Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 21 61 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Noah View Post
    I have this exact same problem, any fix?
    WebOS QI won't recognize the phone and neither will my computer. Hope someone has some good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre1 View Post
    it may not allow a blank signature so it re-inserts the default signature. i would try deleting and entering some spaces or maybe a single dash and see if that works.
    Deleting the default signature (sent from my Palm Pre) and putting a space in there, fixes this.
    Is anyone else experiencing very slow app load times under 1.4?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    all my apps are gone but still on the phone what i mean is i cant launch anything but all the games are still in the memory now i have to delete everything and re download 10 3d games it going to take forever. im not to happy
    After todays update my theme is locked and not avail at all under preware. How can I delete it?
    2 hours and it still stuck on the palm logo!!!
    --Marvin
    Try by restarting the phone. It work for me.....
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    anyone know if the terminus app works?
    On my sprint Pre, Terminal crashes Luna. Terminus DOES WORK.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    i installed 1.4...but have no video recording capability whatsoever..what gives?
    Palm knows you are a freaky pron director and disabled it for you ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyRuiz25 View Post
    I was wiping my pre clean of fingerprints when i realized it was off, i never shut it down, but when i turned it on again it reebooted much faster then the 2 minutes it normally takes, hope this was an improvement palm made this time round,
    though im nervous bout it shuting down on its own
    I noticed my is booting faster as well. A pleasant side effect I must say.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    I am still getting the 'Application Updates Are Available' message after updating to 1.4 -- but with none of my apps having any available updates.

Why do I have this feeling that the root cause of this problem is that Sudoku app that used to be free, but is now a paid app that everyone had problems with in the past? E.g -- when checking for updates in the App Catalog, it would tell you there was an update for Sudoku -- even though you had removed it from your phone ages ago. I think now -- the update check thinks Sudoku needs an update, but when it lists your apps -- it isnt there.
    Did you see the update to 1.4 with the app updates are available? I was thinking that if I have that bug I wouldn't be able to see the 1.4 update.
    Videos are named indentically to jpgs and are numbered skipping to lowest available file #. When importing older identically named files are lost! I'm using picassa to import from usb. Picassa won't import mpg4. What can I change to make this work.
    My Pre has been stuck in the 'Install Update Do not remove battery' since last night (hours and hours). I don't have any patches installed. Anyone have any suggestions where to proceed from here? I'm on the line with Sprint but I have a feeling I'll have better luck consulting with a group of monkeys instead. Thanks for any help...
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker2k View Post
    After todays update my theme is locked and not avail at all under preware. How can I delete it?
    You could build a time machine to go back and heed the 10 million warnings to remove the theme before the update, or take your phone to the doctor and start over. Your choice. If you updated with the theme installed, you will not be able to remove it, or install other themes over it.
    So I should have came here are read up before I did the update. I didn't think about removing my theme and patches. Now how can I fix this? Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    You could build a time machine to go back and heed the 10 million warnings to remove the theme before the update, or take your phone to the doctor and start over. Your choice. If you updated with the theme installed, you will not be able to remove it, or install other themes over it.
    <~~~ See my post count...I'm one of those ******* that just installed things and played around. Forgive my moroness, but what does the phone doctor mean? Oh ya, I made up my own word.
    I have got a problem if any one can help. I installed 1.4 without any problems. Then went to update my patches and got a ipkg log error. Now I cannot even preware to open. Anyone got a suggestion on this

Update: I got this issue resolved. I found which patch was causing the problem and removed it and so far so good updating the other patches.
    Last edited by fonefanatic; 02/27/2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: update
    Themes aren't completely removing from my phone. Anyone else have the same problem? And if so how do I fix this?
    So I should have came here are read up before I did the update. I didn't think about removing my theme and patches. Now how can I fix this? Anyone know?
    It was not necessary to remove patches, but the theme needed to be removed. The preware developers are telling everyone that updated with a theme that they need to doctor the phone (that in essence means to reformat the phone's hard drive.)

Before doing that you could try to restore the theme from Webos Quick install. Connect the phone to your computer and load quick install. Then select tools, then themer. Next select Revert to Default. Maybe that will work, but if it doesn't you might need to doctor the phone.
    "take phone to the doctor" = use webos doctor to refresh phone to factory state then reinstall theme. Just search for "webos doctor".