Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 31 71 ... LastLast
    Noticed a couple more issues.

Application JSTop is sort of working, but the data isn't formatted properly. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but see the same thing.

The iPhone User Agent patch doesn't seem to be working. When I ran the installer from the command line, it pauses for a while, then outputs:

Code:
     User Agent Spoofer version 2.3 for all Palm webOS devices
      Copyright 2009 Carl E. Thompson (devel-webos [at] carlthompson.net)
      Much help from hofs1 and wtgreen at PreCentral.net . Thank you.
    Phone doesn't reboot, and user agent appears to be the stock Pre string, not modified. Running the uninstaller echos the same message and doesn't change anything.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    In a previous post, I metioned I would upload my Preware errors. Here they are:

Attachment 42645

Attachment 42646

I believe they are just a time out on the Precentral feed.

-Kevin
    yeah, i've been receiving that all morning. they posted on twitter that they were expecting timeout errors (but hoping they wouldn't happen). they are being totally hammered, so it's just a matter of patience i supposed. sucks having a default device, but it's awesome that so many people are using preware.

Attachment 42645

Attachment 42646

-Kevin
    Yeah, I get those too. But it will breeze right past it if I hit ok. I decided not to worry about that error as, like you, I think it is a time out error.
    When I select all from text, then copy, when I paste it into something else, there are no blank lines in the text.

Attachment 42645

Attachment 42646

-Kevin
    Over the past few hours I've been messing with Preware and I've gotten those errors a couple times, and also many failed patch installations due to network timeouts.

It's likely that this is entirely due to the abnormally high traffic that the infrastructure behind Preware is undoubtedly subject to at this point in time, and has nothing to do with the 1.4 update itself.

At the very least, I can share the observation that this issue has been intermittent for me... I can always get past the timeout errors if I keep trying.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Application JSTop is sort of working, but the data isn't formatted properly. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but see the same thing.
    I noticed this too.. But I was pleased to notice that the amount of memory being used was roughly half of what I'm used to seeing it be using 1.3.5.1...

Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Ok, thanks to all of you who urged me to be patient. I think I have my phone working now the way I like it. I am sure I will be back with more questions, but for now, all is well.
    not sure if this has been covered but change log stated video could be uploaded to youtube and facebook. facebook option isn't showing up.
    adding phone numbers to contacts from email and text message app isn't showing up either. it gives me the option to call or text but that's it. is this a miss print in the change log?
    i like what i have seen so far though. it's fun to see all the new things coming together. for all the people complaining that it was a long download...seems like a small price to pay for something i've been reading all of your complaints about not dropping since at least 2-15-10. some were before that. think about all the people that were doing the same thing you were all day and night yesterday...clicking the update app feed lol...i know i was up until about 1:30 am eastern.
    I picked my phone up and hit the power button to bring up the time/lockscreen....

It went from 12:00pm and then BACK to 11:59am! Never saw that before...kinda weird.

Sidenote: Anyone remember the app (official or otherwise) that sets your pre to a scheduled reboot?
    What i noticed, and dont know if someone did, when im on a webpage, and then push the " EV " area. And then lets say I push WiFi... it will also select the background on the webpage. So it WiFi and a link are aligned.. it will switch the web page..

I dont remember it doing that before.
    I installed the update last night and ran preware. Preware started to re-install some of the patches, but then locked up the phone halfway through (my phone tends to lock up after a software update for some reason...overheating maybe? works fine once it cools down). I just gave up for the night.

Now when I go into preware, I get the error everyone else is getting, but then it shows no packages are installed! WebOS Quick Install also shows no packages, but if I go into the App Catalog it shows them. Suggestions???
    I've been unable to sign into Yahoo Messenger since I updated. Any suggestions?
    My freaking patches are goooonneee, all of them, everything on the phone seems to be working
    fine thogh but preware gets stock downloading the feeds and sadly I gonna have to do all my patches again, someone else with this &*% problem?
    I downloaded an e-mail attachment for a .DOC file and I can't find it in any directory when I connect through USB. Is the file lost or just unaccessible?
    I've looked for a place to post this and I hope someone here can help.
    The Yahoo messaging account is gone. It only allows me to add AIM and Google talk account.

Also, I don't have the option to upload video to facebook. Only gives me youtube, mms, and email.
    I want to upload to facebook darnit.
    after i updated to 1.4, i cannot go on the web, any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    whenever i open/close the slider within the messaging app, the phone turns off. didn't happen in 1.3.5.1 :/
    First of all, I forgot that my black launcher pages were a theme, not a patch, so I forgot to remove before the OTA update.

Update seemed to go well, shot a couple of videos, etc.

When I ran Preware it failed twice, uninstalling Disable LED Notification for Email and Enable PDF Landscape Viewing.

I removed those two patches, apparently successfully, and retstarted Luna.

Now my browser seems to be completely borked. It launches fine, but if I hit a bookmark, no go, just a blank white page, and if I manually enter a URL, it just sits at the bookmarks view.

Very weird.

Tried to doctor back to 1.3.5, but for some reason I can't get the Next button to light on this 10.4.11 Mac, even though Java seems to be installed OK.

Guess I gotta try again on Monday on my 10.5 box at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by g0rey1 View Post
    yeah, i've been receiving that all morning. they posted on twitter that they were expecting timeout errors (but hoping they wouldn't happen). they are being totally hammered, so it's just a matter of patience i supposed. sucks having a default device, but it's awesome that so many people are using preware.
    +1 Getting the error but happy as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by john sidberry View Post
    after i updated to 1.4, i cannot go on the web, any suggestions?
    I'm having the same issues....I think it has to do with the Multi-Mod Patch for the browser......Any help please?