Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 1902
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    Go into each one individually, hit uninstall, don't do the restart when prompted, and you'll have an install button pop up. This "should" work.
    I already had all of mine uninstalled. I do not have any patches right now, but am trying to put them back on. None of them work.
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by derhooner View Post
    You don't see anything because it's white text on a white background (if you are having the same issue that I did). Go into the Image tab of the Preferences and click the "Restore Default Wallpaper" button.
    THANKS--don't know when (if) I would have thought of that.
  3. #303  
    i upgraded and now my camera or video recorder doesn't work. it pops up but it jus shows a blank screen and and when i try to take a picture it says unable to take picture..

    any suggestion?
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    Update**

    Multi-mod patch for browser breaks browser. at least it happened on my pre. i removed it and browser now works fine. added it again and broken again..
    Same here. Was pretty freaked when the browser wasn't working. Thanks!
  5. Lasu's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    #305  
    Is anyone having an issue UNINSTALLING patches in order to install WebOS 1.4.0?

    I had several patches installed via Quick Install... I booted up QuickInstall, went to Tools < Tweaks, and ran the EPR... Luna restarted... Patches remain.

    I cannot get them off! I have tried a regular restart, another luna restart, another EPR...! Help?
  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Same here. It does that with any patch I am trying to reinstall (even the 4x4). If anyone has a suggestion other than 'wait', I would appreciate it a lot.
    Unfortunately "Wait" IS the only valid suggestion. Preware is hammered right now.
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Same here. It does that with any patch I am trying to reinstall (even the 4x4). If anyone has a suggestion other than 'wait', I would appreciate it a lot.

    While wait is a frustrating answer to your issues, it is probably the best advice. These issues will be worked out but the people that work on these are not paid to do so. It is the weekend and they may be out and about, asleep(since some are in different parts of the world), or are aware of the issues and spending time trying to work on them rather than trying to answer all the issues that are appearing in these threads. Patience is essential when you decide to use homebrew. I'm sorry this might not help your situation but it is the truth of the matter. I think the best way to show gratitude to these people is to give them your patience and/or a donation while they work on these issues. They spend their freetime trying to make things better for the rest of us and ask us for nothing.
  8. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt_Reynolds View Post
    I've got one last issue to report and then I'm going to bed. For some reason, the New York Times mobile website will not scroll...

    Strangest thing, every other website I've tried thus far has scrolled just fine, only New York Times mobile.

    Good night all!
    Confirmed. m.nytimes.com will not scroll.
  9. #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Confirmed. m.nytimes.com will not scroll.
    +1
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasu View Post
    Is anyone having an issue UNINSTALLING patches in order to install WebOS 1.4.0?

    I had several patches installed via Quick Install... I booted up QuickInstall, went to Tools < Tweaks, and ran the EPR... Luna restarted... Patches remain.

    I cannot get them off! I have tried a regular restart, another luna restart, another EPR...! Help?
    Ironically, you don't need to uninstall any patches anymore. Not as long as you've updated them in the past few weeks.

    That said, the multimod patch for the browser is confirmed broken, but it uninstalls clean.
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    While wait is a frustrating answer to your issues, it is probably the best advice. These issues will be worked out but the people that work on these are not paid to do so. It is the weekend and they may be out and about, asleep(since some are in different parts of the world), or are aware of the issues and spending time trying to work on them rather than trying to answer all the issues that are appearing in these threads. Patience is essential when you decide to use homebrew. I'm sorry this might not help your situation but it is the truth of the matter. I think the best way to show gratitude to these people is to give them your patience and/or a donation while they work on these issues. They spend their freetime trying to make things better for the rest of us and ask us for nothing.
    I guess what confuses me is that other people got it to work (like the 4x4 patch), but I keep getting an error. I says it cannot find any of the patches I am trying to download. Can that be an issue of too many people trying?

    I wouldn't freak out so much but seeing that today is day 30 of my phone, any exchange for a new phone would have to happen today.
  12. #312  
    Everything seems to be working fine within 1.4, except:

    My browser is randomly defaulting to Spanish. Meaning, when I go to google.com it's the spanish language version. I do not know any other sites that automatically sense language settings, so I can't test further.

    I've tried clearing cookies and cache, and checked my regional settings... any ideas?
  13. rcgaryk's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasu View Post
    Is anyone having an issue UNINSTALLING patches in order to install WebOS 1.4.0?

    I had several patches installed via Quick Install... I booted up QuickInstall, went to Tools < Tweaks, and ran the EPR... Luna restarted... Patches remain.

    I cannot get them off! I have tried a regular restart, another luna restart, another EPR...! Help?
    Wait, you're getting QOSQI to work??? I cannot access any of the feeds
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by electrical1213 View Post
    open up the launcher, then go to screen lock and scroll all the way down to blink notifications and turn it on..
    Missed call notifications still has a bug. If you have a simple PIN lock set up, a missed call (with no voicemail) will not cause the LED to blink until you wake up the screen.

    Once you wake up the screen, the LED starts to blink but by that time you already see the missed call notification on the screen so it's kind of useless.

    I believe it works correctly if someone leaves a voicemail.
  15. rcgaryk's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    I guess what confuses me is that other people got it to work (like the 4x4 patch), but I keep getting an error. I says it cannot find any of the patches I am trying to download. Can that be an issue of too many people trying?

    I wouldn't freak out so much but seeing that today is day 30 of my phone, any exchange for a new phone would have to happen today.
    I can understand what you're saying. I am getting my phone working just fine, my wife's has been problematic. It's inconsistently consistent
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
  16. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    I stand corrected, it is in the the change log! Sprint probably didn't approve that...
    it's working for others it was working for me but now idk y it went away!
  17. #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGreatness View Post
    i upgraded and now my camera or video recorder doesn't work. it pops up but it jus shows a blank screen and and when i try to take a picture it says unable to take picture..

    any suggestion?
    I was having that problem too until I did a complete restart of my pre
  18. #318  
    Hey there.... just something I noticed:

    At times when sliding open the device, a "music notes" volume level will appear. I'm wondering how to control this - it seems to freak out and add/detract a volume bar and when I try to change the volume via the side volume toggle switch, it only controls the ringer volume. I'm thinking maybe its something I'm pressing in the action of sliding open the Pre but if so, why would they make it so easy for this is accidentaly stumble upon but still too difficult to control?

    Any thoughts?
  19. dsevil's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I've noticed that if you are recording a video and a txt message comes through, it will stop the recording and automatically switch back to the camera. That's wack!
    I get kind of the same thing.
    I start recording a video.
    A text message comes through.
    Video recording stops.
    Screen switches to a camera icon; application does nothing.
    Going into card view then going back into the application:
    - *sometimes* makes the application work again and
    - *sometimes* makes the application almost work except the video capture sees nothing, in which case going into card view then going back into the application a second time fixes this.

    I don't get switched back into camera mode, however.

    UPDATE: did the doctor since I've been having a few other issues here and there. Problem solved.
    Last edited by dsevil; 03/02/2010 at 04:38 PM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

    I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
  20. #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmeister_1 View Post
    Which patch caused the issue?
    It was the 4 X 4 icon patch. It was an early patch I put on and not sure if if it was aupt or not. All other patches updated fine and no current issues

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions