Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2 424748495051525354555657 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1902
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This may already have been posted, but 1.4 update corrupts photos that are resized for contacts. It doesn't resize properly. When you zoom in a pic and save it, 1.4 doesn't save it properly. Needs to be fixed. Worked great in 1.3.5
    ACE Solitaire Pack not working after 1.4
    I second that on the contact photo re-size thing.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Anyone having volume problems other than then the volume going up or down?

When I woke up this morning (late) my alarm sound had not gone off, the alarm dismiss/snooze message was on the screen but no sound was coming out of the phone. I went to sound preferences and i tried playing any ringtones and none would play. Rebooted the Pre and working fine now, but I cant trust the pre to be my alarm clock anymore if this is going to randomly happen again.

Alarm worked perfectly before 1.4.

Update: I figured out what causes this. If the camera app crashes it kills alerts and ringtones on the phone. The only way to get those sounds to come back is to do a full restart.
    Last edited by ookees; 03/01/2010 at 02:32 PM.
    new multi mod patch is in prewear. your browser will work now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Yes, day one was great. I wake up this morning and check my mail, click a link and it just sits there. The buttons appear for 1/2 second or so, then vanish and the browser app gives me a blank page. OR I can load the app from the launcher and stare at my bookmarks and type all day long. Nothing

I also seem to notice that apps take a while to load the first time, then successive loads are much faster :-S

My default Launcher pages stay there after a reset! Actually the extra ones I made do too, even when the patches were removed. Yay Palm!
    Has anyone found a solution to the lack of browser pages loading or google maps saying I have no internet connection?

Also the lil loading cards thing really seems to slow my phone....

On the plus side (not the pre plus tho...poo) I enjoyed using the video and my phone shuts down mucccch faster.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post

When I woke up this morning (late) my alarm sound had not gone off, the alarm dismiss/snooze message was on the screen but no sound was coming out of the phone. I went to sound preferences and i tried playing any ringtones and none would play. Rebooted the Pre and working fine now, but I cant trust the pre to be my alarm clock anymore if this is going to randomly happen again.

Stange, I noticed something similar before 1.4.0 and yes, it happens occasionally, making it really hard to rely on it.....but hey, those smartphones were built for entertainment purposes like Flash and shuffling thousands of mp3s, not for such organizer stuff....or maybe...wait....
    @roxdawear2003,
    Do you have the browser multi-mod patch?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2258499
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    after the update..i installed some patches and once I was done my browser wouldn't open. I deleted all of my patches and browser works again. Anyone know which patch or patches are effecting the browser?

Thanks

Primo
    Quote Originally Posted by timthecrab View Post
    new multi mod patch is in prewear. your browser will work now!!!
    I think it's actually just been correctly converted to a placeholder. That will keep it from borking your browser, but it won't give you the functionality that the original patch provided.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm still getting the 'too many cards open' message when I try to open even 2 cards. Was loading Preware and tried to open Sims3 but no luck. I have already doctored my Pre once since installing 1.4...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    And now my phone just rebooted for no reason... this is pathetic...

I had that problem before I updated. Just install 'timepiece'. It is more reliable, and has many more options too.
    Quote Originally Posted by primo523 View Post
    after the update..i installed some patches and once I was done my browser wouldn't open. I deleted all of my patches and browser works again. Anyone know which patch or patches are effecting the browser?

Thanks

Primo
    Multi mod patch.
    thxs
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    has anyone noticed a problem with email, sometime if i close the email app and i launch it again it shows the email account setup, it has both my accounts in there and when i click done it goes back to normal, but in that time period of the email app being closed, no email notifications come through.

My volume button has gone crazy. Volume going up and down on its own. I cant even play games because the volume bar keeps popping up. Phone calls go silent in the midle of the calls. People can hear me, but I have to hit the volume key to hear them again. It seams like a hardware issue, but it never happen untill I installed 1.4
    Ran into a small issue with the 1.4 update. I could not restore my e-mail signatures for my Exchange account. It was driving me nuts. I had my business info followed by the "-- Sent from blah blah blah". It would not let me change it until i deleted the first dash, now it saves it just fine. And before anyone asks, I spent several hours trying, even restarting the thing, and whenever I would change my signature and return to the e-mail app, going back to the Preferences would show the default e-mail signature until I deleted the leading dash.

Weird? Perhaps, but it seems to have worked.
    I am having problems with Bluetooth connectivity to my car with 1.4.

My attempt to upgrade to 1.4 resulted in a massively unstable phone, so I ended up Doctoring a fresh 1.4. I've readded homebrew apps, but applied no patches yet.

When I first got the Pre last summer, I could use the car as a hands-free device and initiate a manually dialed number from the car (2007 BMW iDrive interface), but no phonebook or call history---the phone book menu would come up, but had no entries. With 1.3.5, phone book syncing and call history started working.

Now with 1.4, the pairing seems to work (Pre says it is connected and shows an active Bluetooth pairing), and if I initiate a call from the Pre it goes to the car's sound system. However, I get no connection icon or signal meter on the iDrive display, and the Communications menu doesn't even give me a blank phone book---rather, it tells me to go to the Settings menu to pair the phone.

Anyone else having related issues?

UPDATE
    Definitely not just me... It's on Palm Forums as well: WebOS-1-4-kills-Bluetooth-on-BMWs. I'd link, but, well, I am not special enough yet.
    Last edited by kazzaerexys; 03/01/2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added link.
    I have the headphone mode issue now. and it won't go away... even with pushing the Pre's earphone jack in and out like with the last issue.

this time the volume moves up and down on it's own and it's stuck almost all the time in headphone mode