Page 14 of 96 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Posted this elsewhere before I noticed this thread. I am getting the following errors using WOSQI on both my Pres. Happening both with Tweaks and the online repository. Also having issues accessing Preware on my phones, taking forever and timing out. I've verified both phones are in Dev mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    I am unable to reinstall any of my patches. It says it cannot find any of them.....

Says: cannot find package.

What can I do to to fix this?
    wait?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

How do i Activate the Pre Button in gesture area so it blinks????
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I am unable to reinstall any of my patches. It says it cannot find any of them.....

Says: cannot find package.

What can I do to to fix this?
    What version of Preware are you on? Should be 0.9.28 or 29 I believe. I updated mine before 1.4 but forgot to do the wife's. Once I updated to the latest version of Preware it seems to see all the patches, however it is taking for-freaking-ever to connect to the servers
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just4v20 View Post
    its on by default...it goes off for email( unless u have the patch that disables that) text and phone calls missed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wait?
    Wait for what?

TOday is my last day of my 30 day......am tempted to return it.

This is more hassle than I am willing to put up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    What version of Preware are you on? Should be 0.9.28 or 29 I believe. I updated mine before 1.4 but forgot to do the wife's. Once I updated to the latest version of Preware it seems to see all the patches, however it is taking for-freaking-ever to connect to the servers
    I am on the latest version (28 I think, had just updated it a few days ago).
    Last edited by Malyshka; 02/27/2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Wait for what?

TOday is my last day of my 30 day......am tempted to return it.

This is more hassle than I am willing to put up with.
    then return it....this is homebrew...so u wait or u can return it...simple as that
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Well it was worth the wait. video recording works great. I only wish that precentral would not post rumors...just wait til the release and then post something...now my pre
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I am on the latest version (29 I think, had just updated it a few days ago).
    Ok, that's good. On my wife's phone it's saying it's fixing 82 unknown packages now that I just updated it to the latest version. But it was showing all her patches and that they need updating...

Curious, I wonder if just EPRing my phone wouldn't have been faster in the long run?
    then return it....this is homebrew...so u wait or u can return it...simple as that
    Do other people have have issues with all of their patches? I thought that patches were fixed automatically with this AUPT thing, or am I misunderstanding that? I tried most of the patches that I can remember, but none of them will reinstall right now.

If it is an issue of waiting, I can do that, but if it is because of an error that will take fixing beyond that I would rather get a new phone now.
    Stupid Palm, no wonder your stock is going to zero. After the update it just sits at palm logo (like many others on here). I used webos doctor (three times with different versions). No change. This is such crap, gimme a break. I got the Pre for me and my wife and have had nothing but problems with both (different problems in each).

Any help on this? I think I've tried everything I know.
    uhhh u shouldve waited...it took me an hour overall to update...
    !! That's not helpful okay. I freaking waited. Many times! Come on the forum and say, 'uhh you should have waited'. Waited for what I waited overnight. And then have been working for hours trying webos doctor and waiting on the palm logo screen. So shut it if you don't have something helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just4v20 View Post
    open up the launcher, then go to screen lock and scroll all the way down to blink notifications and turn it on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    It was not necessary to remove patches, but the theme needed to be removed. The preware developers are telling everyone that updated with a theme that they need to doctor the phone (that in essence means to reformat the phone's hard drive.)

Before doing that you could try to restore the theme from Webos Quick install. Connect the phone to your computer and load quick install. Then select tools, then themer. Next select Revert to Default. Maybe that will work, but if it doesn't you might need to doctor the phone.
    Thanks for trying to help out. I did the revert and it said it was removed. But it didn't. So the Doctor just visited me.
    call duration is supposed to be standard now in the call right? It isn't showing up in my phone app
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoc View Post
    Anybody run into this one?

I installed 1.4, all seemed well.. After a while phone started up and I headed to Preware to update patches... As soon as the Preware main menu came up, my touchscreen stopped responding. The phone was literally functioning fine otherwise... The center button worked, and I could even run applications (quite responsively) by typing their names in to search for them... But no touch sensitivity on the screen at all. Rebooting right now to try again.
    Okay, after 2 failures to reboot I'm now back in it, updating patches.. Only issue I've got right now is that Preware keeps timing out trying to download patch updates, but I'd imagine that's probably because tons of people are using Preware right now.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkila View Post
    My remix opens, but displays no text. If I select an album, it opens, tells me what it is, and plays. Anyone else have this problem?
    You don't see anything because it's white text on a white background (if you are having the same issue that I did). Go into the Image tab of the Preferences and click the "Restore Default Wallpaper" button.
    Can anyone tell me if their 4x4 patch works after the update?
    Am I the only one with a browser problem? I can't open anything from the web application or from my bookmarks... suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by midknightr View Post
    Stupid Palm, no wonder your stock is going to zero. After the update it just sits at palm logo (like many others on here). I used webos doctor (three times with different versions). No change. This is such crap, gimme a break. I got the Pre for me and my wife and have had nothing but problems with both (different problems in each).

Any help on this? I think I've tried everything I know.
    What happens when you use the Dr.? You said it doesn't work but exactly how is it not working?