Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessea2503 View Post
    Go to DEV Mode
    So..what did you mean by go to Dev mode. email signature still does not save with it on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    After the 4.1 update I can't save my email signiture in any of my emails. I use my phone for email a lot. Thanks for any help.
    Is this an EAS account or POP? As you can see in earlier posts, I am having an issue saving EAS email signatures now aftrer upgrade.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
    Match State to Area Code patch isn't working for me. Anyone else having a problem with it?
    If you read the page for it in preware it says on it: Not ready for 1.4.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ajmboy, my sig sticks but my EAS account will not download new emails. I can send fine.
    I have near 40 patches on my phone. Updated to the new Preware and updated all patches prior to firmware upgrade. This morning the phone downloaded, verified, and installed 1.4 update. However, the phone got stuck on Palm boot logo. Eventually it went back and acted as it were installing 1.4 again (spinning wheel and install message on screen). It got back to Palm logo and got stuck again (2nd time). Eventually it went back and acted as if where installing again. Finally it got stuck on Palm logo (3rd time) and has been there for over 4 hours. I took it down to Sprint Store and they stated I will need to replace the phone.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Anyone else having issues with their flashlight or flashlight patches. I can't get it to work at all and the menu remix with flashlight patch is install but it says error next to the flashlight drop down. I was going to attempt to use the flashlight while recording video since I haven't noticed video having flashlight abilities yet. Any suggestions?

I see Jason has addressed this already. My search didn't return that thread before.
    Last edited by mellisnj; 02/27/2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Update
    My friend and myself are having some confusion as to the flash content supposedly being available after the update. I know you have to download the flash beta or something like that, but I've looked everywhere and I'm not seeing anything at all, so basically this entire update was a waste for me. Also, my phone started lagging a ton an hour after the update and the battery life actually seems to be worse. Even after I lowered the brightness to 5%
    I have the Pre by the way. Any help is much appreciated.
    Browser issues-

forward swipe no longer works, you have to use the arrow button

brief grey screen sometimes before a page loads

brief full checkerboard screen when swiping back to a page.

On a positive note, Acid3 test registers in the 90's.
    sorry if this has been addressed already, but is anyone having trouble getting into preware? I cannot get into it it just stalls on the loading page!
    Quote Originally Posted by rapat View Post
    ajmboy, my sig sticks but my EAS account will not download new emails. I can send fine.
    Mine was not downloading emails either so I removed the account and then re-added it. That's when the issue with the signature started. Are you not receiving new emails after the update? Have you removed and readded the EAS account?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomchavana View Post
    It finally finished downloading, and is working great BUT when I connect the phone to the computer i don't get any options like "Just Charge" or "USB" and when i try using WebOS Quick Install to put my patches back on it says that my phone isn't connected to the computer.

I'm wondering if it was because I had my pre conected to my computer through the entire installation of 1.4?

any suggestions? i could really use the help..
    Tom
    Go to DEV Mode
    Mine wont get past unpacking either...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kickflip5182 View Post
    My friend and myself are having some confusion as to the flash content supposedly being available after the update. I know you have to download the flash beta or something like that, but I've looked everywhere and I'm not seeing anything at all, so basically this entire update was a waste for me. Also, my phone started lagging a ton an hour after the update and the battery life actually seems to be worse. Even after I lowered the brightness to 5%
    I have the Pre by the way. Any help is much appreciated.
    Flash was never promised to be a part of the 1.4 update. Many Precentral articles and Forum posts have addressed this already.

There hasn't been a confirmed date of Flash release, though it looks like it'll be in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    So..what did you mean by go to Dev mode. email signature still does not save with it on or off.

Is this an EAS account or POP? As you can see in earlier posts, I am having an issue saving EAS email signatures now aftrer upgrade.
    Sorry, I hit reply to wrong post.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that after 1.4 the "vibrate" is a short vibrate instead of the long one?
    I think that's going to become an issue in my pocket..
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yes removed account and added several times. No luck. IMAP is fine. EAS was fine until I updated.
    OK, I've seen a post or two about this, and here's the deal.

There is a new bug in the eMail signatures.

When going to the configuration screen, all of my sigs changed back to the "- Sent from my Palm Pre".

When you change the sig to what you want it and exit the field, it acts normally. Now, exit the configuration screen, and go right back in. You'll notice that your signature has changed back to the default one again.

I noticed that if I change the sig, exited the configuration screen, then started a new eMail message (or reply) my edited signature shows up as expected.

So, it looks like every time you enter the config screen, it resets your signature.
    Has anyone used the webos repair utility instead of webos doctor? wondering if that works.
    Just confirmed with an IMAP account also. New setup after 1.4...signature editing does not save. So it is not just EAS. My accounts that were setup in 1.3.5.1 are fine editing. 2 test accounts I set up just now after my 1.4 update - signatures do not save.

Tested EAS and IMAP so far. If someone else coule test a NEW setup after 1.4...that would be great.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Now my messaging doesn't work or barely works. Tapping on the messaging sign-on icon takes me into an endless attempt (spinning "Signing In..." icon) to login. I thought about removing my accts (Gtalk, AIM, Yahoo) and reinstalling, but it won't even allow me to remove my existing accounts. It just gives me a grayed-out screen with the spinning icon trying to remove my account. I have been able to get the half-green status icon (partially logged in) but one of my accounts doesn't seem to connect.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    My signature is sticking on my google apps IMAP account.