Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1902
    Only problems so far, unable to delete text messages. In the create message screen, swipe to delete. It deletes ok, but close the card, open it again and the message is still there! Kind of a minor annoyance! anyone else having this issue?

also, sometimes the phone lags on the lock screen now. wont unlock on 1st or 2nd try. and Sometimes screen doesnt turn on with pwr button or turn off. have to press 2 to 3 times.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rawspot
    The Chase Mobile website (http://www.chase.mobi) no longer works in the browser with 1.4. Just a blank white page. Of course it had to break one of the websites I visit daily.
    Yep, broken on mine also.

Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    Initially there appeared to be some speed increses, but that is gone. Since 1.4 the touchscreen has become almost non-responsive after the screen has been asleep. The upper right corner screen area where you select wireless options (battery icon) is extremely flaky sometimes it works correctly other times not at all, same thing with the main screen icons.

Hopefully these are minor issues that can be fixed by 1.4.1
    You can access those wireless options by pressing any place from the time to the far right corner. I always access my menu by pressing the time...works every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirionir View Post
    After updating to 1.4 the first time my pre kept crashing.....

I ended up doctoring it with the new doctor on the precentral news page. Pre was then reinstated to 1.3 something (not 1.4 which i found odd)

So I ended up downloading 1.4 again and now all my apps have gone - absolutely everything.....

Ive tried to download everything again and I just get the following error

"this app requires 3.47M you must delete some apps or files before you can install it"

there isnt anything on my pre!!! its empty!!!!
    Ok so today before throwing my phone at a wall I decided to see if using the device info reset settings would make any difference...

Turns out it did - i used the delete apps and data restart and then when the pre rebooted put in my palm profile again and everything magically reappeared!! All apps back to normal and now I can download new ones. Hooray!

Hope this helps others with the same issues
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Heres another issue I have been having. Every once in a while I close the email app when I start it back up it asks me to setup an email account. My two accounts I have setup are there and all I have to do is press done, but when the app is closed and if happens to revert back to that setup screen, I don't get email notifications during that time.
    preware will not let me update, remove, or download patches, it keeps saying error: see IPKG log
    any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmkarc View Post
    Yep, broken on mine also.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    m.nbc.com does not work well for me anymore. anybody else having issues? it streams video, but no audio. (and the video quality seems a bit worse, too)
    i immediately went to the pre's audio app and played a song and the audio cut in and out. did a reset and same problem. then i opened the video player and played a video and that fixed the audio in the audio app. youtube vidoes play fine (audio is OK), but still can't get m.nbc.com to play...

Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    There seems to be a bug with 1.4 in Tasks. When you change the due date to a later date, the task stays in its original position when sorted by due date. And that task still shows as due today. But if you close Tasks and open it again, all is right.
    I am unable to reproduce this issue. Can you confirm you are still experiencing this issue. Is it for new tasks or already existing tasks?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    My gosh, if this is the OFFICIAL thread, how is all this information going to be culled and sorted, and is it going to be sent to Palm? Palm has it's own forums too... *shrug*

To the MODS: Has an update in the past had a number of issues specific to carriers? Very few here are saying whose carrier they have, if it matters.

It'd be really nice to be able to collate all this information, otherwise it's going to turn into another rant, and slowly evolve into the 1.4.1 anticipation thread
    Are you volunteering to do it? Remember, the mods are all volunteers.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Try reproducing the camera crashing and then see if your ringtones and alerts work.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I searched to see if anyone was having this issue but found none. Forgive me if has been posted/answered before.

My Video Recorder is having issues keeping my video and audio in sync. At the beginning it starts out just fine, but what happens is the audio runs are the right speed but the video is slow. Its gets worse with the length of the video. Even to the point of the audio playing fully but the video catching up to no audio for like half a minute! Its not fun to say the least lol.

I dont know what the cause of this could be... I do have a 600mhz patch maybe messing with the processor speed has this side effect? I doubt thats it though. And I also have the flash with video recording patch, but no one else has had this issue (as per my search). If anyone has had this issue, how is it fixed? Its not too bad on videos below a minute, but after that it kind of ruins the video!
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    ...Since 1.4 the touchscreen has become almost non-responsive after the screen has been asleep. The upper right corner screen area where you select wireless options (battery icon) is extremely flaky sometimes it works correctly other times not at all, same thing with the main screen icons.
    What I've found is easier is to swipe down from above the upper left or upper right down onto display part of the screen. It works 100% of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Have anyone noticed a bug in google calendar syncing or is just me?

I have scheduled events that are repeated weekly but I've deleated 2 of them, because they don't happen in these 2 particular weeks. In google calendar its fine but when synced to my pre, the delected ones are there! It was all fine with 1.3.5.

I entered events into Google Calendar on my office PC over 2 hours ago and they've not yet synced to my Pre. Prior to 1.4, they would update within 5 minutes. I REALLY hope the sync isn't broken for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    Try reproducing the camera crashing and then see if your ringtones and alerts work.
    Do you have an "easy" way to cause the camera to crash?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roxdawear2003 View Post
    Has anyone found a solution to the lack of browser pages loading or google maps saying I have no internet connection?

Also the lil loading cards thing really seems to slow my phone....

On the plus side (not the pre plus tho...poo) I enjoyed using the video and my phone shuts down mucccch faster.
    Regarding the google maps. Not sure which step forced it to work but when I got the "needs network connection" screen, I tapped on help. Closed that card when it appeared, tapped on the center of the "needs network connection" screen (right on the signal bar graphic) and google maps loaded. Closed it several times and reopened and never got the "needs network connection screen" again. Did this on the EV system with only 3 bars. Not sure if this will work for you are not.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    yes take about 5 or 6 multiple pictures quickly using the spacebar, then open the photo app using the shortcut on the bottom left, open a few photos and then use the back gesture to go back to the camera app. the camera should hang now, and if you try closing and re-opening it it wont load it will freeze on the splash card. I have done it twice already.

and then you will lose your ringtone sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Issues with webOS 1.4? post them here.
    Not a problem, but just noticed with the new webOS 1.4, my aftermarket usb charger no longer works. The OEM stuff works fine.

PS. Isn't the video function cool!!!
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    This morning, I picked up my phone and the music volume started going up and down rapidly by itself. I set the phone back down and it continued, and then the screen went black.

I could not power on or off the device and had to remove the battery and restart that way.

Then, later in the day, I reach in my pocket for my phone, and when I got it out, I noticed the volume for music was going nutso again!

It's also the music/app/game volume, not the ringer volume, which is what goes up and down normally for me when I'm at the card view screen.

What the heck?
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    yes take about 5 or 6 multiple pictures quickly using the spacebar, then open the photo app using the shortcut on the bottom left, open a few photos and then use the back gesture to go back to the camera app. the camera should hang now, and if you try closing and re-opening it it wont load it will freeze on the splash card. I have done it twice already.

and then you will lose your ringtone sounds.
    I've tried this several times and I can't get my camera app to hang/crash?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    this post on the palm forums which i believed you answered is basically what happens to me after the camera crashes.

Can't preview ringtones since webos 1.4 - Palm Support Community