Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4 444950515253545556575859 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwillia85 View Post
    So everytime I try and get onto preware my phone gets stuck and says too many cards up when thats the only card I have it on Sprint
    Uninstall Preware and Patch Manager using WebOS Quick Install, then reinstall them both. Should fix the problem.
    Have anyone noticed a bug in google calendar syncing or is just me?

I have scheduled events that are repeated weekly but I've deleated 2 of them, because they don't happen in these 2 particular weeks. In google calendar its fine but when synced to my pre, the delected ones are there! It was all fine with 1.3.5.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TazzyKC View Post
    @dubmess
    were you able to do this before 1.4 release? During the 1.3.x I couldnt open any 3d games like Sims or Assassins if I already had another card open.
    Being a Euro user I never had access to 3D games before this release.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    Being a Euro user I never had access to 3D games before this release.
    Being a Canadian user, I don't have access to this patch OR 3D games OR any purchasable apps....maybe this month....maybe.....
    Quote Originally Posted by teasers View Post
    Any one had problems with not being able to add a contact?

I do run a stock Pre, not even in developer mode. When I try to add a contact, it says there is an error. If I try again the phone says the contact can't be saved and kicks me back to my contacts screen.

Come one Palm! This is my first Palm device, and I really like it, almost enough to become a loyal user/purchaser... if they can keep it together on this phone.
    Try rebooting to get around this.
    Last edited by some dude; 03/01/2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: to insert the quote, so my reply makes sense
    I am using GSM PRE.after i have updated webos 1.4 whenever i call up some one my screen goes blank.can end d call also but the call is connected!!
    HELP ME!!!
    Last edited by Kriss2k6; 03/01/2010 at 11:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Email Bug..... If you go into your email address and sort by sender and exit when you return none of your emails will display until you type something or charge the sort type!
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    mine updated easily, maybe its jus becasue im so raw
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rawspot View Post
    The Chase Mobile website (http://www.chase.mobi) no longer works in the browser with 1.4. Just a blank white page. Of course it had to break one of the websites I visit daily.
    Yep, broken on mine also.
    I have had the issue with the web browser displaying a white screen and here's what I did to correct the issue.

If you have the Multi-Mod patch installed, uninstall it as it no longer works correctly with 1.4. This should correct your web problem with the white screen. If it does not, uninstall all patches connected to the browser. This is an incompatability issue with the patches for the web browser.

Basically when the blank white page loads up, it's basically hanging when it's loading the website. I'm not sure if it's just that one site that's causing you this grief or not but for me it was any site I loaded on web. The refresh and back buttons would not load and it would just hang. So uninstall those patches, restart luna, and try again. Hope it helps.

So far that is the only major issue I have had since the update. The Flashlight patch would not work anymore. Would show up as ERROR everytime I try to enable it but the myFlashLight! program still works well. As far as the video is concerned it is far from perfect (Precorder was a miracle when it did work abeit it's flaws) so don't expect it to be perfect. It was about time the feature was made available and there's a viewfinder that actually works with it. I'm sure the sync problems will be worked out in future updates as well as the ability to use the LED with the video as that would be a plus.

Occasionally I have had issues with email loading then going back one screen after the email is opened. I removed my addresses, restarted, and resynced my addresses and it worked just fine. I'm thinking the best solution to people having those problems either doctor their pre or pixi and resync everything.

But as far as that I have yet to see anything else a problem. I haven't had time to mess with the calender yet.
    Last edited by angelust48; 03/01/2010 at 12:27 PM.
    My gosh, if this is the OFFICIAL thread, how is all this information going to be culled and sorted, and is it going to be sent to Palm? Palm has it's own forums too... *shrug*

To the MODS: Has an update in the past had a number of issues specific to carriers? Very few here are saying whose carrier they have, if it matters.

It'd be really nice to be able to collate all this information, otherwise it's going to turn into another rant, and slowly evolve into the 1.4.1 anticipation thread
  12. Evansgw
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    Same problem here. The only thing is, when you text someone through google voice and they text you back, it gives you a specific number for that individual. If you call that number, it will call the person who you texted. Each person's is different. So just text everyone from the net, tell them to send you a conformation text, then save those numbers to the contacts and bam, google voice at the touch of a finger! Amazing right? Or did you already know that?

Whenever you wanna text through google voice, just use that specific number that they give you and they will think you are sending or calling from your google voice number!

Hope this can help for the time being. Hoping for a good google voice app soon!
    Yeah, I love that function too.

It makes it so convenient for texting. I SMS my family in the UK and it works, except for my Mum...
    Two annoying issues since updating to 1.4:

- Tapping the loudspeaker button in the phone app will bring up the volume indicator and it will cover the lower half of the buttons for a second or two.

- Replying to sms or I M will randomly add double entry in the chat list, one will appear above the incoming msg and the other below,adding more replies to the list will complicate the list more, duplicates and out of order.

Anyone noticed similar issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by mod80 View Post
    Two annoying issues since updating to 1.4:

- Tapping the loudspeaker button in the phone app will bring up the volume indicator and it will cover the lower half of the buttons for a second or two.

- Replying to sms or I M will randomly add double entry in the chat list, one will appear above the incoming msg and the other below,adding more replies to the list will complicate the list more, duplicates and out of order.

Anyone noticed similar issues?

I've only had the loudspeaker do that to me once but that was only because it was not at full volume when switching between the two. Turn the volume to the max after switching to the speaker. That should correct that problem. 1.4 has two different volume bars for the headset and for the speaker. That's why it would show the volume bar when you turn on speaker, because the volume is low on speaker and needs to be turned up. It will do the same thing in some of the 3D games since they have their own volume settings so you may see the same problem there. It just means the game itself is not at full volume even if the phone volume is.

I've had issues in the past with sms duplicating entries but only when recieving text. Never sending it. I know certain phones and certain carriers have those problems and given the Pre and Pixi are available on Verizon, it could be a small problem. But I haven't seen anything like that since the update. I'm on Sprint now and I haven't seen any issues like that but Verizon may have those problems. I wouldn't know.
    Last edited by angelust48; 03/01/2010 at 01:02 PM.
    I had some issues too I open a the browser then I go to my launcher and when iam on my launcher and on the top it's says web still when am on the launcher and it lags alot slow! I didn't had any issues like this before with 1.3.5 I has anyone had a problem like this? I hope they release a 1.4.1.
    WebOS 1.4 broke my iTunes sync capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamjty421 View Post
    I had some issues too I open a the browser then I go to my launcher and when iam on my launcher and on the top it's says web still when am on the launcher and it lags alot slow! I didn't had any issues like this before with 1.3.5 I has anyone had a problem like this? I hope they release a 1.4.1.
    Have you tried to reset your phone? That may help. Also you may want to look into what patches you have installed. Alot of them either are not supported by 1.4 yet or are not needed as 1.4 has those features. Alot of the patches linked to web are causing alot of issues. You may want to uninstall those in particular.

Multi-Mod in particular is a major problem.

Bear in mind that 1.4 is a major update so alot of things are bound to not work like they did before. So if anyone is having issues with this update should at first look at the patches they currently have installed as removing certain patches will correct most problems, but not all. Resyncing will also help some of these issues. I'm available for troubleshooting if anyone needs any help.
    Last edited by angelust48; 03/01/2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Email Bug..... If you go into your email address and sort by sender and exit when you return none of your emails will display until you type something or charge the sort type!
    I'm having problems replicating this issue, can you confirm this is still an issue. Also have you tried restarting your device. Is it only certain email accounts that are affected?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lbeezy View Post
    My pre keeps giving me an error everytime i try to install keyboard patch. Am I the only 1? Any advise would help this new 1.4 is causing havoc!!!
    you need to use sysfilemanager and go through media/internal and delete the virtual keyboard folder. If you do not have this app, then put ur phone in USB mode and remove the aforementioned folder. the next time you try to install VK it will take a while but it should prompt you for the luna restart. Voila! fixed VK! (at least thats what has worked for me the last two or three time VK has gotten effed up due to either an update or having to doctor the phone)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I delete a txt message it shouldn't be searchable, right??

Let me know if this is happening to you. Delete a txt and then start typing the name of the person you just deleted and see if there txt still appears.

Update: If the same person replies to you after you delete their txt then the old deleted message will not show up anymore.
    Last edited by ookees; 03/01/2010 at 02:04 PM.