Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast
    I haven't played with video much yet...I'm still trying to get over my app issues:

German, GSM Pre. App catalogue is showing half the apps available as last night.
    Some of my apps, including Classic Emulator, which I REALLY need, were not re-installed, and no longer exist in App Catalog.
    I can search for and find those apps with Preware, but when I try to install, I get a message that the App "cannot on run on your current operating system", and to "use the Updates App toinstall the system update".
    When I use the Updates App, it tells me that there are software updates available, loads all of my apps, but there are no updates for them?

How do I at least get Classic working again? Has anyone else had issues with Classic on web0s 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    i chatted with palm customer support. they said to delete preware, as the software is the problem
    of course they did

actually, preware is the Solution to a boring platform with few options otherwise.

The update worked perfectly and then I realised I had no signal. I reset it, I removed battery and restarted-no joy. So i went into info and removed all apps and now won't get past the "setting language" screen.
    I live in UK, and use a rebel sim with my t-mobile contract sim, Spose the next step is web OS Doctor?
    I'm going to try get it back to 1.3 and keep it there for now.

Update : Now working perfectly.
    After multiple attempts at the Sconix method I finally got it right!
    I'm very impressed that it could be resurrected from it's brick-like state.
    Last edited by maxcopper; 03/07/2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by maxcopper View Post
    The update worked perfectly and then I realised I had no signal. I reset it, I removed battery and restarted-no joy. So i went into info and removed all apps and now won't get past the "setting language" screen.
    I live in UK, and use a rebel sim with my t-mobile contract sim, Spose the next step is web OS Doctor?
    I'm going to try get it back to 1.3 and keep it there for now.
    The 1.4 update stopped the rebel sim working properly
    Any one had problems with not being able to add a contact?

I do run a stock Pre, not even in developer mode. When I try to add a contact, it says there is an error. If I try again the phone says the contact can't be saved and kicks me back to my contacts screen.

Come one Palm! This is my first Palm device, and I really like it, almost enough to become a loyal user/purchaser... if they can keep it together on this phone.
    I've had all the aforementioned problems with video, and actually LOST one of my videos.. the ONLY one I had any intention of saving, actually. Got stuck on the loading wheel, after five minutes I exited, tried to load the video again and same deal. So, I restarted my phone, and when I went to my library, the particular video I was trying to load before is gone.
  7. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishiazza View Post
    How do I at least get Classic working again? Has anyone else had issues with Classic on web0s 1.4?
    no issues, everythings fine. apps amount same as before update.
    current devices: PRE+
    I can't set an email alert sound without electing to "show icon" when an email arrives...yet that's exactly what I want to do, and was able to do prior to 1.4. Why would they remove this capability?!?
    phone seems to be working well, and a bit faster. but im having some lag issues with texting, anyone else notice a lag when typing?
    1. Rendering of some web pages
    - the contact info page on Google Voice does not render fully
    - chase.mobi does not load

2. Volume control automatically loads when in landscape mode after a double tap on the bottom of the screen
    - not so fun on Earthworm Jim

3. Cannot run WebOsInstall anymore - due to an error 5... but maybe thats just me.
    - Whats the best way to get rid of this anyone? I have the latest Sprint WebOsDoctor, but "Command: put file:///media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf Reply:file open failed" comes up. Trying to install the "light-on-while-video-records" patch, which is not on Preware yet.
    Also, I dont know if some of you experienced this, but ever since the previous WebOs ver was installed - the Os wouldn't always restart properly. I swapped the battery a lot and this was very annoying. It seems as if this issue has been rectified. Woo hoo. .
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The one issue I've seen so far is with the full version of tweed. With this version, the update message in the notification area doesn't clear itself. It just keeps adding on (Updates 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, ...). I can make it go away by swiping, of course, but it's a change in behavior.
    no more email alerts?
    does anyone know if i can reactivate them somehow?
    (update: resolved it through the help app)
    Last edited by posok; 02/28/2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: solved!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu
    I am using O2 UK pre with rebelsim. After update to 1.4, my Pre shows I am on roaming. And I can't manual choose network and input my APN setting...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Same here, and i cannot receive calls. Outgoing calls are working though.
    (Vodafone NL here)
    Same here with T-Mobile NL and O2 UK Pre. Anybody found a solution yet?
  15. JSX
    Quote Originally Posted by tkonle View Post
    Your crazy! Why would you want a phone that didn't grow and change?? Palm rocks! Love the new updates, and yes I had issues with 1.4. (seem to be fixed now). If you don't like the updates, don't update.
    I Want upadtes, I just dont want updates that destroy my experience with the phone. 1.3.5 destroyed my Wi-Fi experience, as I had a Netgear router and battery life went to about 3 hours, so i had to turn wifi off. (worked perfectly out of the box in June) Now with 1.4.0, my hotmail account has been destroyed. (again worked perfectly out of the box in June). The only comparison point i have is my PS3, and the Updates from Sony always work and add to the functionality. I cant make that claim with Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by diwasholla View Post
    i live in germany but i had my palm pre from verizon configured.... i dont wanted to wait few more days to see 1.4 update so i doctored my pre into sprint ... now when i want to update my pre it says 1.3.5.1 .... cant i do directly 1.4 update or i need to do it step by step... sorry for my englsih......
    Try the 02 Germany doctor. I can't post a link, but you can google "webos doctor versions" for the webos internals page.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSX View Post
    I Want upadtes, I just dont want updates that destroy my experience with the phone. 1.3.5 destroyed my Wi-Fi experience, as I had a Netgear router and battery life went to about 3 hours, so i had to turn wifi off. (worked perfectly out of the box in June) Now with 1.4.0, my hotmail account has been destroyed. (again worked perfectly out of the box in June). The only comparison point i have is my PS3, and the Updates from Sony always work and add to the functionality. I cant make that claim with Palm.
    Not sure what you mean by your Hotmail account being destroyed. Is it blown off the face of the earth? Did you try deleting it and adding it again?
    So how do I turn on the video light? Also, would STILL love to be able to listen to XM/Sirrius without jumping through hoops!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus-pre View Post
    anyone able to access their videos... I can't find the icon on the launcher... Anyone with the same problem?
    I noticed that it moved to the bottom of the first launcher page when I updated. Check there...
    Quote Originally Posted by mappenzellar View Post
    So how do I turn on the video light? Also, would STILL love to be able to listen to XM/Sirrius without jumping through hoops!
    Jason developed a patch last night.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2259784