Page 29 of 96 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 39 79 ... LastLast
    now that I have patch for use of flash light while video recording it's great,,except for the volume.
    1.4 still has problem with to many cards open when trying to play 3d games, i have a pre on sprint. sucks i was really hoping that would of got fixed since it was a common problem.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    If you have the multi-mod patch installed, the browser won't work. You can get the thumbnail page but nothing loads.
    I don't think it's the multi-mod patch. I don't have any patches installed I can't get anything internet related to work while on WIFI. It all works fine on EVDO, but nothing on wifi anymore. Kind of a bummer - hopefully nothing too serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by jddj38 View Post
    How do you change the sound of alerts for email?
    Change it in the Preferences for each email account. Scroll to the bottom of the ringtone pick list for the new, shorter alert tones.

This seems to be working well for me. Wow! Back to 2006 with this old Chattermail feature!
    Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> Pre 100 EWW
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I have the volume bar come up when ever the phone is shaked or even slightly moved really. I've heard of others complaining of that as well.
    I had that problem a few months ago. My problem was the volume tab was stuck and pressing up. i just pulled it a little and no more problems.
    I noticed that when receiving texts/IMs, my Palm Pre no longer "sounds & vibrates" at the same time... in the options for text messages, it lists Vibrate, System Sound, Rington, Mute... I prefer having text "sound & vibrate" in case I'm in a noisy environment & don't hear the texts.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    cant get hot spot to work either. have tried removing and the reinstalling per previous thread instructions and no luck. slider will not move.
    Havent had any other problems so far though.
    The battery is getting KILLED! I turned on the option for wifi to be off while phone is sleeping. I turned off the screen and left the phone alone for 3 hours. There is NO email or messages being pulled (set to manual), NO bluetooth. Nothing running on the phone. And yet, after 3 hours of idling, it went from 63% battery to 53%!!

What can I do?

(And for those suggesting restarting, I've restarted it twice already on others' suggestions and it's not fixing it)
    Last edited by 6tr6tr; 02/27/2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DominiRican View Post
    I noticed that when receiving texts/IMs, my Palm Pre no longer "sounds & vibrates" at the same time... in the options for text messages, it lists Vibrate, System Sound, Rington, Mute... I prefer having text "sound & vibrate" in case I'm in a noisy environment & don't hear the texts.
    CRAP...i didn't even notice I loved that feature.
    I had the same problem...got the scary "exclamation point" screen directing me to the webDoctor URL...went through the Doctor process, which seemed fine, but when my Pre restarted, I got an Error screen that said something like "Your phone cannot be repaired. Please contact Palm support." No matter what I did (restarted, took battery out, etc.), this screen was not going away.

Went to a Sprint retail store, who described the phone as "DOA." They sent me to a repair center (I have the full insurance coverage), and after about an hour, they were able to get my phone up and running again - WITHOUT the update.

So now my dilemma is...do I try again, or just forget it???
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble79 View Post
    Mine keeps saying I have to many cards open and I have nothing open!
    Same here. I can't believe they haven't fixed this. When it happens now, the phone screeches to a halt and I have to pull the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    If you have the multi-mod patch installed, the browser won't work. You can get the thumbnail page but nothing loads.
    It worked for me just remove this patch and you are good to go!!
    Installed the 1.4 update and now when I'm trying to go backwards in an app I can't. Have to back all the way out, then go back in.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Got all my patches back up and running except the "remove icon titles" patch. It has an update and when I try to run it get an error that says "error updating see IPKG log" and there is is says "failure during pre remove script execution"

So I tried to remove it thinking I'd just re-install and get the same error. So I cant use it, update it or remove it?
    I've noticed that until the animated splash card maximizes to the full screen, the gesture area is unresponsive to forward and back swipes to switch to another card. However swiping up above in the display area does bring the next card into focus. Once you swipe in the display area or wait until the splash card maximizes, then you can use the gesture area to switch cards.
    Hi, Everyone.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with uploading to Facebook where it doesn't carry the sound over? I just tested it, and while the video portion uploaded to my Facebook account fine, the audio was gone. (I was also a little bit surprised that I could only upload to Facebook via Wi-Fi, but that's another story.)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    Got all my patches back up and running except the "remove icon titles" patch. It has an update and when I try to run it get an error that says "error updating see IPKG log" and there is is says "failure during pre remove script execution"

So I tried to remove it thinking I'd just re-install and get the same error. So I cant use it, update it or remove it?
    I am getting the exact same error message. I have uninstall/reinstalled the package manager and preware 3x without success. Anyone else with suggestions?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    OK, seriously -- what is up with the volume icon popping up randomly all the time?
    Why the hell wont it connect to my computer? I plug it in and it automatically starts charging, it wont give me any options at all

>:O
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    OK, seriously -- what is up with the volume icon popping up randomly all the time?
    oh man i thought this was just me...this is happening to me too its so annoying
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!