Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 35 75 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    Help!. Update appears to have bricked my Pre. The update appeared to start installing correctly, but after about an hour, the screen went black, but the keypad was still lit up. After waiting another ten minutes, I removed and replaced battery. Now I just have the big alert triangle on the screen. I had the latest version of Preware and AUPT. Had removed theme.
    I doctored with Version 1.4 and it is working now. Course got to reset/reload everything. Not how I wanted to spend my Saturday afternoon. But at least I'm up and running again.
    now my preware does'nt work
    SIGNATURE THREAD ISSUE STARTED

here --> 1-4-sent-my-palm-pre-signature-wont-go-away
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I think you need to wait until author updates it.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    preware doesn't work either :/
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    OK, I've seen a post or two about this, and here's the deal.

There is a new bug in the eMail signatures.

When going to the configuration screen, all of my sigs changed back to the "- Sent from my Palm Pre".

When you change the sig to what you want it and exit the field, it acts normally. Now, exit the configuration screen, and go right back in. You'll notice that your signature has changed back to the default one again.

I noticed that if I change the sig, exited the configuration screen, then started a new eMail message (or reply) my edited signature shows up as expected.

So, it looks like every time you enter the config screen, it resets your signature.
    I can confirm!! Glad to see the sig is coming up at least
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
    Match State to Area Code patch isn't working for me. Anyone else having a problem with it?
    Same here, and when Preware tries to update it I get the IPKG error... :-(

I have no themes & very few patches, I followed all the instructions for UDPT, etc... but it seems that 1.4 created several problems for me anyway...

* I lost the simple time stamp in SMS messages patch and it doesn't appear to be available for 1.4, only the fancy time stamp.

* Like many others, I can't save a signature

* I lost the battery as an Percent icon (was able to re-install)

* There is NO call duration anywhere in the call log

* All the patches to hide Music Player, Amazon, NASCAR apps, etc.. are gone

* Games such as Tanagram Puzzle & Word Whirl don't work

Not overly impressed with 1.4 today... <sigh>
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    OK, I've seen a post or two about this, and here's the deal.

There is a new bug in the eMail signatures.

When going to the configuration screen, all of my sigs changed back to the "- Sent from my Palm Pre".

When you change the sig to what you want it and exit the field, it acts normally. Now, exit the configuration screen, and go right back in. You'll notice that your signature has changed back to the default one again.

I noticed that if I change the sig, exited the configuration screen, then started a new eMail message (or reply) my edited signature shows up as expected.

So, it looks like every time you enter the config screen, it resets your signature.
    UPDATE:

OK, I just played around a little more. This is weird.

I can change my signature to anything and appears that it sticks and doesn't reset. HOWEVER, if I leave the Palm default of "-- Sent from my Palm Pre", THAT is when it resets!!

So, I had my signature originally set as:

Code:
    MyName

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    If I did that, it would reset every time I went back into the preferences screen. BUT, if I set it to this (dropped the two dashes down to one):

Code:
    MyName

- Sent from my Palm Pre
    It stays!!! Oh, and if you just change the e to an ē like it had way back when, it does two things. 1) changes it back to a standard e (in both cases) 2) doesn't recognize it as "different" and completely reverts to the default if that's the only change you made.
    Last edited by insane42; 02/27/2010 at 02:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I'm getting an IPKG error when trying to install the Hide Music Player patch in preware.. Any one else having this problem? It won't get through that when I do the "Update All"
    I think you just need to wait until the author updates it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rapat View Post
    My signature is sticking on my google apps IMAP account.
    Was that account there before 1.4? Seems it's accounts added after 1.4 update.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    ok, in my excitement to install 1.4 i forgot to uninstall my theme on my Sprint Pre. the installation of 1.4 went fine, but none of my patches work now and whenever i try to do anything regarding patches in Preware a message comes up that it states: "error installing: See IPKG Log". what can i do to get my patches to work again?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyRuiz25 View Post
    i removed ones with errors and continued till i finished then reapplied them n they work
    How did you remove ipk with errors. I'm having difficulty removing the haptic calculator patch.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Same here. It does that with any patch I am trying to reinstall (even the 4x4). If anyone has a suggestion other than 'wait', I would appreciate it a lot.
    You can try updating one at a time, some work some don't. The rest you'll have to wait until the authors update them. I think you will be notified when they do.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    massive issues with my pre man i knew 1.4 would break everything and we wanted it so bad Good Luck Devs ON Fixing patches
    And thanks to everyone
    Anyone have any insight on the volume bar issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Has anyone used the webos repair utility instead of webos doctor? wondering if that works.
    I believe that Jason will need to update the repair utility now that the new WebOS Doctor is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by fonefanatic View Post
    sorry if this has been addressed already, but is anyone having trouble getting into preware? I cannot get into it it just stalls on the loading page!
    My guess is the servers are overloaded.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    yes before 1.4
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayton View Post
    ok, in my excitement to install 1.4 i forgot to uninstall my theme on my Sprint Pre. the installation of 1.4 went fine, but none of my patches work now and whenever i try to do anything regarding patches in Preware a message comes up that it states: "error installing: See IPKG Log". what can i do to get my patches to work again?
    You can try updating one at a time, some work some don't. The rest you'll have to wait until the authors update them. I think you will be notified when they do.
    preware app no loger working