Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
    My phone is still checking for updates, OMG!!!

I've restarted, battery pulled and still nothing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    If I change anything on a video I try to upload to YouTube it fails the upload for some reason. Anyone else encounter this? If I leave it as default, which is basically the date, it works though.
    Confirmed. Tried to upload a video I renamed and gave a discription to, instant fail on uploading, retrying failed. Recorded another clip, changed nothing on it, YT upload works fine...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    OK - have the browser not working issue. Uninstalled all patches (including multi-mod) and it still is not working. Did a full erase on the phone, still not working.

Is my last resort webOS doctor? I am hesitant because last time I ran the doctor it did not remove any of my patches and I had the same problem as before. Now I cannot run the EPR either as I get an IPKG error.

ARGH!!!!!
    If my pre is stuck on the boot screen and I webos doctor.. Will that fix it or is my pre just messed up for good?
    --Marvin
    If you are having the problem with all your downloaded apps missing

1. Backup your data
    2. Go to Device Information
    3. Hit Reset Options
    4. Hit Erase Apps and Data

I did this and after the reset, I am back with all the apps downloading as they should minus the Sodoku app, which appears to be the issue.

Hope this works for anyone else still having this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentkala View Post
    So my phone seems to be fine.
    I am annoyed because Preware is not working for me.
    I removed it from my phone and went to WebOS quick install to try and install it again on my phone but when i click the blue arrow it gives me an "error downloading package feed" alert.
    Now I cant even get Preware back on the phone.
    What the heck?
    Same thing here, finally got it to load now its stuck on downloading feed information. I like the pre but we have 3 of these and 1 pixi. If this keeps up next time I wont get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mejifair View Post
    My web browser stopped working, anybody else? I click a card and the address shows up in the bar but then never opens the site. This is the same if I manually type in the address as well.

I have tried restarting Luna, restarting the phone and taking out the battery and restarting.

Anybody else having this issue?

Edit: Nevermind, found the comment about multi-mod. Will try uninstalling now.
    I don't use patches and I'm having this same issue.

This is a huge problem.
    Need for Speed videos play rotated clockwise. The game plays rotated counter clockwise. I prefer the volume control on top (rotated clockwise).
    Quote Originally Posted by trentkala View Post
    So my phone seems to be fine.
    I am annoyed because Preware is not working for me.
    I removed it from my phone and went to WebOS quick install to try and install it again on my phone but when i click the blue arrow it gives me an "error downloading package feed" alert.
    Now I cant even get Preware back on the phone.
    What the heck?
    I'm having the same problem. Can't get Preware to work after the 1.4.
    Video and audio are slightly off in recording. bummer
    I am sorry to be asking so many questions (but I do thank anyone who answers me, I really appreciate it when people try and help). For the life of me I can't find the patch that resets it so your applications go to the first page and to the top when you restart them.

Can anyone remind where to find that patch?

Also, my clock app no longer has a picture, just an empty square. How do I fix that?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post

This is a huge problem.
    I removed all of my patches and am having the same problem still!!!!!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    YAHTZEE!!!!! Here's what I did:

1) I tried to update Preware on the phone, wouldn't do it ota. My own fault for not updating my wife's phone from 9.26 to 9.28. But at least I remembered to delete her theme, lol!
    2) Updated to the latest version of WebOS QI 3.02
    3) Deleted the existing version of Preware on her phone
    4) Re-installed both Preware and Package Manager Service via QOSQI
    5) I'm still getting a timeout error on one of the feeds but everything else looks to be working perfectly via Preware.

I hope this helps others
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    I love the pre. I signed up for 5 new lines 30 days ago, and I got 3 Hero's for 3 of my sons and a Moment for my 4th son. I chose the pre for myself because I love the slide-out keyboard and the touchstone. I have played with my sons phones, and while I like some of their features, I am unwilling to give up the keyboard that slides out on the bottom. Love it.

If all this is a software issue that will take some frustration and persistence I would much prefer to keep this pre.
    Well keep the Pre and stock up on some patience. Even though now it seems like a hassle and fixing the issue might seem like another hassle, I'm sure your Pre will back to the state you enjoy sooner than later. I've had this phone since launch day and have been dealing with homebrew since that became an option(soon after launch day) and I too have had some times of frustration by choosing to not have my Pre in "standard' form. I'm sure as the day goes on there will be some tangible help that will come your way besides besides just wait and be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post

This is a huge problem.
    Oh, uh... after over an hour of having this problem, it went away on it's own.

How very odd.
    I don't use any preware or any other custom modification with my Pre. The update, while overall is great, still has a couple of issues.

Sending text message videos, even from Pre to Pre, have to be very short otherwise the recieving phone won't be able to open the file. Trying to send anything over 10 seconds in this manner will prove pointless, send it to an email address instead.

I'm always been able to do online banking through my phone with my local credit union. This functionality has been lost with the update although I don't have the same issue logging into my credit card account with a nation-wide bank. Not sure what I can do about it but it is a downside to an otherwise fantastic update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Well keep the Pre and stock up on some patience. Even though now it seems like a hassle and fixing the issue might seem like another hassle, I'm sure your Pre will back to the state you enjoy sooner than later. I've had this phone since launch day and have been dealing with homebrew since that became an option(soon after launch day) and I too have had some times of frustration by choosing to not have my Pre in "standard' form. I'm sure as the day goes on there will be some tangible help that will come your way besides besides just wait and be patient.
    Ok, I will do just that then. I was able to upload 2 patches that previously wouldn't upload, so I have hope the others will follow soon.

My browser, preware, games, etc work fine. I also played with the video recorder and that too works fine. The only weird thing is the clock app which shows an empty square. I don't think this is an app you can remove and reinstall, right...since it came on the phone already?
    I saw that some people were having an issue with the web browser and loading websites. I have a similar issue; all of my bookmarks (I had tons) disappeared and I cannot add any. I can go into websites without an issue, however. Also, my history is blank even after I surf around. Anyone else having these issues? I did an EPR before the update and everything else is fine. Oh, and I am extremely impressed with the new loading transitions and the FPS for the video camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdvike View Post
    I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I am having an issue with Quick Contacts not opening. Has anyone else seen this issue? Any ideas?
    It's not working for me either. Earlier this morning, I read where some other people were having the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Ok, I will do just that then. I was able to upload 2 patches that previously wouldn't upload, so I have hope the others will follow soon.

My browser, preware, games, etc work fine. I also played with the video recorder and that too works fine. The only weird thing is the clock app which shows an empty square. I don't think this is an app you can remove and reinstall, right...since it came on the phone already?
    That happened to me in the last patch a couple of times last week with different apps. After a restart though, the blank squares returned to the original application icon.