Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    An organized issue thread would be nice.
    Are you volunteering to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    Verizon Pre+, Preware v0.9.28.
    Installed 1.4 sucsessfully, opened Preware, updated feeds, went to package updates, update all.

Got "Error Updating: See IPKG log" Error occurred, Return value 4

What's up with this. Am I doing something wrong?
    Here's my latest error:
    Can anyone tell me if there has been any new apps added to the market since the 1.4 update cuz I find it weird that I haven't had ONE change in the app catelog since updating. Also, when I plug my pre into the computer all it says is just charge, and usb, what happened to media sync? Is that gone for everyone or do I have a problem?
    My web browser is not working after the update. The web opens but when I try to go to a web site nothing happens. Any thoughts?
    I'm missing the big clock ..............with 1.3 when the phone was locked you could just turn on the screen and check the time..now you have to unlock it first, then the date turns into the clock..

Is it just me or are others missing it also??

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    For the record, my browser is way slower now with 1.4 installed and this is without flash!
    since Sprint 1.4 my WiFi is not working.

I have doctored, i have run EPR, i have deleted all... still nothing. EVDO works fine.

I have done the hardware tests and it says it's fine.

any ideas?
    I guess this is an issue...I uploaded a video to youtube and it has "Palm Pre" as a defualt tag. Nice self promotion there.
    Quote Originally Posted by diverdown View Post
    My web browser is not working after the update. The web opens but when I try to go to a web site nothing happens. Any thoughts?
    I would go to my phone app and click update profile. Do you see the "ev" icon in your taskbar?
    Can one of you guys tell me if there has been any new apps in the market since the update cuz I dont have a one and I find that very strange cuz they usually add at least one a day.
    my pre died this morning. I went to bed last night, it worked fine and was fully charged. I didnt leave on the charger over night so no power surge or anything. I woke up this morning and it would not turn on. I thought maybe something drained the battery so I used my spare battery.... nope, didnt work either. Plugged it into power, still nothing. I wonder if anybody else has had this issue since webos 1.4. I have never had problems with my phone until this. Is the timing just a coincidence? I hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by mappenzellar View Post
    So how do I turn on the video light? Also, would STILL love to be able to listen to XM/Sirrius without jumping through hoops!
    I didn'nt think you could. Would be interested in do you listen to XM now?
    1,4 has totally messed up my pre. I mean totally. Don't remember exactly how it started, but after I updated, I couldn't make any phonecalls. Actually I found out, that I could make phone calls, just had to turn on the speaker, the one you use for normal calling went deaf. First I reset the device, but after I reinstalled preware the problem occured again. So I thought, maybe that's the issue. After reseting the phone it worked for a couple of hours. Yesterday it started acting weird again while I didn't touch the pre something changed the volume, at the bottom of the screen the music volume appeared. Music playback is very unreliable, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually I can always listen to music and make phone-calls with the headset.
    Today I did a full reset, which deleted everything, hopefully. Still the problem is there I don't hear system notifications, when killing an app by swiping the card up, the usual sound doesn't play. While dialing I can't hear the sound simulating the button press. Next time I played with it I heard the sound but not from the speaker, instead from the earpiece, had to put it to my ear to hear. So I played the video found on the phone and it too played the sound in the earpiece. Oh and I did a hardware test and audio worked fine. And now I rebooted again, and nothing, not even the earpiece makes a noise. Only the headset works. I am really getting angry! Any chance there is an easy solution? thx
    Quote Originally Posted by tsota214 View Post
    my pre died this morning. I went to bed last night, it worked fine and was fully charged. I didnt leave on the charger over night so no power surge or anything. I woke up this morning and it would not turn on. I thought maybe something drained the battery so I used my spare battery.... nope, didnt work either. Plugged it into power, still nothing. I wonder if anybody else has had this issue since webos 1.4. I have never had problems with my phone until this. Is the timing just a coincidence? I hope so!
    Mine would not power on this morning either. hit the power on button a few times, got the pulsing palm for about a minute and then it came on. seems tine now. Try orange - sym - r if it does not respond to repeated power on.
    Quote Originally Posted by diverdown View Post
    I'm having this issue too. If I launch the browser from Universal Search, I just get a white card. If I launch it from a bookmark, nothing happens.

Other apps that access the Internet are working. Just not the browser. Behavior is same on WiFi and EVDO.

EDIT: Oops, there's a thread for this. Looks like the mult mod patch is the culprit. Removing it fixed the problem for me and others report the same here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2264977
    Last edited by muppet_funk; 02/28/2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: solution in another thread
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmasterjasf View Post
    For the record, my browser is way slower now with 1.4 installed and this is without flash!
    I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem too. My browser and Google Maps and most anything that accesses the internet seems to be wayyyy slower than it was before the update.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and it did not work. I guess I'm going to be calling palm today.
    When I try to reply to an email that is very long (i.e. part of a long series of replies), the touchscreen becomes unresponsive and I am forced to do a hard reset (holding down the power switch and moving the ringer switch back-and-forth twice). The WebOS v1.4 email client seems to struggle when trying to load the previous email into the reply composition card and ultimately causes the Palm Pre to become unresponsive.

On a lighter note, I had the same issues with video and audio streaming and playback after attempting to record a video, and rebooting / updating Preware seemed to resolve those issues. My sister also has a Palm Pre but has not installed Preware and she had no issues with recording video and viewing it thereafter.

Cheers,
    Hytham
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    I'm having this issue too. If I launch the browser from Universal Search, I just get a white card. If I launch it from a bookmark, nothing happens.

Other apps that access the Internet are working. Just not the browser. Behavior is same on WiFi and EVDO.
    I tried to update the network settings with out any luck at fixing the problem. I guess I will be calling Palm today.
    You guys with the internet problem. What I would try is the ##DATA# methos. First u have to get your msid. Go to phone app, and dial ##data3, the setting will come up, and click restore. What it does is restores your data then resets. IT DOES NOT restore your device, just settings. I have to do this EVERY TIME I switch back to my Pre from my Hero