Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6 465152535455565758596061 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    This morning, I picked up my phone and the music volume started going up and down rapidly by itself. I set the phone back down and it continued, and then the screen went black.

I could not power on or off the device and had to remove the battery and restart that way.

Then, later in the day, I reach in my pocket for my phone, and when I got it out, I noticed the volume for music was going nutso again!

It's also the music/app/game volume, not the ringer volume, which is what goes up and down normally for me when I'm at the card view screen.

What the heck?
    same here and http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-icon-bug.html
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

this happened to my gf this weekend...her phone wouldnt ring but the call came in and she couldnt preview ringtones either...reboot fixed it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    this happened to my gf this weekend...her phone wouldnt ring but the call came in and she couldnt preview ringtones either...reboot fixed it
    Do you know if her camera crashed before hand during the day. Or maybe another app that uses audio?
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    Do you know if her camera crashed before hand during the day. Or maybe another app that uses audio?
    no idea...all i know is she was driving she had her pre on her lap...and i noticed a call was coming in but no sound...the swoosh sound was still going on but no ringtones...and even previewing them wouldnt go...reboot fixed that....but i have been having trouble with the video recorder....trimming works but i get endless pins and then i cant view videos...someone my camera app goes grey...but the most annoying one is the volume bug...it pops up every so often...and it has nothing to do with patches
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    Heres another issue I have been having. Every once in a while I close the email app when I start it back up it asks me to setup an email account. My two accounts I have setup are there and all I have to do is press done, but when the app is closed and if happens to revert back to that setup screen, I don't get email notifications during that time.
    I'm not sure if I'm not getting the notifications but I'm having to tap "Done" occasionally as well.
    All went well...to start with
    Removed homebrew software and patches
    Updated to 1.4
    Installed most of my home brew apps and patches and all going smoothly...till I installed the patch to allow Palm Pre to emulate iPhone when browsing the web (sorry-cant remeber name of the patch).
    System rebooted as expected but never came back up. Tried various methods to reset btu eventually had to use WebOSDoctor to rebuild. In fact it wouldnt connect at first until I did the usual 'remove batter, hold the volume button, insert battery, still hold vol up button and plug in USB cable).
    Now updating to 1.4 again. Wont be installing the iPhone patch!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    super tux is not working for me at least
    I downloaded the update Saturday. Ever since then I have not been able to use email or the browser while connected to wi-fi. Anybody experiencing the same? I called Sprint and Palm. Palm elevated the priority level? Anybody have any fixes?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    After updating to 1.4, Preware doesn't list any patches or applications that are installed. Preware does let me reinstall them, but is there an easier way update Preware so that it lists all installed patches and apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlee View Post
    After updating to 1.4, Preware doesn't list any patches or applications that are installed. Preware does let me reinstall them, but is there an easier way update Preware so that it lists all installed patches and apps?
    That's rather strange because Preware didn't have any issues on mine. I had removed the theme before upgrading to 1.4. After the upgrade, I went into preware and it still listed all the installed packages. Had you upgraded to the latest version of preware before upgrading to 1.4?
    My biggest issue seems to be the screen not wanting to turn back on, then as soon as it does the phone restarts. It hasn't happened a lot, but seems to happen at least once a day if use my pre a lot that day. It doesn't seem to be a full restart, probably a luna restart.
    I can't figure it out though.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Looks like plenty of people are having volume issues; mine is that playback, whether it is embedded mp3s in the browser, or video files stored on my Pre, or ringtones stored on my Pre, are way, way too quiet. Notifications, however, still come up at the normal volume. I haven't tested it with headphones yet, but I can barely hear anything.

I should note that ringtones work when I'm receiving calls, just not when I'm playing them back in the Sounds & Ringtones section.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    That's rather strange because Preware didn't have any issues on mine. I had removed the theme before upgrading to 1.4. After the upgrade, I went into preware and it still listed all the installed packages. Had you upgraded to the latest version of preware before upgrading to 1.4?
    I think so... I'm on 0.9.28.

BTW, I don't have any themes installed.
    Usually I charge my phone at night, and it's good for the whole day. Today, I've charged it twice, and made no calls... There is obviously a problem with the battery life with 1.4.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yesterday evening, I switched the display off and immediately put the Pre on the Touchstone. But the display would not go on and show the clock. After waiting some seconds, I took it of the Touchstone. Then the display went on, showed the lock screen for a moment and then Luna crashed.

This afternoon, I wanted to switch on the Pre (not on the Touchstone) and it would not enable the display. I tried several times. After like 5 or 6 times, the display went suddenly on and Luna crashed.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jv30344 View Post
    Usually I charge my phone at night, and it's good for the whole day. Today, I've charged it twice, and made no calls... There is obviously a problem with the battery life with 1.4.
    Is wifi on, try turning wifi off. I have noticed that EVDO drains less battery now and wifi drains more.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jv30344 View Post
    Try shutting down popping the battery out and back in and re-boot.
    Generally when the phone just drains the battery horribly over and
    over, it's due to either a stuck running background process or (and I
    have seen this in the past) some bit of misbehaving hardware.
    Sometimes a simple reboot will fix it, but if you want to be *sure*,
    popping the battery will cover all cases.
    If turning off Wifi reduces you drain rate, then toggle the "Wifi always on"
    setting in the Wifi Sleep settings, to off.

My battery life with 1.4 has been about the same as 1.3.5 which
    means less than 1.5% /hr drain according to Battery Monitor app.

ian
    I discovered something this morning that really makes me disappointed with 1.4 bluetooth headset support. We seem to be losing features. My phone has never been patched and has no homebrew apps on it.

Previous to 1.4 when I had an incoming call on my Pre, I would hear a tone in my bluetooth headset (Aliph Jawbone Prime) and I could answer the call by touching the headset unit - just like every other bluetooth headset on the market. I would also be able to hang up using the headset.

Now, no ring indication through the headset and no ability to answer or terminate calls from the headset. This doesn't work, Palm, please fix it ASAP.
    I'm getting a 10 percent drain or more per hour. 1.4 has been a nightmare so far.

Luna has been crashy, left it overnight and spontaneously restarted Luna. Preware, Doom and Quake all make the Luna funky after they run.

Bluetooth state got messed up, was fine after a restart.

Memory leaking is worse even thought JSTop says there's plenty of memory left, etc...

Not having that much fun with the device after this update. I have minimal patching to this device as well.

Encountered more hard lock ups with the accelerometer and heavy graphics operations. Memory pressure, lock ups, etc...
    Yahoo chat with the regular webos IM app still doesn't allow for login credentials to work. What the hell is up with that ?