Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 43 83 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ezq2007 View Post
    Is there anyway to go back to WebOs 1.3.5? I desperately need it This recent 1.4 update has messed up my phone to a point that my computer wont even recognize it...
    This page has links to older version of WebOS Doctor (for Sprint Pre.) You could try that.

Edit: Maybe not...just looks like info page. You'll need a copy of WebOS doctor 1.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    So, just to be clear you did all of this:
    To put your phone in recovery mode:

1. Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2. If you can, turn off your phone. See Restarting and resetting your phone .
    3. Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre phone or Replacing the battery on a Pixi phone.
    4. Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    5. Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.

what happened after step 4? Did the screen remain blank?
    Nothing happened, the phone had a USB symbol, but the "next" icon on the computer stayed dark. I had no other notifications... I told you, all my phone does is go straight to charging, it dont even gives me any other options...
    For some reason, whenever I try to reply to an email, my Pre freezes and I'm forced to pull the battery. It's starting to become irritating since I can't reply to emails at all.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I saw a thread on issues with the engadget app where it flashes a screen quickly saying something about text format? I'm not sure what it says but I've noticed this popping up in the yatz app also so I assume it might be popping up in various apps.
    I noticed that too whenever I tried to view the comments of an article on the Engadget app. If you do it a few times you'll see it is just some sample code that Engadget forgot to remove. It even says something to the effect that you should remove the code. We are noticing it now because of some new delay in rendering.

Actually, I can't see the comments anymore in the engadget app. The progress ring just keeps spinning.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Web Doctored to 1.3.5.1
    Updated to 1.4 last night... no problems.
    Browser works fine.

None of my music streams are working!
    Hope there are some quick updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker2k View Post
    I think I did that, however I am usure so Im gonna try that.
    well that didnt work
    I finally got the update last night about 2:00 am on the 27th, download it 1st time and it wouldnt validate. download it a second time with out it hitting the standby screen.. worked like a charm.. took a while to download.. but its done and I love it, phone works pretty good.. guess i got a good phone! good luck everyone else!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Are you referring to the 2.1.0 tether? Thats the one i had installed, as soon as i updated to 1.4, it just stopped working...
    Sorry to hear that. I don't know why but MyTether 2.1.0 worked for me after the 1.4 update. I also had Mobile HotSpot installed but that got disabled.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    Ok, is anyone else having a problem using a wired headset? Mine's won't allow me to speak anymore.
    I am sorry, I don't usually do this, but it's like fingernails across a chalkboard when I see "mines", let alone "mine's". Please don't take offense. You just have to say "Mine won't allow me to speak anymore". /endgrammarcop
    I installed 1.4 and everything seems to be working fine, including my bluetooth stereo headset. My only issue so far is accuradio no longer pauses. But that's an app issue not a webos issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Issues with webOS 1.4? post them here.
    I forgot to remove my patched!!! Preware does not work. I have deleted it and tried to re-install. Nothing is coming up under quick install to re-install anything.
    Anyone else able to install apps from the official app catalog? I can install from Preware fine, but app catalog apps just get stuck on "installing...".
    no usb menu or anything...I have 2 computers, one with vista and other with windows 7, the pre used to work with both, now it doesnt even give me any options...

Might sound silly, but did you try restarting your computer?
    so ive had to charge my pre 3 times today... whats up with that.... only talked on it a few times. surfed the web a few times for a few minutes. played a camera/video camers for a few minutes. but for the most part it was idle. and battery drained like a sink. anybody else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotsteele View Post
    Stupid Windows!!!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    Stupid Windows!!!! lol
    lol my PC does it every now and then. Wont recognize my phone at all until I restart it, then it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotsteele View Post
    like a million times...I tried the soft reset (partial) and it worked for a few seconds, now it does the same again!!!!

I WILL NEVER UPDATE EVER AGAIN!!!!

i need help getting back to 1.3.5 please
    like a million times...I tried the soft reset (partial) and it worked for a few seconds, now it does the same again!!!!

I WILL NEVER UPDATE EVER AGAIN!!!!

i need help getting back to 1.3.5 please
    eh you're going over board. If it's a real bug it will get ironed out soon!
    oh and my signature sticks in emails

I just left the -- my name

it has stuck!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    nobody freak out we will have 1.4.5.1 soon enough and everything will be running smooth!! lol