Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
    Im gonna ask this again in hopes someone will answer me. Has there been ANY new apps in the app catelog since the update cuz I havent seen a one and I find that strange. And is media sync supposed to be missing when you plug your Pre ito the computer?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    everything installed fine for me but now for some reason, if i am running more than one card, i get the "Memory Critical Too Many Cards" error message. the phone struggles to close the one program i have open and resets itself. this has happened EVERY time i have opened more than one card. i cant even open preware without getting the message. any ideas? i dont want to do a clean install because itl take days to get my pre back to its current look/apps/ and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    Im gonna ask this again in hopes someone will answer me. Has there been ANY new apps in the app catelog since the update cuz I havent seen a one and I find that strange. And is media sync supposed to be missing when you plug your Pre ito the computer?
    Nothing in the german app catalog..We have only 261 apps total..

Go to device info and then Preferences. There you can activate Mediasync again
    Quote Originally Posted by swazey View Post
    everything installed fine for me but now for some reason, if i am running more than one card, i get the "Memory Critical Too Many Cards" error message. the phone struggles to close the one program i have open and resets itself. this has happened EVERY time i have opened more than one card. i cant even open preware without getting the message. any ideas? i dont want to do a clean install because itl take days to get my pre back to its current look/apps/ and all that.
    Preware is causing that right now. Try to not run preware and open cards
    You guys with the internet problem. What I would try is the ##DATA# methos. First u have to get your msid. Go to phone app, and dial ##data3, the setting will come up, and click restore. What it does is restores your data then resets. IT DOES NOT restore your device, just settings. I have to do this EVERY TIME I switch back to my Pre from my Hero
    What is the Master Subsidy Lock?
    Last edited by diverdown; 02/28/2010 at 12:46 PM.
    ok, I too will present my problem again.

I now noticed, after I recorded a 3:26 long video that when recording over a minute, it seems, that the videos will not play.

also, that 3 minute video I shot shows up on the Pre as only having 1:03!!!

***? And it seems that I'm the only one experiencing this. There will probably have to be another quickie update released to fix this issue because I HATE having to restart my phone everytime I want to watch a video I recorded...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    how can i have too many cards when i dont even have any cards open?!?!?!?!? this is driving me crazy. i never had a problem with my pre until now
    When I upload a video to Youtube and am then given the "Share" options upon completion, it never works correctly when I choose "Share on Facebook". It'll open up my Facebook app and refresh the list, but it never places the youtube link into my "Update status" at the top or mmakes a posting of it for me at all. Anyone else run into this? Would really like to use this feature, that they even demo'd working correctly at CES
    Quote Originally Posted by diverdown View Post
    My web browser is not working after the update. The web opens but when I try to go to a web site nothing happens. Any thoughts?
    It happened to me after I installed a patch. I am not sure what it was but it was one of the ones that has multiple patches in one (multi something or other) . It was released yesterday so it was easy to find and remove. Problem went away after removing it.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidxkiller View Post
    Preware is causing that right now. Try to not run preware and open cards
    thanks i uninstalled and now im using quickinstall but even with that my phone goes in and out of service, continually searches for the network, and with no cards open at all says that there are too many cards. then the phone seems to freeze up screen and all buttons and screen are unresponsive. even lags when restarting (takes 10 seconds before it shuts down). when the too many cards message appears and cannot recover from it the phone restarts itself.
    Nothing happens when I type ##data3.
    Sorry I meant ##data#
    I am unable to sign in to yahoo acct. removed acct and re-added i. receiving error message: unable to sign in mail server not responding.... invalid security token 612360. can someone help me with this?
    Sorry I meant ##data#
    Copy... what is the Master Subsidy Lock?
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    It happened to me after I installed a patch. I am not sure what it was but it was one of the ones that has multiple patches in one (multi something or other) . It was released yesterday so it was easy to find and remove. Problem went away after removing it.
    THANK YOU THIS FIXED IT!!! The patch was called "mulit mod".
    Copy... what is the Master Subsidy Lock?
    Call Sprint and tell them you need your MSL,and COPY IT DOWN somewhere. I have my MSLs copied for both my Pre and Hero.Tell them you have to reset your Data because your data is down and you need your MSL, they will give it to you.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I have loved my Pre, but threads like this demonstrate a big reason Pre and Pixi are not selling and iPhone continues to sell like $0.25 pitchers of beer. Only if you leave it alone, bone "stock" will you get continual, reliable use which means missing out on a ton of features. I wn't even attempt uninstalling Preware because I still can't even get the "ipkg repository" to load. I can see my phone/apps and patches but can't uninstall any of the currently unsupported patches I really miss.

Apple is smart in doing what they do regardless of how cool it is to have an open OS. It's not for their intended buyer.

And what the hell is it with the screen lock on the charger now??? The major complaint after the last update was that it would turn off and lock while on the charger. Now, it locks but won't turn off, even manually so the screen while on a TS stays on. ***??
    http://forums.precentral.net/2262418-post22.html!

Fixed my problems!!!!!! If your phone is getting sluggish and freezing when you try to run Preware or WOSQI give that a try!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Unfortunately the new feature of having phone number links in a calendar event seems useless — for Norwegians at least. It seems to trigger at 7 digits and 10-12 digits, we need 8 digits, both for land lines and mobile numbers.

Nothing I suppose a patch couldn't fix, but I just can't see the logic behind the gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Fixed my problems!!!!!! If your phone is getting sluggish and freezing when you try to run Preware or WOSQI give that a try!
    Translation of what that does for a newb?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Well, I have to say that I messed up my Pre. I went on the assumption that because of the AUPT patches that I didn't need to uninstall anything. My mistake, I learned. Thanks WebOS Doc. But after installing the patches again, and attempting to find my theme ready for 1.4, I couldn't use my browser. EPR saved my Pre again. So after installing each patch, I checked to see if it messed with any normal functions. I found that the Multimod was what was causing my browser not to work correctly. Is there something I missed? It was great before 1.4, but now...nothing. Any suggestions?