Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
    You can just use FreeTether by itself. It'll work with BT on a mac and both BT and USB on windows or linux.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Spring: My phone update with no issue 9 AM PST about 7:30 PM I went to install "Shake" and then my phone froze gave me to many card message, so I reset the phone and then it frooze and I was never able to get to work so I hope the doctor helps now it is 9:38 PM
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'm having issues with my browser - I like to play a browser game on Facebook... (Starfleet Commander specifically). What I'm seeing is that drop down menu's in that game seem to cause the browser to lock up - it has the ring/spot from the touch, but it doesn't display the actual menu... and I actually had difficulty getting the card to minimize, etc...

This is something that ran perfectly fine under 1.3.5...

I'm pretty certain that I can replicate it...

And before you ask about patches, etc... after having my phone replaced ~ 4 times, I've been running a pretty stock configuration... I do have a couple of home-brew apps installed, but no patches. I was having some HUGE battery drain issues under 1.3.1, and ended up downgrading my phone to 1.2.1 multiple times before 1.3.5 came out and made my life MUCH better... and I got beat down by that and stopped playing with extra stuff...
    Got a patch (match state to area code) stuck on my Pre...Preware sees it but get errors trying to update it. Can't uninstall it. What's the least intrusive way to rid your phone of a stuck patch?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

if I doctor and go back to 1.3.5.1will my homebrew apps install back to since my laast backup was last night?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus-pre View Post
    anyone able to access their videos... I can't find the icon on the launcher... Anyone with the same problem?
    After I did the update this AM it was moved to Page 1 and at the bottom
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Small glitch, maybe its only happening to me.
    I recorded a video and tried to trim it without playing the original file, when I went into edit mode, the thumbnails did not appear and if I moved the slider the video didn't scroll along with it. So I closed the app, played and stopped the video, went into edit mode and now the thumbnails appeared and everything worked fine.
    So it seems that you have to preview the recorded video before you can edit it right away.
    i cant visit a mobile chat site called airg, it downloads a file & when you tap it, it say: "file not supported" anyone having any problems with other mobile sites?

pm me with possibilities if possible.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    if I doctor and go back to 1.3.5.1will my homebrew apps install back to since my laast backup was last night?
    i doubt it, i think it only keeps track of apps in the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernier View Post
    i doubt it, i think it only keeps track of apps in the app catalog.
    you are correct. none of my non-catalog apps were restored.

Palm's backup was a lifesaver for me though with my contacts. After 1.4 update I still can't synch my Outlook contacts with Pocket Mirror, but Palm's backup restored all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezq2007 View Post
    Thanks, should i go to 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1?
    any of those is after you!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Im having a problem with my contacts after update. I only have email addresses for my contacts on my phone even though it says it has synced. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    My browser is flickering while loading pages...so far that's all i've seen that's wrong. I havent really played with it much tho...I just deleted all patches that would not work with the upgrade instead of "saving it's place" and waiting for it to be updated. Lot's of image changes too and as a themer, that's a problem in itself...any ideas on the flickering issue and is there going to be a list instead of this randomness of issues?
    When you say random flickering, are you referring to the full screen checkerboard when you go back a page or the full grey screen that occasionly pops up before a page loads?

If that is the case then I am seeing that too.

I miss the forward swipe motion. I hope they fix that in 1.4.x cause gestures are such an integral part of this OS.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if anyone else was having this problem but I would bet that there are a few of you out there. I found this out tonight after tinkering around with the patches for a while.

With the Browser Multi Mod patch installed on 1.4, the browser won't load any pages. Simply uninstall the patch, restart luna, and you'll be golden.

Hope this helps anyone!

P.S. - I updated to 1.4 with a theme installed. Once it finished updating, I removed the theme and reinstalled it and it works just fine!
    I have an issue with webos 1.4... its not available in canada yet!! seriously, barely anyone here has a palm pre, would it really kill them to give us the updates on time!!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus-pre View Post
    anyone able to access their videos... I can't find the icon on the launcher... Anyone with the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by acculver View Post
    After I did the update this AM it was moved to Page 1 and at the bottom
    Just start typing "video" from the home screen (i.e., with no active cards) and let universal search do its magic
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    ok, this is a really big issue and I need to know if anyone else is having the same problem as I am.

I have recorded 4 videos to date. Just recently, in the past 4 hours my videos that I recorded will not playback unless I restart my phone first. They stay stuck with the loading wheel and never play.

this is a pretty big issue to me and I need to know if anyone else has figured out a solution to this problem, thanks!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harrington View Post
    I am having issue with NY Times mobile web site. I can access site but can not scroll up or down as screen does not respond. Anyone having similar issue on any web sites?
    I'm having this same problem. Someone else started another thread about it also.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Anyone else having issues with video? I tried recording video twice and both times, it froze up with the camera icon on the screen about 1 minute, 15 seconds in. I was able to upload the video to Facebook, but I can't get it to record more than a minute and a half. I also noticed that the camerafroze up after taking a picture and I had to restart it to get it fixed. The video function worked well, but it really sucks if you can't record more than a minute or so!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb77 View Post
    Anyone else having issues with video? I tried recording video twice and both times, it froze up with the camera icon on the screen about 1 minute, 15 seconds in. I was able to upload the video to Facebook, but I can't get it to record more than a minute and a half. I also noticed that the camerafroze up after taking a picture and I had to restart it to get it fixed. The video function worked well, but it really sucks if you can't record more than a minute or so!
    Well my situation deals with the camera, but is quite different.

I think both of our situations deal with minor software issues in webOS 1.4

all that delay in release really did nothing, it seems.....

Here's a screenshot of what the video app did when i swiped up to minimize, maximized it again, tapped the video and moved the scrub bar.

Same type of "NaN:" showing up when I click the video edit tool....

THIS ONLY HAPPENS when the video playback freezes up, though.

A restart fixes it, but only temporarily (until it happens again, of course)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by svargas05; 02/28/2010 at 04:26 AM.