Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567 12 52 ... LastLast
    The Terminal app causes a Luna restart on launch. Not a concern of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    It finally finished downloading, and is working great BUT when I connect the phone to the computer i don't get any options like "Just Charge" or "USB" and when i try using WebOS Quick Install to put my patches back on it says that my phone isn't connected to the computer.

I'm wondering if it was because I had my pre conected to my computer through the entire installation of 1.4?

any suggestions? i could really use the help..
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by tomchavana View Post
    It finally finished downloading, and is working great BUT when I connect the phone to the computer i don't get any options like "Just Charge" or "USB" and when i try using WebOS Quick Install to put my patches back on it says that my phone isn't connected to the computer.

I'm wondering if it was because I had my pre conected to my computer through the entire installation of 1.4?

any suggestions? i could really use the help..
    Tom
    I'm having issues with Quick Install too. Sometimes it detects it and sometimes it doesn't. It's really weird.

I have the newest version of WebOS Quick Install. I double checked to make sure DevMode was still on (it was), restarted Luna, and switched USB ports. It worked and then stopped again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomchavana View Post
    It finally finished downloading, and is working great BUT when I connect the phone to the computer i don't get any options like "Just Charge" or "USB"
    Tom
    Same goes for me. It also doesn't seem to be charging even though it says it's connected and charging.

Edit: That's really strange. Minutes after posting this and still having it connected to my computer, I heard a noise from the PC saying something had been disconnected. Seeing as my phone is the only thing connected I looked at it and the little menu for Charging/USB/Media...etc... popped up and now it says it's charging.
    I get a weird bug (I think):

If I half-open the slider (enough to turn on the screen), I get a flat speaker like icon. This icon has volume settings that fluctuate from full to half full based on if I move the slider up/down enough to make noise.

Is this a mic sound level adjuster?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericco View Post
    I'm having issues with Quick Install too. Sometimes it detects it and sometimes it doesn't. It's really weird.

I have the newest version of WebOS Quick Install. I double checked to make sure DevMode was still on (it was), restarted Luna, and switched USB ports. It worked and then stopped again.
    Quick Install seems to stop detecting the phone when I click on a patch that no longer works (such as hiding Nascar, NFL, Music Player, etc.). Just restart Luna and try again. It seems to work.
    Last edited by ericco; 02/27/2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: clarity
    Scrolling in the browser is slower. A fast swipe don't scroll as far as it used to...seems more controlled.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    I am still getting the 'Application Updates Are Available' message after updating to 1.4 -- but with none of my apps having any available updates.

Why do I have this feeling that the root cause of this problem is that Sudoku app that used to be free, but is now a paid app that everyone had problems with in the past? E.g -- when checking for updates in the App Catalog, it would tell you there was an update for Sudoku -- even though you had removed it from your phone ages ago. I think now -- the update check thinks Sudoku needs an update, but when it lists your apps -- it isnt there.
    Dang it! Me too!

Have you tried uninstalling the Sudoku app and seeing if it still says you have updates?

I was wondering the same thing about the free beta of MyQ For Netflix I have since there is now a paid version of the same app in the official catalog. I deleted it and it still says I have updates when I don't.
    I am using O2 UK pre with rebelsim. After update to 1.4, my Pre shows I am on roaming. And I can't manual choose network and input my APN setting...........
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I successfully installed 1.4 on Sprint Pre.

All patches updated after running Preware.

However, there were some patches that show as installed but didn't take:

1) Name pages in launcher
    2) Hide Nascar app
    3) Hide NFL app
    4) Might be of no consequence here but my PreLoad app no longer works.

How about the rest of you out there?

Any solutions?
    There are 60+ patches listed in Preware as "Unavailable".

They include things like:

"Delete From Notification"
    "Enable Landscape Email"
    "Enable Vibration (in calculator)"
    "Haptic Feedback Manager"
    "New Card Per Convo"
    "Show Download Count (in app store)"
    vibrate length changes
    and hiding any apps.

Here's hoping the list will greatly diminish this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    I am using O2 UK pre with rebelsim. After update to 1.4, my Pre shows I am on roaming. And I can't manual choose network and input my APN setting...........
    Same problem here. Using a Rebel SIM O2 Pre in India on Airtel. It shows 'roaming' now.

I called up Airtel and they said that my phone is not on roaming though, and roaming charges are not being applied.

Anyone find a solution to this?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    There are 60+ patches listed in Preware as "Unavailable".

They include things like:

"Delete From Notification"
    "Enable Landscape Email"
    "Enable Vibration (in calculator)"
    "Haptic Feedback Manager"
    "New Card Per Convo"
    "Show Download Count (in app store)"
    vibrate length changes
    and hiding any apps.

Here's hoping the list will greatly diminish this week.
    I saw that but I didn't see one for named launcher pages. Hopefully not just me with this problem.
    There seems to still be a memory leak when it comes to 3D games. I tried opening Asphalt 5 and Assassin's Creed while messaging app was running but no dice.

Nothing minor but it would've been nice to have that issue resolved so people can see just how powerful and entertaining the Pre can be =)
    I am, therefore I think
    Re patch issue, according to the people over at webos-internals they still have patches to port over.
    Last edited by pumpa; 02/27/2010 at 04:10 AM.
    Absolutely mental Depeche Mode fan since 1988, iPhone themer, app UI design, PM me for anything graphics-wise.
    Only issue i've encountered is if an app in the catalog doesnt have a youtube video, tapping the area where the video would be still opens youtube.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Have you tried uninstalling the Sudoku app and seeing if it still says you have updates?

Thats the problem... It was one of those apps that started out free -- but is now a paid version.. I deleted it ages ago - but it still seems to be stuck in my Palm Profile... I'd pay the stupid 2.99 for the app if I knew it would make this problem go away -- but I cant be certain that is what its from.
    All memos are gone after update. anyone else have this problem?
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Dang it! Me too!

I was wondering the same thing about the free beta of MyQ For Netflix I have since there is now a paid version of the same app in the official catalog. I deleted it and it still says I have updates when I don't.
    OK I had the same problem before DLing the update, except it was for Cell Stalker that was free in the Official App Catalog but noticed it's now $4.99?? So I doctored mine first before DLing the update and do not have this issue anymore???
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot1 View Post
    I successfully installed 1.4 on Sprint Pre.

All patches updated after running Preware.

However, there were some patches that show as installed but didn't take:

1) Name pages in launcher
    2) Hide Nascar app
    3) Hide NFL app
    4) Might be of no consequence here but my PreLoad app no longer works.

How about the rest of you out there?

Any solutions?
    Check out the description for those patches.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567 12 52 ... LastLast