Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 49 89 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    my web browser does not work anymore. every app that uses the internet works but the browser will just sit there when i click a bookmark or type a address in. i do have patches installed but everything else seems to be working. any thoughts? maybe run epr and try again in case a patch is holding it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSX View Post
    I Want upadtes, I just dont want updates that destroy my experience with the phone. 1.3.5 destroyed my Wi-Fi experience, as I had a Netgear router and battery life went to about 3 hours, so i had to turn wifi off. (worked perfectly out of the box in June) Now with 1.4.0, my hotmail account has been destroyed. (again worked perfectly out of the box in June). The only comparison point i have is my PS3, and the Updates from Sony always work and add to the functionality. I cant make that claim with Palm.
    from reading this thread, I can see that moat of the major issues are coming from ones who had homebrew stuff on their phone. I am almost certain that you don't mess with your ps3 and pit custom apps on it. I have a base phone, installed 1.4 and everything works fine. A few little issues like lag while texting and my battery life stinks as usual, but no issues like the you homebrew folks. I don't think this is palms fault.
    I'm convinced 1.4 was for the Pixi but rolled out on the Pre (:

My wife loves the update, I'm having lots of random issues.
    I think maybe I should use the 1.4 doc on it and go from scratch ):
    Verizon Pre+, Preware v0.9.28.
    Installed 1.4 sucsessfully, opened Preware, updated feeds, went to package updates, update all.

Got "Error Updating: See IPKG log" Error occurred, Return value 4

What's up with this. Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan View Post
    I'm having issues with my browser - I like to play a browser game on Facebook... (Starfleet Commander specifically). What I'm seeing is that drop down menu's in that game seem to cause the browser to lock up - it has the ring/spot from the touch, but it doesn't display the actual menu... and I actually had difficulty getting the card to minimize, etc...

This is something that ran perfectly fine under 1.3.5...
    Me, too. Here's what I posted in 1.4 New Features and Changes thread:

"1.4 seems to have broken my ability to use our web-based EMR with drop-down lists. (I believe it is Java-based.) It hangs, then eventually takes me back to sign-in page, i.e., kills my session. Browser is otherwise fine on my Pre."

I had never used the Multi Mod patch, so that's not the issue here.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by sjschenk View Post
    I have downloaded 1.4 to my sprint pre, and at first it seemed to go smoothly. I now have a problem. Now my phone freezes and the "too many cards" error appears everytime I try to open preware. I usually would have removed my patches with previous updates, but with the auto update, I thought I was in the free and clear to just go ahead and download 1.4. I must have been wrong, or did something wrong. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?
    I've got the same issue, I did remove all patches before the intstall,
    Any help would be ideal!!
    Reporting another instance of Terminal crashing Luna.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi, mobile.nytimes.com appears to be broken and does not permit scrolling after the 1.4 upgrade. the nytimes.com mobile app is a temporary (but suboptimal) workaround
    preware keeps throwing an error that "The Package Manager Service is not running" even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled preware and the package manager service from quick-install several times! I have been trying to get it to work all weekend now. I also have restarted it a million times now.

The app store also tells me I need to delete some programs or files to make room for programs that I try to install. Programs that were already obtained thru the app store and installed updated and running fine until 1.4 then they were gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jddj38 View Post
    How do you change the sound of alerts for email?
    Go to email then preferences and Accounts, tap on the account you want to set a tone to, tap alert and select ringtone, under that box a blank box with blue ringtone will be there. tap there and select a to
    Quote Originally Posted by womp View Post
    I've had all the aforementioned problems with video, and actually LOST one of my videos.. the ONLY one I had any intention of saving, actually. Got stuck on the loading wheel, after five minutes I exited, tried to load the video again and same deal. So, I restarted my phone, and when I went to my library, the particular video I was trying to load before is gone.
    I had this problem too. First, I also uploaded it to YouTube and then YouTube said it couldn't find the video. Then, it was gone from my video roll. Memory leak, anyone?
  12. Evansgw
    I agree. I doctored mine when I first heard about the update. I missed some of the patches and my theme, BUT ths update went well.

I do not like the YouTube link issue or the 4 second video for MMS limit.

While I bought the Pre without video, I knew the OS was less than half baked and expected these updates. However, I thought the OS would improve more quickly.

The battery life is the biggest killer and will probably drive me towards Android.

Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    from reading this thread, I can see that moat of the major issues are coming from ones who had homebrew stuff on their phone. I am almost certain that you don't mess with your ps3 and pit custom apps on it. I have a base phone, installed 1.4 and everything works fine. A few little issues like lag while texting and my battery life stinks as usual, but no issues like the you homebrew folks. I don't think this is palms fault.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    i removed all browser patches and the browser is working again , now im going to install one patch at a time and see wich one was causing my browser to not work
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I noticed a problem when adding a photo to a contact. When clicking the photo icon it prompts you to chose a file or take a new picture....good so far.....but once you selct the photo you are provided that "zoom in box feature" which allows you to adjust the picture to zoom in on a face etc......after you make your adjustment and get it just right....after you accept my photo reverts back to the entire "zoomed out photo" Is anyone else seeing this happening to them? Any workaround?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janpi23 View Post
    my camera goes to video recording mode, but when i press the record button, it takes a damn photo! :@
    I was first confused at their setup of icons also.....think of the camera/video icon as a "to get to the other way icon" meaning....when you see the camera icon.....that means you are in video mode...and you press the camera to get to the camera and vice versa....make sense?
    I guess this has been experienced by a few others, but if I go into the camera app, it starts out as a grey screen with no controls/buttons.

If I go to card view and maximize and go back to card view a few times, the controls (and center crosshairs, etc.,) will appear, BUT the screen will be black and taking a photo will fail.

I could probably see this having something to do with some patch or another, but I wouldn't know the first place to think about troubleshooting which one.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Since I have installed 1.4, I am no longer able to log in to Yahoo Messenger. I have tried removing all yahoo contacts, email accounts and calendar accounts, but still no success. I even completely wiped the phone and reentered in all info, but still cannot connect to messenger.

I have no patches or anything installed on phone. Messenger simply says Signing in... I was able to add AIM without a problem.

ANY IDEAS!!!!!?!?!?!?!
    after update my file coaster just sits there with the palm loading ring I have got every thing else working I have reinstall it on my pre but no luck have not doc. phone yet any ideas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Is anybody going to post (first page) a compiled list of all the offical bugs or issues. I would like to read them all in one place. Right now I'm going all over the place trying to find out what I should be looking out for.

I know for me, some of my patches are not working. My messaging plugins don't work but they know the problem as being a new directory to place files in.

Rob
    An organized issue thread would be nice.
    @agdigital try signing on with wifi off

for whatever strange reason had the same problem with my AIM account. (would not connect with wifi on)

after turning off wifi, it worked..and now it works both ways

please report back