Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
    Thanks. Will try.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hmm, just discovered my Exchange account won't sync now. It has worked fine every webos update since release day even with all the changes they made but now it won't sync at all. Anyone else with Exchange issues post 1.4?

Update: weird, the plot thickens. My Gmail account has been syncing new emails just fine but I just tried to reply to an email and send from Gmail and it gives an error sending. Is there email issues all around in 1.4?
    Maybe our problems are related? (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2266008) Could you check the logfile on your Pre if you are getting the same error message?
    I have a few general complaints about 1.4:
    -Wayy back when 1.2 or 1.3 (I don't remember which) was updated, they dramatically increased the speed of the camera and photos apps. That has been more than negated in this update; IF the camera will even initialize, it takes at least 10 seconds now. It renders the camera/video functions almost useless.
    -Switching between apps has slowed down immensely. Often when I press the center button (Sprint Pre) to go to card view, the little thing in the upper left corner that says "Sprint" or "whatever app youre in" will just disappear or get stuck on whatever app I was in. It takes about 10 seconds to go away.
    -Answering and hanging up phone calls takes considerably longer. 1.3.5 seemed to fix this issue for me, but it has since returned in full force with 1.4. Usually I'll slide the lock up to answer and then have to wait a second or two for it to stop ringing so I don't go deaf when I put it up to my ear.

Do you think this could be caused by patches? I have made the mistake of forgetting to remove patches before major updates before and usually would just wipe the phone clean, but supposedly the most recent update to patches made it no longer necessary to remove them.

Other than this, I'm generally fairly satisfied with 1.4. On the flip side, I was pretty happy with 1.3.5, considering my phone worked then.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    the roam only application button opens up as a card now instead of just switching to roam in the background like always
    Update: weird, the plot thickens. My Gmail account has been syncing new emails just fine but I just tried to reply to an email and send from Gmail and it gives an error sending. Is there email issues all around in 1.4?
    No problem here, just sent a test email from my PC to my Gmail account. Received it on my Pre (2 blink LED notification) - replied to the email from my Pre and it sent without any problem. Received the reply on my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by eXPerience333 View Post
    hey, i had this same problem, and i unisntalled all browser patches and its working again,
    it worked, it was the multi mod patch that caused this.,
    Sometimes when I'm on a call and I need to press a button (say "7" to erase in voicemail) or end the call, it does not react to my press for about 5 seconds! This NEVER happened in 1.3.5. Anyone else getting this?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    After installing WebOS 1.4, preware no longer worked, and stalled up my phone. I kept getting an error message that said "Too Many Cards, memory at critical condition." This never changed, even after multiple restarts and battery pulls. I used WebOS 1.4 Doctor, and everything is fine again. Too bad I called Asurion. They are now sending me a BRAND NEW replacement device. Definitely have no complaints, since I accidentally scratched my phone this morning when I swiped it with the USB cable when bringing it onto the bed, lol. But WebOS 1.4 is def great though, the transitions are more smooth, and everything works faster. Just not fully compatible with Preware I would say.
    Palm Pre Owner|Sprint Everything Data + Corporate Discount + Perks Galore....
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I am getting the same bug that many others have reported. The volume display switches between the speaker and musical notes and the volume setting randomly changes.

Sprint Pre - no mods.
    Re: Web Browser Stopped Working
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    I don't use patches and I'm having this same issue.

This is a huge problem.
    Yup, same problem here. Everything was working fine for about 12 hours, then the web browser stopped working. I did a full erase, didnt fix it. I did a WebOS doctor back to 1.3.5, then upgraded to 1.4, still didnt fix it. Then about 5 minutes later, it started working again. I had patches installed on my original setup. This time around, I didnt install any patches...
    Last edited by teamlouish; 02/28/2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added description
    I can't get it to install at all - it fails validation every time. I have tried probably 20 times.

I may try WebOSDoctor.

t
    Anyone else having issues with the Photos app? I suddenly have 3 times as many folders show up. It displays all folders with images also from apps like Visual Boy Advance that it didn't before I updated to 1.4. Any way to switch this off?

I also had several resets since updating. Especially after running Preware and leaving it open for a while, or downloading podcasts with DrPodder.
    Maybe I should also go see the doctor...
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I'm having an issue with copying web pictures to my photos folder. When I save photos to the phone I receive a message telling me the pic was saved to the phone; but the pic is not in my folder...
    "Birds of the same feather flock together--congested on a majestic street corner." --vast aire
    Quote Originally Posted by illiniah View Post
    I am getting the same bug that many others have reported. The volume display switches between the speaker and musical notes and the volume setting randomly changes.

Sprint Pre - no mods.
    Same here. Happened without any patches installed but I have added patches and still experiencing this odd issue.
  15. JTC
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Okay, so I take a video. I trim and email it. Later, I go back to the video and there's no thumbnail. I hit the play button and wait. I get an error message. I close and re-open the video app and still no thumbnail. Same results. I restart the phone, open the video app and THE VIDEO IS COMPLETELY GONE.

Bone stock Pre on Sprint.

I'M P!SSED. FIX THIS SH!T.

My other Pre won't even download 1.4... smh
    Airplane mode not working on my phone. Anyone else?
  17. Evansgw
    I had the same issue earlier today. A restart seemed to fix the problem, but never had an issue with email under the old version. Annoying.

Hmm, just discovered my Exchange account won't sync now. It has worked fine every webos update since release day even with all the changes they made but now it won't sync at all. Anyone else with Exchange issues post 1.4?

after the update my internet didnt work (network and over wifi) and alot of error instalations on patches. and i notice that my screen blinked a couple of time wile unpacking the update and just as the home screen started with a message saying" update fail to install" but i saw the new camera icon and i saw in device info i had 1.4. everything seems to work now but my internet. is so weird cus im still getting emails and my feeds are updating

HELP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    Airplane mode not working on my phone. Anyone else?
    Just checked on mine. Working fine.
    Aaron, that worked! Actually I needed to reload Multimod since when I did the full erase it did not show up when I ran Preware under patches. So I reloaded it, then ran Emergency Patch Revovery. That did the trick. Web Browser started working again. Thanks so much for the tip. Appreciate your help. And yes, should look over the entire thread (sorry you had to repeat earlier advice) but guess I am just too lazy to read 47 pages start to finish. Must be my age! Cheers! Steve