Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    AHHH! my install is at 52.354% and taking FOREVER (or i am impatient) oh well it will be here soon!
    Motorola i920 --> Motorola Q9c --> HTC Mogul --> T-Mobile Wing --> Palm Pre

All work phones! All free! Doesn't keep me from hacking the out of every single one of them!!
    if you like, move quickly with the camcorder on, does it mess up sound or video quality at all? like, does it catch everything still? hopefully you understand my question.
    Check out my buddy's music on MySpace!

http://www.myspace.com/rstboys
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    BTW, the dang thing unhid all of the bogus apps again (as it always does). Grrr. Oh well, no biggie.

I don't see a recorder app anywhere (as posted in a screenshot elsewhere), but the camera has a switch...with a really weird icon...to toggle between pictures and video.
    Why would it have a recorder app? The other screenshots the guy had precorder which is the homebrew video recorder. The Palm video recorder is in the Camera app.

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Downloading First! Suck it *******!
    Seriously dude? Try reading the thread once in a while...
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    A little more than 50% now. First 25% went quick. How large is the file? The updater didn't say.
    I believe the packed file was 39Mb. The unpack process is almost as slow as the download this time around.
    YEY its DONE. is it just me or did we get a new camera icon?
    Yay, downloading slowly...
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    installing update now. I'm so excited to check out the video!!
    Running 1.4 now and loading Preware to update my patches...
    Install, and updating my patches
    this reboot is taking forever. does it reinstall all my apps or something?
    Mine refused to boot. I didnt uninstall patches or anything.
    I guess I gotta call the Doctor...
    chuck, just wait, mine did that for about 3-4 minutes then started pulsing, pulsed for about 3 minutes then got the main screen!!!
    Last edited by jakelaw; 02/27/2010 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Why would it have a recorder app? The other screenshots the guy had precorder which is the homebrew video recorder. The Palm video recorder is in the Camera app.

-Toaster
    Ahh...I missed that. I thought it might be like the old Treo...with two apps - one for the camera and one for video recording...even though you could launch either one and toggle to the other. Selecting one or the other was just a convenience to start in the desired mode.

Oh well, either way, I was mostly looking forward to everything *other* than video...and can't wait to see Flash at some point. I'm tired of seeing lego bricks on web pages...and can't wait to rib my iPhone buddies when we get it.
    its 2:37 in Phila and I'm done dl, unpacking and installing. Took forever to restart. playing with the video now, works great
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Caz View Post
    if you like, move quickly with the camcorder on, does it mess up sound or video quality at all? like, does it catch everything still? hopefully you understand my question.
    I just tested what you said. I was spinning in my chair and moving the phone all around in my hand while talking to it and it recorded all audio and video with it.

Ofcourse with fast movement there is going to be distortion. There wasnt actually tearing. I'd call it "bending".
  17. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Faster, application updates available (when they are not) glitch still there... more info to come
    Got to say, the new splash screen really is nice. It gives you some positive feedback for clicking an app...and lets you know that something is happening. It's a small thing, but a nice addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prelude Ron View Post
    I just tested what you said. I was spinning in my chair and moving the phone all around in my hand while talking to it and it recorded all audio and video with it.

Ofcourse with fast movement there is going to be distortion. There wasnt actually tearing. I'd call it "bending".
    Thank you...thats great to hear
    Check out my buddy's music on MySpace!

http://www.myspace.com/rstboys
    Here's low light video:

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast