Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1902
    m.nbc.com does not work well for me anymore. anybody else having issues? it streams video, but no audio. (and the video quality seems a bit worse, too)
    i immediately went to the pre's audio app and played a song and the audio cut in and out. did a reset and same problem. then i opened the video player and played a video and that fixed the audio in the audio app. youtube vidoes play fine (audio is OK), but still can't get m.nbc.com to play...
    also when i try to unlock it and slide the lock icon it wont move until a couple of tries. browsing the web may be a tad faster cant really tell but when scrolling though a page that has already finished loading theres some lag i just hate the LAG! lol
    I dont know if his question have asked before, but does the new update support any other video format apart from .MP4
    Well whattaya know...

webOS doctor fixed my problem...hence the name "doctor"....nice
    The PDF issue is horrendous, I am having to use the doc reader, and that crashes if you have a large file
    Absolutely mental Depeche Mode fan since 1988, iPhone themer, app UI design, PM me for anything graphics-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    Shared google calendar events not showing up in any calendar view after updating to 1.4. Anyone else having this issue? I've searched this thread and the forums and not seeing it anywhere.

To be clear, my Exchange calendar and my main google calendar shows up, but my wife's shared calendar, US Holidays, Contact birthdays and other shared calendars (I have a ton of 'em!) aren't showing up in any of the daily/weekly/monthly views. When I go to display options, I can select colors for each of them, but they just don't show up. I've switch them on/off several times trying to get it to work, but still nothing...
    Doctored my phone last night. Still no shared calendars.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I deleted the iPhone Themer I had before trying to DL the 1.4 update on my Pixi.
    I started it at 3am to avoid any OTA traffic. The DL went fairly quick as well as the validation process, about 35 mins total but upon the self reboot process, my Pixi now just stays hung on the "PALM" welcome screen. No glow, nothing....FOR 2HRS! I removed battery, waited 5 mins and still same problem. Phone is COMPLETELY frozen. Been at this for 3.5hrs. Doctor time or no? Someone....ANYONE....help!

****UPDATE****

I can't even run Doctor! Phone STILL frozen at PALM screen and computer doesnt even recognize it's connected.
    PLEASE........HELP!!!!!!
    Last edited by dvargas72; 03/01/2010 at 06:59 AM.
    well i didn't update my patches or uninstall my themes before updating and when it finished restarting all my patches and theme was gone but still installed on my phone. I proceeded to uninstall and now i can't install them.
    i get a message about the "ipkg file" being courpt or something like that.

HELP
    I believe u have to reinstall the driver. you can get it off of the webOS quickinstall. once that is open going into options and install the Novacom driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvargas72 View Post
    I deleted the iPhone Themer I had before trying to DL the 1.4 update on my Pixi.
    I started it at 3am to avoid any OTA traffic. The DL went fairly quick as well as the validation process, about 35 mins total but upon the self reboot process, my Pixi now just stays hung on the "PALM" welcome screen. No glow, nothing....FOR 2HRS! I removed battery, waited 5 mins and still same problem. Phone is COMPLETELY frozen. Been at this for 3.5hrs. Doctor time or no? Someone....ANYONE....help!

****UPDATE****

I can't even run Doctor! Phone STILL frozen at PALM screen and computer doesnt even recognize it's connected.
    PLEASE........HELP!!!!!!
    I believe u have to reinstall the driver. you can get it off of the webOS quickinstall. once that is open going into options and install the Novacom driver.
    .3g2 works, haven't tried any others.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, no go still. Opened WOS QI and REINSTALLED Novacom Driver and nothing. I don't even get the JustCharge/USB mode option anymore when I plug into my laptop even though my computer makes the notification sound that a USB connection was made.
    Initially there appeared to be some speed increses, but that is gone. Since 1.4 the touchscreen has become almost non-responsive after the screen has been asleep. The upper right corner screen area where you select wireless options (battery icon) is extremely flaky sometimes it works correctly other times not at all, same thing with the main screen icons.

Hopefully these are minor issues that can be fixed by 1.4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sKor_Pre View Post
    my browser wont load a single page after various attempts to fix it. this is stupid
    Yes, day one was great. I wake up this morning and check my mail, click a link and it just sits there. The buttons appear for 1/2 second or so, then vanish and the browser app gives me a blank page. OR I can load the app from the launcher and stare at my bookmarks and type all day long. Nothing

I also seem to notice that apps take a while to load the first time, then successive loads are much faster :-S

My default Launcher pages stay there after a reset! Actually the extra ones I made do too, even when the patches were removed. Yay Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by lbeezy View Post
    My pre keeps giving me an error everytime i try to install keyboard patch. Am I the only 1? Any advise would help this new 1.4 is causing havoc!!!
    Which keyboard patch are you referring to? Is this the Virtual keyboard or is there a Verizon fix?
    Unfortunately, no go still. Opened WOS QI and REINSTALLED Novacom Driver and nothing. I don't even get the JustCharge/USB mode option anymore when I plug into my laptop even though my computer makes the notification sound that a USB connection was made.
    Give this a try if you haven't already:

1 - Pull the battery. Replace the battery.
    2 - Connect USB cable directly to a port on the PC, NOT through a USB hub, port on your monitor, etc.
    3 - Hold the volume up button while plugging the other end of the USB cable into your phone.
    4 - Run WebOS Doctor.

That usually does the trick for me.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Been doing this on update screen for weeks.

Trying full erase.

Wish I didn't have to lose every game save!!

Anyone else having this issue?
    You don't have to lose every game saved. If you copy the game directory to
    /media/internal, then you can back that up on your computer. Afterward you can move it back to the original directory.

I've done that several times and all my games stay saved.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

if its still stuck on the palm screen hold the orange button sym button and r to reboot it or orange sym u to put it in usb mode. Hope it helps!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    i'm really hoping there is a 1.4.1 round the corner any day, 1.4 has caused more problems than its worth, wishing I didnt upgrade now.

1. Pulsating loading thing is just annoying and i swear it makes things slower, i mean the calculator used to be instant, now look at it. Please someone put together a patch to stop the pulsing.

2. Google Maps doesnt work at all anymore unless I'm on a wifi connection, anything less and it tells me I dont have a net connection, even with max 3G and other apps being able to access the net just fine.

3. Silent mode doesnt work! Clicking the switch over to silent still allows apps to make a sound. mRacing for example plays that annoying intro tune even on silent, never did that before.

4. Randomly, my facebook app icon has also now dissapeared and im left with just a sqaure grey border.

Numerous random hangs too, worst was the phone app, just wanted to call someone and i was left at the pulsating screen for over a minute before i decieded to pull the battery. i'm all up for a phone that can do lots of things and have lots of apps, but if i cant call someone then something is wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by timmo1 View Post
    yeah, no kidding. i was hoping that meant some of those (like landscape email) were enabled in the update but, no-go.
    You do realize that all these patches are developed and maintained by volunteers in whatever spare time they have. Give it a rest. The updated patches will show up soon enough.