Page 17 of 96 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 27 67 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    What happens when you use the Dr.? You said it doesn't work but exactly how is it not working?
    I run the doctor and it says it works, but upon reboot it just sticks with a non pulsing palm logo forever.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Other than being unable to send a 6 sec video via text because of a size limit, my phone is so slow. I'm lucky if I can open 3 apps without gettiing the low memory message. Once the memory is low the camera app won't load. Restarts seem to take longer. I also noticed the battey dies faster. I hope Palm is working on 1.4.1 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    I get kind of the same thing.
    I start recording a video.
    A text message comes through.
    Video recording stops.
    Screen switches to a camera icon; application does nothing.
    Going into card view then going back into the application:
    - *sometimes* makes the application work again and
    - *sometimes* makes the application almost work except the video capture sees nothing, in which case going into card view then going back into the application a second time fixes this.

I don't get switched back into camera mode, however.
    Sorry, I meant I get switched to a camera icon and NOT the camera mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcball View Post
    After installing, I have a black screen that says palm.com/ROM
    Uh yeah, me too. ***? And that address doesn't lead anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    I guess what confuses me is that other people got it to work (like the 4x4 patch), but I keep getting an error. I says it cannot find any of the patches I am trying to download. Can that be an issue of too many people trying?

I wouldn't freak out so much but seeing that today is day 30 of my phone, any exchange for a new phone would have to happen today.
    Well how else do you feel about the phone? All of us who choose to use homebrew deal with frustrations from that decision some of the time which is the trade off for 95% of the time things working great. Unfortunately software updates can sometimes be tricky times when using things like patches and preware. I can only tell you that your problems will most likely be solved soon. If there are other issues with phone in its "standard" state that you do not like, I would advise you to return your phone and find one that you would enjoy more. There is no reason to stay with a device that you are on the fence about but I hope there are other issues besides homebrew that is making you consider this decision.
    I'm having an odd browser issue that I don't believe is patch related, since I don't use any patches for the browser. The website <m.nytimes.com> will not scroll. Whatever links are visible will work, but no pages will scroll. Just me?

EDIT: I see other people are having this issue ... not just me.
    Last edited by derhooner; 02/27/2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: I read the last page of posts ...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Anyone having problems receiving emails with EAS. Sending is no problem, just will not download new messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack.shiot View Post
    Hey there.... just something I noticed:

At times when sliding open the device, a "music notes" volume level will appear. I'm wondering how to control this - it seems to freak out and add/detract a volume bar and when I try to change the volume via the side volume toggle switch, it only controls the ringer volume. I'm thinking maybe its something I'm pressing in the action of sliding open the Pre but if so, why would they make it so easy for this is accidentaly stumble upon but still too difficult to control?

Any thoughts?
    Same problem here. Touching the gesture area will make volume indicator show and remove 1 bar. letting go will add it back. Seems like a definite bug. I can't wait until Monday when I need to make business calls! That will be fun.
    Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> Pre 100 EWW
    Well I just tried to send a video via mms to another Sprint phone (Samsung Rant) and they could not play the video.They told me it said "M32 general playback error"
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    You may want to update your desktop player--mines working great on emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    The Terminal app causes a Luna restart on launch. Not a concern of mine.
    Same thing here. Launched Terminal, and it sat on the new app launch splash page for a long time in an unresponsive state - even ignored power button held down. I went to remove the battery, and Luna restarted. Not sure whether this just happened by itself, or starting to remove the cover temporarily broke the power connection.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davemcgrail View Post
    *Recovered all the patches I care about! Everything seems to be working a titty bit faster.

Only problem so far - Has anyone tried emailing a video yet? I just tried it and it opened as an audio only mp4.

Mine is working great sending and playing off an email--try upgrading your desktop client.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Same here. It does that with any patch I am trying to reinstall (even the 4x4). If anyone has a suggestion other than 'wait', I would appreciate it a lot.
    Malyshka, I found out that there's a newer version of WebOS QI than what I was trying to use. I was trying to use 3.01. There's a 3.02 now. I was able to successfully update my wife's Pre to the latest version of Preware via that. I'll see if that fixes her issues and allows me to work on the patches and such.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    If I change anything on a video I try to upload to YouTube it fails the upload for some reason. Anyone else encounter this? If I leave it as default, which is basically the date, it works though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    I can understand what you're saying. I am getting my phone working just fine, my wife's has been problematic. It's inconsistently consistent
    the order in which you install the patches are different? Sometimes you have to remove all patches in the category and then remove the problem patch. Then you can put them back.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    So my phone seems to be fine.
    I am annoyed because Preware is not working for me.
    I removed it from my phone and went to WebOS quick install to try and install it again on my phone but when i click the blue arrow it gives me an "error downloading package feed" alert.
    Now I cant even get Preware back on the phone.
    What the heck?
    I saw that an update was available so i downloaded EPR to prepare. The download was a success, but since it restarted my Pre, it has been stuck on the boot screen for about 30 minutes...should i pull the battery? I've never had this happen after installing something.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    mine was frozen for about an hour. I did pull the battery and now it won't reboot.
    Igor987 - The update took over an hour. It specifically stated do not remove batteries. Your Pre is gone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Well how else do you feel about the phone? All of us who choose to use homebrew deal with frustrations from that decision some of the time which is the trade off for 95% of the time things working great. Unfortunately software updates can sometimes be tricky times when using things like patches and preware. I can only tell you that your problems will most likely be solved soon. If there are other issues with phone in its "standard" state that you do not like, I would advise you to return your phone and find one that you would enjoy more. There is no reason to stay with a device that you are on the fence about but I hope there are other issues besides homebrew that is making you consider this decision.
    I love the pre. I signed up for 5 new lines 30 days ago, and I got 3 Hero's for 3 of my sons and a Moment for my 4th son. I chose the pre for myself because I love the slide-out keyboard and the touchstone. I have played with my sons phones, and while I like some of their features, I am unwilling to give up the keyboard that slides out on the bottom. Love it.

If all this is a software issue that will take some frustration and persistence I would much prefer to keep this pre.
    My phone is still checking for updates, OMG!!!