Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    the verizon 'can't get a gps fix' bug is unfixed
    Ok after reading all 48 pages of this thread, I found only one other entry about this problem. When I set the pre on the touchstone, I get the standby ball and the screen stays active. It doesn't go black and display the time. A restart solved the problem, but few hours later came back. Restarted again, fine again. Anyone else having this problem? Know the cause?
    i have the crazy volume issue and nothing i have tried fixed it

my phone worked completely fine till the 1.4 upgrade
    touchstone issue - not here - mine shows time and ball everytime and stays that way till I pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliaselchore View Post
    after the update my internet didnt work (network and over wifi) and alot of error instalations on patches. and i notice that my screen blinked a couple of time wile unpacking the update and just as the home screen started with a message saying" update fail to install" but i saw the new camera icon and i saw in device info i had 1.4. everything seems to work now but my internet. is so weird cus im still getting emails and my feeds are updating

HELP!!
    im gana doctored and see what hapens
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Just checked on mine. Working fine.
    I'm using the hold the power button method to enable airplane mode because I have the device menu remix patch that gets rid of the airplane mode selector. worked fine before 1.4, but not now. When I select Airplane mode now (btw, it doesn't say it's activating when you're using hold the power button method), it blinks, but when I go to it again with the power button, it shows the icon to turn off airplane mode, even though it's not working. The device menu remix is the updated patch for 1.4, so that shouldn't be the problem, but I'll try uninstalling it to see if it works. Hope this makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    I'm using the hold the power button method to enable airplane mode because I have the device menu remix patch that gets rid of the airplane mode selector. worked fine before 1.4, but not now. When I select Airplane mode now (btw, it doesn't say it's activating when you're using hold the power button method), it blinks, but when I go to it again with the power button, it shows the icon to turn off airplane mode, even though it's not working. The device menu remix is the updated patch for 1.4, so that shouldn't be the problem, but I'll try uninstalling it to see if it works. Hope this makes sense.
    Just checked and same thing here I have the device menu remix patch and the Advanced Rest Options patch - I can not get Airplane Mode to work.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hmm, just discovered my Exchange account won't sync now. It has worked fine every webos update since release day even with all the changes they made but now it won't sync at all. Anyone else with Exchange issues post 1.4?

Update: weird, the plot thickens. My Gmail account has been syncing new emails just fine but I just tried to reply to an email and send from Gmail and it gives an error sending. Is there email issues all around in 1.4?
    I had the same problem adn found my passowrd for just outgoing mail had been deleted. I updated all of my password info for outgoing mail and seems to be working now.
    AAAAAH!!! I messed up. Removed all patches but forgot to remove my theme. My pre is working...sort of, but it's definitely not as it should be andi can't open preware to try and fix it. Anyone know what else I might be able to do aside from running the doctor tool? If I do decide to run the 1.4 doctor, what do I need to back up?
    Quote Originally Posted by srhummer View Post
    Just checked and same thing here I have the device menu remix patch and the Advanced Rest Options patch - I can not get Airplane Mode to work.
    Ok, at least I'm not the only one. Just removed device menu megamix. Airplane mode from the normal device menu works fine now. I think there's a problem with the power button hold airplane mode. Just noticed it has an information symbol next to it just like the music sync icon that doesn't work anymore when you plug in with usb power. Probably related to that.
    Last edited by Airwolf79; 02/28/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    @trim81 I tried signing on with wifi off. Still no luck.
    Thanks srhummer, saw a guy somewhere on page 25 or so of this thread who had the problem, his was resolved after reset. Mine seems to be working fine for now (after another reset) Maybe just a hiccup after the install. (pre gremlins?)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyorke View Post
    I had the same problem adn found my passowrd for just outgoing mail had been deleted. I updated all of my password info for outgoing mail and seems to be working now.
    Thanks, my email is working perfectly now for both gmail and exchange.
    Im having problems playing previously saved videos from youtube. Anyone else has the same problem?
    dont have any utube vids saved but all of my mp4 - dvd movies are playing fine.
    V.1.4 loaded flawlessly but my touchscreen has issues. Occasionally it does not respond to input, either to choose an app icon or select items within an app. I have never had any issues with my Pre before this. Removing the battery did not help. Anyone else seen this?
    Visor->650->Pre
    I cant go to any webpages at all.When I try to go toa webpage it does nothing and when I try to load the precentral app it goes to a blank white page without any refreash button.Can anyone help??
    Having many weird problems and resets. I think part of the problem is that some of the 3rd party software needs updates still. For example every time I use Slacker Radio, I seem to have a problem, with either the slacker app glitching (especially if I pause it) or a reset.

For the most part VERY happy with WebOS 1.4 update, seems to have many speed improvements and other features, but before my Pre was VERY stable were as now its not. Also the power consumption in some cases seems better, for example it works better on the touchstone in my car (before I would disconnect/reconnect for a fraction of a second when hitting brakes), but in normal use it seems to be draining faster. What are others view of stability and battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic220 View Post
    Ok after reading all 48 pages of this thread, I found only one other entry about this problem. When I set the pre on the touchstone, I get the standby ball and the screen stays active. It doesn't go black and display the time. A restart solved the problem, but few hours later came back. Restarted again, fine again. Anyone else having this problem? Know the cause?
    I had the same issue, restarted have not seen it again. I read else where people had the same problem. One of them mentioned it was a theme causing the issue, once his theme was updated it worked fine.

I do have a theme on mine also, so that is possible.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    I get a weird bug (I think):

If I half-open the slider (enough to turn on the screen), I get a flat speaker like icon. This icon has volume settings that fluctuate from full to half full based on if I move the slider up/down enough to make noise.

Is this a mic sound level adjuster?
    I got the same problem. It's on and off though. Have you found a solution to this?