Page 19 of 96 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    Update had failed for me earlier on.

WebOS Doctor worked a treat and I'm up an going with 1.4. All looking good so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    my web browser isn't working properly. I got a feeling it has to do with some of my patches so i'll update once i find the cultprit(s)

update: apparently i'm late... it was the multipatch screwing things up
    i had the same issue. thanks to those who noticed the multipatch issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by jvwvu View Post
    Same thing here, finally got it to load now its stuck on downloading feed information. I like the pre but we have 3 of these and 1 pixi. If this keeps up next time I wont get one.
    You do realize that Preware is not an officially supported app? This has nothing to do with your phone. If you choose to use homebrew apps and patches, then you also must willing to accept that there will be problems sometimes especially when there are software updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
    All memos are gone after update. anyone else have this problem?
    Sorry to hear that. My memos are fine. I think it has something to do with that hideous Packer helmet in your profile picture (just kidding -- Go Bears!)
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    if your phone gets stuck on boot just run webos doctor. its available at palm.com/rom and it uses webos 1.4.

So far there has been no real way to brick a pre and i dont think that has changed.
  6. Evansgw
    anyone tried to watch their uploaded YouTube video??

YouTube can't seem to find the video when I click on the link.
    No - my signature is not working either. I have closed and reopened numerous times and even rebooted, my signature refuses to change from the default "sent from my palm pre."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    I saw that some people were having an issue with the web browser and loading websites. I have a similar issue; all of my bookmarks (I had tons) disappeared and I cannot add any. I can go into websites without an issue, however. Also, my history is blank even after I surf around. Anyone else having these issues? I did an EPR before the update and everything else is fine. Oh, and I am extremely impressed with the new loading transitions and the FPS for the video camera.
    I just restarted my phone and everything is 100% back to normal. All of my bookmarks are back and the history is appearing just fine. I think everyone is getting these different issues right now because of the update (in some weird way) taking time to load and render. My advice, wait about 30 minutes (after the update) and then restart the phone if you are still having issues and all should be fine. Why do I not think the update has bugs? Because if it were a bug, it would be more persistent and more people would be experiencing very close to the same issue rather than similar issues in different areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Ok, I will do just that then. I was able to upload 2 patches that previously wouldn't upload, so I have hope the others will follow soon.

My browser, preware, games, etc work fine. I also played with the video recorder and that too works fine. The only weird thing is the clock app which shows an empty square. I don't think this is an app you can remove and reinstall, right...since it came on the phone already?
    The empty square icon happens. Not sure why it does but you will notice it go away usually after a reboot or luna reset. I've never had that become a permanent problem. I'm glad things are slowly starting to work for you.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thank you!!! I was going crazy trying to figure it out..i figured it was a patch conflict since my other apps that rely on web worked just fine, include preware..removing that patch solved it...i love precentral!! WOOT

Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    Uinstall the MultiMod Patch form Preware, itīs not working at the moment, it has beend stated before in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    It's not working for me either. Earlier this morning, I read where some other people were having the same problem.
    The developer has a fix, and he said he will post it later today.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Could the problem with Preware be that everyone is pulling on the feeds at the same time?

I am getting the same error with the Precentral feed. It eventually times out and I can get into Preware. I took a screen capture of the error, but I don't have my USB cable with me. I'll upload them later.

Once I'm in Preware, I am getting a lot of IPKG errors with the patch updates. So far it is 50/50 with the 20 patches I have.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I can not believe we have people while updating to 1.4 and finding there is a problem and the first thing they do is REMOVE THE BATTERY!!!! You have got to be kidding me. You have to have patience!! It took over an hour to update. Then when things didn't work ok, I just restarted the phone and things were fine. STOP PANICKING!!!!!!!!

I may have to leave Precentral for a couple days so the idiots can have their say!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jack.shiot View Post
    Hey there.... just something I noticed:

At times when sliding open the device, a "music notes" volume level will appear. I'm wondering how to control this - it seems to freak out and add/detract a volume bar and when I try to change the volume via the side volume toggle switch, it only controls the ringer volume. I'm thinking maybe its something I'm pressing in the action of sliding open the Pre but if so, why would they make it so easy for this is accidentaly stumble upon but still too difficult to control?

Any thoughts?
    This is the reason I am checking this forum today. This is happening to me too and it's frustrating. I hope this can be fixed.
    I finally got my pre booted up and now most of my 3rd party apps is gone.. Can I relog onto my Palm Profile?
    --Marvin
    confirmed...quick contacts just hangs at loading contacts. as an aside, quick contacts lite is working just fine on my wife's pixi.
    treo 650 (dad still uses today!) --> treo 700p --> treo 800w --> htc touchPro2 (HATED IT...30 day return) --> pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Could the problem with Preware be that everyone is pulling on the feeds at the same time?

I am getting the same error with the Precentral feed. It eventually times out and I can get into Preware. I took a screen capture of the error, but I don't have my USB cable with me. I'll upload them later.

Once I'm in Preware, I am getting a lot of IPKG errors with the patch updates. So far it is 50/50 with the 20 patches I have.
    I have not been able to get into Preware today although I had no issues last night after the update. It may be due to traffic. If you do get into preware, check the patches section(not your updates), there is a section called unavailable that has quite a few patches in them. These are patches that have not been updated or are things that have become standard features on the phone. Some of the ipkg errors I got were for patches that were in that section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    anyone tried to watch their uploaded YouTube video??

YouTube can't seem to find the video when I click on the link.
    Mine worked okay.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2258985
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    The problem with IMAP IDLE still exists in 1.4 -- That is, if you have an IMAP account, and receive an email - it will keep displaying the notification on the bottom of the phone even if the message has been read elsewhere and marked as read on the IMAP server -- it will go away if you launch the email app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkster5 View Post
    confirmed...quick contacts just hangs at loading contacts. as an aside, quick contacts lite is working just fine on my wife's pixi.
    The developer said that a fix will be out later today.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2259577