Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 56 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Iphone spoof freezes phone...wont reboot stuck on palm screen
    Anyone able to make People app work in 1.4? I can't, even deleted and reinstalled, still just hangs on the splash screen..
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aric47g View Post

so yesterday i knew 1.4 was comin around the corner so i removed my theme and just to be sure went ahead and uninstalled my patches individualy and just for safe measure ran epr. i was up when it hit and started the download and went to bed, woke up and installed it, everything seems to be working fine but i do have one issue; i now have duplicate contacts for all my palm profile contacts, contacts that were synched thru google, yahoo, and facbook are not having this issue (thats all i use too, no exchange or outllook) if i try to access the first dublicate for any of the affected contacts it begins to switch to the next screen where it would display all their info but then immediatly backs out back to the full contact list. it will not let me erase them nor link them to any contact.

any one else? solutions?
    still having this issue, and would really like to resolve without webos doc
    I am having an issue with preware. Phone gets stuck on downloading feeds. Freezes up and then gives an error saying one off two things. First one is too many cards open (this is the only card open) and the second one says something about not having enough mem. Everything else seems ok. Earlier was able to update my 4x4 icon patch. Since then it keeps freezing. Any ideas?
    I'm also having problems with images loading or rendering. Images seem to load but all i get is a blank white page if it opens in a new card, or empty image holder if its on the page. Is this a problem with larger resolution images or what? This is getting very frustrating. This is nearly half the images I browse to.
    Phone freezes after I turn off screen. Just happened randomly twice in the past few hours. Can't turn the screen back on anyway, first time was able to restart by holding power button, second time had to remove battery.

Also, seems to be some extreme battery leak issues over here. I haven't tested it and I was using it pretty heavily, but I dont remember it ever being this bad.

A bit disappointed with the update overall, but it is only the first full day I've been using it since it took a good 6 hours to charge for some reason last night after I updated. I'll give it a week, but so far it seems this update has utterly ruined my phone and I'm not sure how I would go about getting a replacement phone to see if that's the issue since its hard to show some of these problems to a tech.
    After updating to 1.4 the first time my pre kept crashing.....

I ended up doctoring it with the new doctor on the precentral news page. Pre was then reinstated to 1.3 something (not 1.4 which i found odd)

So I ended up downloading 1.4 again and now all my apps have gone - absolutely everything.....

Ive tried to download everything again and I just get the following error

"this app requires 3.47M you must delete some apps or files before you can install it"

there isnt anything on my pre!!! its empty!!!!
    I'm just bummed that my phone's so laggy now. I have no patches at all, it's stock with some apps, 6.3 gigs available. I've reset 3 times..just hoping it frees up but no luck. My email signature disappears everytime I go to email prefs, so I've stopped messing with notifications for my incoming mail. Love the new camcorder but while playing back it's laggy to!
    I guess I should be happy that my Pre just sits there looking for updates with the "checking for updates" message and spinning wheel.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Phone freezes after I turn off screen. Just happened randomly twice in the past few hours. Can't turn the screen back on anyway, first time was able to restart by holding power button, second time had to remove battery.

Having the same issue on 2 separate phones here. One I doctored and the other was a simple upgrade. Both keep freezing when the screen goes off, and rebooting.

Don't know if it's one of my patches or if it's 1.4. Anyone else got some ideas?
    I just updated my pre with 1.04 update and my phone bricked!!!! the only way I could get it to unbrick was to pull the battery and let it resart. Then it ran well untill I tried to download from preware and bricked again except this time the only way to unbrick it was to remove preware app and finally had to run OS DOctor to wipe my phone, got the phone to come back up reinstalled the 1.04 update. now when I try to redownload the preware and package manager from WebOSQuickinstall phone keeps saying "memory critcal to many cards open" and then right into brick mode. Only way to bring it back is to pull battery and restart the phone. Does anyone know how to fix this???? Just want my old phone (hate the themes on the palm want my preware theme back)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirionir View Post
    After updating to 1.4 the first time my pre kept crashing.....

I ended up doctoring it with the new doctor on the precentral news page. Pre was then reinstated to 1.3 something (not 1.4 which i found odd)

So I ended up downloading 1.4 again and now all my apps have gone - absolutely everything.....

Ive tried to download everything again and I just get the following error

"this app requires 3.47M you must delete some apps or files before you can install it"

there isnt anything on my pre!!! its empty!!!!
    I have the same problem. I can't get the 1.4 doctor to work. I have twice gone back to 1.3.1.5 and my apps are there. As soon as I upgrade to 1.4 I lose all the apps. I receive the same error trying to get new apps. I thinks my phone is out of space even tho I have nothing on it. Any Ideas?
    happened to me as well..on top of that after resetting my phone after using webos doctor..i can now use my internet but all of my apps are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsamsel View Post
    I have the same problem. I can't get the 1.4 doctor to work. I have twice gone back to 1.3.1.5 and my apps are there. As soon as I upgrade to 1.4 I lose all the apps. I receive the same error trying to get new apps. I thinks my phone is out of space even tho I have nothing on it. Any Ideas?
    At least im not going mad.... I have no idea what to do - if I should just doctor it back to 1.3.... or just leave it but I need to be able to download the apps again really!!

Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    nothing and when I try to load the precentral app it goes to a blank white page without any refreash button.Can anyone help??
    I had the same problem, I had to unistall all my patches related to my browser, after that I rebboted and everything was fine (at least browser related) iam having lots of problems with everything else
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseQ View Post
    My Pre has been stcu in unpacking for 25mins. Its about half way through the progress bar and seems to be stuck? Anyone else have this issue?

How long did your install take?

Just keep waiting?
    I just kept it plugged in and went to bed. It was fine this morning!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirionir View Post
    At least im not going mad.... I have no idea what to do - if I should just doctor it back to 1.3.... or just leave it but I need to be able to download the apps again really!!

I am at a loss as well. I'm hoping for suggestions from someone on this thread. I might try going directly to 1.4 from the dr. but I can't get that to work.
    how we can resize a video, cuz with the 1.4 update is only a 6.42M ????????
    Quote Originally Posted by clsiburt View Post
    Having the same issue on 2 separate phones here. One I doctored and the other was a simple upgrade. Both keep freezing when the screen goes off, and rebooting.

Don't know if it's one of my patches or if it's 1.4. Anyone else got some ideas?
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not: Twitter / WebOS Internals: webOS UI dying when you un ... I'm sure more updates will come out as the week goes on that will hopefully alleviate some of this stuff.
    mean that we only could send 40 seconds....