thing. Really curious whether this is a Palm or Google problem.
    +1. Thankfully, I don't use that address list very much. But I have noticed that no only is the contact information cut off, but the contact list is messed up. Only 3 contacts show on any one list, and I know I've got way more than that.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNick View Post
    my phone says i have no memory left that i need to close some apps but nothing is open and i cant open anything or turn on developer mode to remove patches through the computer it first happened when tried to open preware but it did work at first so i was able to update paches now sometimes i can even turn the phone on ...... so i guess my phone is in paper weight mode.... what can i do what can i do ON THE PALM PRE FROM SPRINT
    same problem here, and it usually happens when I try to open preware. the phone turns on and works, however it gives me the "not enough memory" I guess I'm going back to WOSQI now.
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    same problem here, and it usually happens when I try to open preware. the phone turns on and works, however it gives me the "not enough memory" I guess I'm going back to WOSQI now.
    I wish I could even do that much but I cant even turn on Developer mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Camera Shutter speed is Significantly Slower after 1.4
    I noticed the same thing. This really bothers me because the camera speed was one of my favorite features of the pre. Any way to fix this?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    don't know patches my sister had but her pre (sprint) would do a screen off and no on as soon as any call was initiated.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    is it just me or do apps load slower with the whole pulsing crap?
    I feel the same way. that place holder card idea was not a good one.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    im updating all my 14 patches, i hope nothing happens.
    wow only 14 patches?
    I have way more somewhere near 50
    Quote Originally Posted by lvav06 View Post
    wow only 14 patches?
    I have way more somewhere near 50
    :high 5:
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Recently and even before 1.4 my new palm pre plus has been having issues downloading some applications from the app catalog. when i download certain applications (for example ESPN Zoom), the notification pops up saying i installed it, but when i go to my app launcher the blue circle is full, but the shortcut does not work(usually takes me to downloaded apps list which says its still installing). Any ideas how to fix this? ~Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    I had a similar problem two releases ago. It never upgraded to the prior release because of a memory issue. Turns out the problem was that the memory was full - mostly with MP3 files. Some upgrade or something tipped it over the edge, and instead of just being "full", it became dangerously unstable.

I took mine to the Sprint store, where the tech diagnosed my problem in about 45 seconds. He did a full wipe and restored everything EXCEPT my music. Now I have lots of memory, and the gadget runs much more smoothly and no long acts buggy.

There's room for me to add back a lot of music, but I'd sort of afraid I'll lose track of space and run into the same problem.

Anyhow, my advice is to check and see if you've got music or photos or something that's chewing up memory, and free up a big chunk of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I had a similar problem two releases ago. It never upgraded to the prior release because of a memory issue. Turns out the problem was that the memory was full - mostly with MP3 files. Some upgrade or something tipped it over the edge, and instead of just being "full", it became dangerously unstable.

I took mine to the Sprint store, where the tech diagnosed my problem in about 45 seconds. He did a full wipe and restored everything EXCEPT my music. Now I have lots of memory, and the gadget runs much more smoothly and no long acts buggy.

There's room for me to add back a lot of music, but I'd sort of afraid I'll lose track of space and run into the same problem.

Anyhow, my advice is to check and see if you've got music or photos or something that's chewing up memory, and free up a big chunk of space.
    I would but I have no music on my phone and I cant open any apps and my phone will freeze after about 2 minutes and then I have to take the battery out...
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Yesterday evening, I switched the display off and immediately put the Pre on the Touchstone. But the display would not go on and show the clock. After waiting some seconds, I took it of the Touchstone. Then the display went on, showed the lock screen for a moment and then Luna crashed.

This afternoon, I wanted to switch on the Pre (not on the Touchstone) and it would not enable the display. I tried several times. After like 5 or 6 times, the display went suddenly on and Luna crashed.
    Sounds like you're having basically the exact same issue I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by RawFoodGuy View Post
    Help! Cannot save new contacts or edit contacts in 1.4!
    I have to agree, this is an issue I have not had problems with...if anything my contacts experience is better. It will take a while to sync, especially if you delete and readd an account.
    Short version:

ALL MY INSTALLED APPS DISAPPEARED when I updated to WebOS 1.4
    Anyone have this issue?

Ok, here's the long story:

Earlier today, I updated to WebOS 1.4. It went smoothly.
    But I discovered that updating did NOT fix the Yahoo Messenger issue many are having. So I decided to doctor my phone using the latest version of WebOSDoctor. My phone was restored to it's factory settings, but did not delete my pictures, music, notes and tasks (thank God!). My apps re-installed itself (even the ones I got from Preware).

Then I noticed that after doctoring it, it reverted my phone back to WebOS 1.3.5.1. So I did another update to WebOS 1.4.

This is where my apps went AWOL. They just disappeared.