Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPrePitStop View Post
    anybody have any inside info on when adobe is coming out
    I didn't know adobe was gay.
    After installing the 1.4 update, things were smooth. But then I restarted my phone and have started noticing some problems.

First, the battery seems to be draining faster than before with the same settings.

Second, even though I have new text messages set to give a sound alert (one of the new short ringers), it's not making the sound anymore.

If anyone else has experienced this, also, I'd be curious to know and also how and if the problem eventually resolved itself.

Thanks!
    I just noticed i can't stream mp3s from my website anymore...says "Error__There was an error playing the file"
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not: Twitter / WebOS Internals: webOS UI dying when you un ... I'm sure more updates will come out as the week goes on that will hopefully alleviate some of this stuff.
    Nice catch on that link. That seems like it just might be the problem. At first I assumed it was because I didn't remove my patches before upgrading, and instead relied on Preware AUPT. But after I did a Full Erase and 1.4 Doctor on the other phone, it was pretty obviously a bug. Come on 1.4.1...
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    I just noticed i can't stream mp3s from my website anymore...says "Error__There was an error playing the file"
    I noticed this too but I never tried to stream an MP3 from a website before 1.4 so I wasn't sure if this was a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that when the phone vibrates for an alert (such as a text message or IM) it vibrates for a much shorter period of time then it did with 1.3.5.1. I find it very easy to miss texts with 1.4 when my phone is silenced in my pocket.
    There are patches that will extend the vibrate time.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2161988
    My battery is draining at a much faster rate than normal, which was improved with 1.3.5.1. I actually was getting used to the improvement the last update provided, but now it seems to be back right where it started when the Pre first came out. I made all the configurations necessary to prolong the battery life, but it still seems to be decreasing at the same rate. This is very unfortunate as it overshadows all of the great improvements that came with webOS 1.4. In my eyes, you can't fully enjoy all of the great features of this phone as long as the battery drains like it currently does. Maybe Palm will release a patch for 1.4 like they did with 1.3? Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I do not want to start another thread, so I will post it here:

I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue.

I seem to be missing an icon in the top bar on the right hand side.

There is some space between the battery icon and the 5 bar signal strength.

See attached screenshot!

Thanks!

Rob
    You don't have icon coz u are using wifi, turn off wifi and the icon will show
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    There are patches that will extend the vibrate time.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2161988
    I don't feel like patching up my phone though (at least not yet). I don't feel like dealing with all the issues that turn up with every update.
    so I don't know if it's been mentioned or not... But there's something up with my lock screen. If my phones goes to sleep and resumes the yellow lock icon appear at the botton but the rest of the page is whatever card I may have had open. Usually when I resume and it comes back from sleep I see my wallpaper kinda grayed out then the yellow lock icon that says slide to unlock. Anyone run into the same problem?

also after 1.4 I noticed my phone seems a lot slower, like apps open much slower and I am stuck watching the flashing icon. What can I do to solve this?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchyburger View Post
    so I don't know if it's been mentioned or not... But there's something up with my lock screen. If my phones goes to sleep and resumes the yellow lock icon appear at the botton but the rest of the page is whatever card I may have had open. Usually when I resume and it comes back from sleep I see my wallpaper kinda grayed out then the yellow lock icon that says slide to unlock. Anyone run into the same problem?

also after 1.4 I noticed my phone seems a lot slower, like apps open much slower and I am stuck watching the flashing icon. What can I do to solve this?
    Try disabling your themes and patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    I don't feel like patching up my phone though (at least not yet). I don't feel like dealing with all the issues that turn up with every update.
    I know you can't tell by this thread but there were many of us with patched phones who updated without any problems. I just followed the instructions.
    It Just Takes a Heck of a Long Time & If You Just Sit With it~
    It Will Take Care of its Own Process~
    This Particular Update, is "The" Most Comprehensive & Addresses, Multiple issues, Bug Fixes & Domain Improvements that Will Be So, Deep into the Internal Mechanisms of the Phone, it will Take a Week or Two, to See The Integration of the Complete Process & By That Time, We May Have The Plugin, To Flash 10+
    So, Hang in there Folks & You Will Be Amazed Before We Are Even, Half Way There...
    Respectfully~The Zenn~Coach
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    why am i stuck on the palm boot logo with no pulse shud i take battery out?
    I am stuck with the same problem. But for me its been over 1 hr. After that I removed the battery waited a few seconds and then replaced it... STILL NOTHING.....I have no clue what to do... anyone have any ideas... Its been over 4 hrs... since my last battery removal and replacement.

Since its in the PALM logo screen I cant even access the USB mode to Dr it or anything. What can / should I do.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I had most of these problems listed in this thread. The only thing that fixed my phone was doctoring it back to 1.3.5.1, then I updated to 1.4. Now it runs smooth, the battery drain issue is resolved, and the bugs I originally noticed are gone.
    if it's stuck without a pulsing Palm logo, do orangekey+Sym+R to do a reset.
    my phone is super laggy and buggy since my update. It will freeze for about 30 sec randomely. 3he latest that it just did is after pressing power to wake it up it's on the main screen with the ball covering the launcher. No faded screen or anything. I haven't doctored yet and I did remove all my patche before 1.4.webos has always been a little laggy for me but not to the point that it bothers me. But I do notice that the new card system makes me feel like it takes LONGER for apps to load. Oh well. I do still love webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by clsiburt View Post
    Having the same issue on 2 separate phones here. One I doctored and the other was a simple upgrade. Both keep freezing when the screen goes off, and rebooting.

Don't know if it's one of my patches or if it's 1.4. Anyone else got some ideas?
    I have two phones, one patched and one stock. Only mine seems to have this problem where it randomly does not want to unlock, or takes about half a minute too.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post
    I am stuck with the same problem. But for me its been over 1 hr. After that I removed the battery waited a few seconds and then replaced it... STILL NOTHING.....I have no clue what to do... anyone have any ideas... Its been over 4 hrs... since my last battery removal and replacement.

Since its in the PALM logo screen I cant even access the USB mode to Dr it or anything. What can / should I do.

Thanks in advance!
    I had the same problem. I followed instructions I found on webos internals and I got the computer to recognize it. (I think it was up volume and power button) Then I doctored with 1.4 and everything is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I do not want to start another thread, so I will post it here:

I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue.

I seem to be missing an icon in the top bar on the right hand side.

There is some space between the battery icon and the 5 bar signal strength.

See attached screenshot!

Thanks!

Rob
    Did you have the "mute" icon patch installed? If so uninstall it.