Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 42 82 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1902
  1. #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker2k View Post
    So I had to doctor mine cuz theme got stuck. I did that and have it in Devlop mode. And it says it installed preware and the service manager. But when I start preware it says service manager not running. I check webos installer and it says both are on my phone. Any ideas??
    Luna restart? Or try restarting the Pre?
  2. kingle1's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Well this is nice. webOS doctor is not detecting my phone being plugged in
    Try telling WebOS Quick Install to reinstall Novacom. (File > Options and click on the (Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button)
  3. #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Missed call notifications still has a bug. If you have a simple PIN lock set up, a missed call (with no voicemail) will not cause the LED to blink until you wake up the screen.

    Once you wake up the screen, the LED starts to blink but by that time you already see the missed call notification on the screen so it's kind of useless.

    I believe it works correctly if someone leaves a voicemail.

    I have 3 Pre's and all of them are doing the same thing, no LED notification when a missed call comes in. By the way I have no Lock pin on any of them so it seems to be an issue regardless. Hopefully one of the patches will fix this
  4. #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Luna restart? Or try restarting the Pre?
    I've restarted the thing 3 times. And uninstalled both preware and manager. Is there a way to restart the luna? I assumed it would restart with the rest of the phone.
  5. #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker2k View Post
    I've restarted the thing 3 times. And uninstalled both preware and manager. Is there a way to restart the luna? I assumed it would restart with the rest of the phone.
    Also I just noticed that the Doctor was a older version. It's from jan, should I use the feb one?
  6. kingle1's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #626  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker2k View Post
    So I had to doctor mine cuz theme got stuck. I did that and have it in Devlop mode. And it says it installed preware and the service manager. But when I start preware it says service manager not running. I check webos installer and it says both are on my phone. Any ideas??
    The Service Manager must be installed first. I would uninstall both, reboot the phone, install the Service Manager, reboot the phone, then install Preware. Note the importance of rebooting the phone. While it may not seem important, it really cleans things up so any subsequent installs go more smoothly.
  7. #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker2k View Post
    I've restarted the thing 3 times. And uninstalled both preware and manager. Is there a way to restart the luna? I assumed it would restart with the rest of the phone.
    Yeah, Luna should restart with your phone. There is an app I got from Preware (forgot the name) that allows you to restart Java and Luna seperately.

    Not sure in your situation I would go over to
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/

    and look to see if there are any threads on this already. If not just make a new one.
  8. #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingle1 View Post
    The Service Manager must be installed first. I would uninstall both, reboot the phone, install the Service Manager, reboot the phone, then install Preware. Note the importance of rebooting the phone. While it may not seem important, it really cleans things up so any subsequent installs go more smoothly.
    I think I did that, however I am usure so Im gonna try that.
  9. #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker2k View Post
    Also I just noticed that the Doctor was a older version. It's from jan, should I use the feb one?
    yeah, I didn't know that 1.4 was out and ran the old one and got everything re-installed. Then I updated to 1.4 and it hosed my phone. Ended up running 1.4 Doctor just now and I'm in the process of getting all of my apps back that 1.4 OTA update deleted.
  10. #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    go to
    Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs

    and scroll to where you see
    The Next button is not available, but the progress bar is complete. I canít proceed.

    I couldn't get my computer to detect the Pre either until I did that
    Thank you for the suggestion, but it didnt work, i follow exactly and the next button never was available...
  11. #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Yeah, Luna should restart with your phone. There is an app I got from Preware (forgot the name) that allows you to restart Java and Luna seperately.

    Not sure in your situation I would go over to


    and look to see if there are any threads on this already. If not just make a new one.
    Theres a couple of people saying the same thing. So hopefully we can all find a fix.
  12. #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by ezq2007 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion, but it didnt work, i follow exactly and the next button never was available...
    Did you get the USB screen on your phone ever? There is also a suggestion a little bit further down to go to device manager and uninstall the device driver
  13. #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    I'm having an issue with the Google Voice web app which started immediately after the webos 1.4 update.

    As you can see in the screen shots, the "contacts" area of the web app does not display correctly- it cuts off the bottom half of the screen. There should be a longer list of contacts in the "Top" and "My Contacts" sections, and when I click on a specific contact, most of the contact information screen is not visible.

    Is anyone else having this issue? I do have a few patches installed that apply to the web browser. Perhaps one of those are causing the problem...? I do NOT have the browser multi patch installed currently.
    i to only get 3 contacts in the goog voice. n i have no homebrew installed
  14. #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Did you get the USB screen on your phone ever? There is also a suggestion a little bit further down to go to device manager and uninstall the device driver
    no usb menu or anything...I have 2 computers, one with vista and other with windows 7, the pre used to work with both, now it doesnt even give me any options...
  15. #635  
    Has anyone had trouble uploading directly to youtube. I tried it and it gave me an error message and told me to G T F O
  16. #636  
    my battery doesnt last long... =( like worse than when it first came out. gonna try and reboot. hope that helps
  17. #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by ezq2007 View Post
    no usb menu or anything...I have 2 computers, one with vista and other with windows 7, the pre used to work with both, now it doesnt even give me any options...
    So, just to be clear you did all of this:
    To put your phone in recovery mode:

    1. Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2. If you can, turn off your phone. See Restarting and resetting your phone .
    3. Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre phone or Replacing the battery on a Pixi phone.
    4. Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    5. Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.


    what happened after step 4? Did the screen remain blank?
  18. #638  
    Is there anyway to go back to WebOs 1.3.5? I desperately need it This recent 1.4 update has messed up my phone to a point that my computer wont even recognize it...
  19. mvkitchen's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    I'm running the webOS Doctor 1.4 right now. Will let you know how that goes
    Hmmm... The Doctor seems to have half-worked for me. I still have no Device Info and a couple other icons, but whatever. Everything else seems fine. My downloaded apps are back.
  20. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by ezq2007 View Post
    ...Also i noticed that "My Tether" wont work anymore...
    I want to back to webos 1.3.5, Is anyone else having this problems?
    MyTether 2.1.0 is working flawlessly for me.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions