Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 53 93 ... LastLast
    Okay, so having read through some more posts i am uninstalling the "Multi Mod" patch, that seems to be the issue with the web browser. lets hope it works =)
    i have not had many issues since the update, however it didnt seem the auto patching worked right, for instance some patches that had a place holder in preware, i found in preware so what was the need for the place holder? It seems sometimes when i install something from the app cat, my pre freezes, same thing sometimes when i update preware feeds..oh and the too many cards thing is now haunting me when nothing is open, i am happy with the speed of 1.4 but i hope these issues are addressed!
    Last edited by mikerosa650; 02/28/2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: maybe someone from webos internals can tell me why everytime i upload feeds preware freezes and so does my pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by paliotte View Post
    My web browser is not working, I click on my bookmarks and nothing loads. I type a website, and it takes me to a blank page.
    hey, i had this same problem, and i unisntalled all browser patches and its working again,
    It seems to be the "Multi Mod" patch that is causing the Browser to not work. try uninstalling that and you should be fine. too bad too, seemed like a good patch... Perhaps it can be fixed??
    Quote Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
    Okay, so having read through some more posts i am uninstalling the "Multi Mod" patch, that seems to be the issue with the web browser. lets hope it works =)
    I removed the Multi Mod patch and it DID fix the web browser problem. Thanks for ALL OF YOU who posted the solution in spite of the fact that many did not search to find it...

I really am learning to use the SEARCH feature on here! :-)

This 1.4 update is pretty zippy on my pre...I love it so far. Update went seamless and all my patches seemed to update properly....lookin' good Palm...lookin' good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoc View Post
    I noticed this too.. But I was pleased to notice that the amount of memory being used was roughly half of what I'm used to seeing it be using 1.3.5.1...

Same issue, JSTOP displays what used to be columns in individual rows.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Is there any fix for the video recording stopping when you receive a notification?
    yep, Multipatch was the problem, this should be taken out of Preware ASAP until its fixed. Unless u read this thread how would anyone know?
    Removed Multi Mod and I'm back up!!!!
    Odd screen lock issue:

when I press the power button, don't see the normal lock screen. Instead I see the regular screen (my desktop and launcher) but with the lock icon covering the middle icon in the dock. I can drag it up and unlock, but it's just odd. I have no theme installed before or after the OS update.
    yep can't turn Mobile Hot Spot, On/Off slider will not function, app responds because I can change the security setting and the app menu responds to swip down.

If you really need connection over your Pre like I do the new My Tether is up and working.
  12. JSX
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischampion View Post
    Odd screen lock issue:

when I press the power button, don't see the normal lock screen. Instead I see the regular screen (my desktop and launcher) but with the lock icon covering the middle icon in the dock. I can drag it up and unlock, but it's just odd. I have no theme installed before or after the OS update.
    Happened to me for a while, but 2 or 3 reboots later it went away.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    That is a total bummer! There seems to be a whole issue with the was 1.4 deals with the locked screen interface... it's a bit of a mess...

Anyone know if they're working on this?
    Not quite sure how this happened, but I had two issues come up after my 1.4 update.

On the status bar at the top of the screen, it's just a solid white bar. This didn't show up immediately after the 1.4 update, but after I did a reboot later in the day. I removed all of my status bar-related patches but it is still there and I haven't figured out how to get rid of it. I also can't access any of the pulldown menus that are normally there.

Also, the first time I tried to use the web browser, it would stall whenever I tried to load a page, either through bookmarks or typing in a URL. After I removed ALL of the browser patches, this started working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerdg View Post
    I was having the typical problems with patches and Preware yesterday, and decided it was just easier to remove the patches and reinstall. Problem is I think I've got one in limbo. I had the add page patch for the launcher installed, and removed it with the others. After removing add page app, I still had the 4 pages that I'd had set up, but the option in the tab has disappeared. When I review installed patches in PreWare it's not there, but it also isn't showing up as an available patch on PreWare (like installed apps and patches do).
    Removing the patch does not remove any extra pages you created, it just removes the ability to allow you to add/delete extra pages.

Are you trying to re-install the patch? If you are having trouble locating it, just open Preware, select "List of Everything" and start typing "Enable Add/Delete Pages" - it should show up there and allow you to re-install it.
    Hmm, just discovered my Exchange account won't sync now. It has worked fine every webos update since release day even with all the changes they made but now it won't sync at all. Anyone else with Exchange issues post 1.4?

Update: weird, the plot thickens. My Gmail account has been syncing new emails just fine but I just tried to reply to an email and send from Gmail and it gives an error sending. Is there email issues all around in 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by icuc View Post
    PDF Zoom not working...
    pdf viewer does not respond to multi-touch zooming.
    It will zoom based on double tap, better than nothing, but still lacking.
    Hope there is a fix forthcoming.
    Last edited by jpwhite4914; 02/28/2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: fix not fis
    WebOS Browser does not work after 1.4 update. No response. Sprint advised a full erase. Still have the same problem. Oddly, I can access Weather Channel, NY Times, and other sites that have their own icons. Anyone have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasley1951 View Post
    WebOS Browser does not work after 1.4 update. No response. Sprint advised a full erase. Still have the same problem. Oddly, I can access Weather Channel, NY Times, and other sites that have their own icons. Anyone have this issue?
    Search my friend, this has been mentioned a dozen or more times. Uninstall the mulitimode patch if u have it installed
    Quote Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
    So i all of a sudden cannot use my Web Browser at all. after i downloaded the update i tired it once and it worked, then i forgot about it as i was working StormFest in Pittsburgh, after that however i came back and tried to go to a few sites (including the standard, google) with now luck. the address bar will change like it loading, flash, and then nothing changes, im just stuck at the bookmarks page. If i try to type an address into the Uni search bar, and click go, i get simply a white page, it wont do anything at all. anyone else having this problem??
    I have the same problem. Did a full erase. No fix. Let me know if you resolve and how.