Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I believe that Jason will need to update the repair utility now that the new WebOS Doctor is out.
    There's an option to override the compatibility.
    I'm having an issue with the Google Voice web app which started immediately after the webos 1.4 update.

As you can see in the screen shots, the "contacts" area of the web app does not display correctly- it cuts off the bottom half of the screen. There should be a longer list of contacts in the "Top" and "My Contacts" sections, and when I click on a specific contact, most of the contact information screen is not visible.

Is anyone else having this issue? I do have a few patches installed that apply to the web browser. Perhaps one of those are causing the problem...? I do NOT have the browser multi patch installed currently.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When you edit a video it messes up the sound
    Is anyone else having issues looking at images on the Browser? I have gone to some web sites to look at pics and I can view the thumbnail but when I click the image for the full version it starts to load the image but the all I get is a white screen.....I have tried multiple times but same issue.
    Preware loaded once, then died. updated feeds but only one working was 4x4 icons. no email notifications doesn't work. and most of the others did nothing. Preware doesn't work anymore though.
  6. Evansgw
    I'm so glad I doctored my pre before updating!

Anyone else underwhelmed after all that wait?
    So, I forgot to remove my patches before updating. I went to run preware to update the patches since I used AUPT (or whatever the acronym is) and the first few were okay. Then I did a luna restart and tried to get some more updated. Now, practically all the feeds time out and any time I try to update my patches I get an IPKG error saying that the patch is already installed.

Should I take my Pre to see the Dr or is everyone else having issues with Preware as well?
  8. Evansgw
    same problem here. As it is just a website, you'd think there wouldn't be a problem. This update is pushing me closer to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    I'm having an issue with the Google Voice web app which started immediately after the webos 1.4 update.

As you can see in the screen shots, the "contacts" area of the web app does not display correctly- it cuts off the bottom half of the screen. There should be a longer list of contacts in the "Top" and "My Contacts" sections, and when I click on a specific contact, most of the contact information screen is not visible.

Is anyone else having this issue? I do have a few patches installed that apply to the web browser. Perhaps one of those are causing the problem...? I do NOT have the browser multi patch installed currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    Anyone have any insight on the volume bar issue?
    There is a thread for this now. I get this too and it's annoying.

Unfortunately because I don't have 10 posts yet I can't link you to the exact thread but it's on the front page of this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    same problem here. As it is just a website, you'd think there wouldn't be a problem. This update is pushing me closer to Android.
    Can anyone else confirm this problem with the Google Voice web app?

With the recent demise of Gdial Pro, this is a very, very big problem for us GV users.
    I had not problem downloading and installing 1.4. After that, though...

1. Like many others, no call duration on the call log. I like that I can click the little triangle like with my Mac OS, and get more information, but I'd have liked the call duration, too.

2. Memos were saved, no problem there

3. Links in free Tweed work fine for me, MrSlug... sorry!

4. Forward gesture in web browser? To be honest, it never really worked for me in 1.3.5.1, so no big loss.

Here's my ACK list:

1. I went to reinstall my patches, using webOS Quick Install. I now have a bunch of dummy patches for Hide NFL, Hide NASCAR, Virtual Keyboard, etc. Sigh. Poor developers -- you've got your work cut out for you!

2. As noted above, I removed my patches before the update. One of the patches was to Add Launcher Pages. When I first opened up 1.4, all of my patched Launcher pages were there, despite the removal of the patch. Before I start worrying that something went wrong and that my phone will start acting buggy, can someone confirm for me that 1.4 allows more than the three set Launcher pages?

3. I could swear that one second, it said that the patch Battery Icon and Percent was "Error 4 Null" but then poof, it was available to be installed. Jason working his magic as fast as he can???

4. Did anyone else's patches take FOREVER to download?

Thanks....
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    Overall, I am struggling a bit after the update.
    I have had to pull battery / restart because of a frozen phone 2X so far.

I am a Preware user and DID run EPR 2 days ago in anticipation of the new update and always try to minimize "variables" when running updates.

Got the update this morning and I so far I had to pull battery once because the phone had a "Too Many Cards" warning after using the vid camera and the phone operated extremely slowly for about 15 minutes but no functionality.

The second time was after reading this thread and trying to open the Preware APP then letting it idle for 5 minutes. Upon my return to trying to operate the phone, i could not get it to turn the screen on at all. Preware has never been able to load today, but....
    Preware will get fixed quickly but people need patience.

I am overall worried that the update might be fairly rushed. I have yet to try to find the Flash App / Utility since my phone has been struggling far more than normal to operate efficiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericco View Post
    As a bunch of you are noticing there are definitely some patches that are unavailable/not working for 1.4. If you had previously downloaded them, they won't show up under unavailable in Preware, but they won't work either. They will be listed in your patches but they are just "placeholders" that will pop up as an update once the patch is ready for 1.4.

If you download anything now from the unavailable list, it will place a new placeholder in your phone but it won't do anything for now.

I'm sure the developers will update the patches soon and the list of "unavailables" will decrease. It's not surprising that there are so many patches that aren't compatible with 1.4. Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised how many patches still do work.

Completely with you, hell, I had 17 of my patches that had updates this morning and are working.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Found an issue with group text messaging. As you add contacts to your group message the screen fills up with names. When you run out of room on the screen, it no longer allows you to scroll down to add more contacts. Normally you can send a text to 20 contacts at a time. Now you can only send it to as many will fill the screen. Super annoying!
    my preware is not loading after i installed webos 1.4.
    help!!!
    Newbie here, just need some help.
    Removed patches before 1.4 update. Doctored phone because it started acting very weird after installing 1.4 update. Now has a fresh 1.4 install with seemingly no problems so far except when I go to re-download my paid for apps from the palm app catalog it says "Can't Install....This app requires 8.6M. You must delete some apps or files before you can install it. Click here for more information." I also tried download other apps that I havent paid for and it says the same thing. Phone has 6G of free space.

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Last edited by cm5984; 02/27/2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post

Is anyone else having this issue?
    I am. When I first tried accessing google voice from my phone, it said my phone wasn't set up and I had to first set it up via a computer, even though the account was already set up.

I got that fixed but now only 3 contacts are showing up in my list when there should be over 50.
    I dont think its Preware thats broken, last night (midnight) everything was fine but fell asleep before finishing updating patches. Today Preware seems broken. UN then REinstalled Preware. Still isnt really working. Well, actually only certain feeds wont update! So im sure the servers are getting hit EXTRA hard! Could barely hit the feeds through WebOSQI either so I'll just wait till everyones done pitchin fits! LOL Patience is a virtue today!!
    i've got the same problems with preware. Managed to get it working after numerous fails but unable to download patches.
    Can anyone suggest a fix??
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I had no problems with the download. AUPT worked great!........ I did keep loosing connection during the update, while using WiFi. I have noticed one thing. I don't know if it happened because of the update to 1.4 or after I updated my patch though Preware. The carrier string in the upper left corner of the screen is gone. No Sprint, nothing. I had no patches that removes it. Anyone else notices this?