Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627
    Is anyone else experiencing automatic reboots? It happens at least once a day, don't know if it's because of the patches, but it happens and it's annoying.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelangelo75 View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing automatic reboots? It happens at least once a day, don't know if it's because of the patches, but it happens and it's annoying.
    I can honestly say my Pre has never automatically rebooted. I suspect this is being caused by an app you've installed and is not a problem with webOS.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I can honestly say my Pre has never automatically rebooted. I suspect this is being caused by an app you've installed and is not a problem with webOS.
    Ditto: My Pre has never rebooted on it's own.

FYI: to resolve issues with APPS or patches which you "forgot" to remove prior to the latest update you can run WEbOS Doctor 2.9 with MOST RECENT, 1.4.0 Sprint WebOS version file on Sprint phones, not tested on any other carrier, and remove all of the troubled items, revert your themes back to the standard theme and clean up your troubles.

Once you do that, however, you will have to wait for Palm to update WebOS 1.4 to a new version before you will be able to restore a lot of your lost items.

Be patient, people! Palm and the WebOS developers are doing a great job. We're far ahead of the curve that was experienced by the iPhone users, and have had significantly fewer problems - with the exception of those we brought upon ourselves.

I've worked in technology for more than 38 years [started with IBM mainframes in the 60s] - yeah, I'm old enough to be Gramps to a few of you, and I can honestly say I would not want to be in Palm's developers shoes right now. While not true of everyone, I see a lot of "feature" and "enhancement greed" in these threads.

Be patient. Palm, probably under pressure to boost their bottom line, and maybe, at least partially, under the pressure of "feature greed" - specifically the repeated requests to come up with a video recording option, may have caved under the din of the demands and released 1.4.0 earlier than they would have liked to.

Let's be patient, correct our self-created problems with our Pres, and give Palm a chance to resolve the issues - without any additional pressure from the Pre Community . . .
    I will apply the doctor and download all of the updates and apps. This is going to be a long night. Thanks for the feedback.
    I can see from the other posts here that the Resetting issue is overall worse then it was on the older version of the WebOS. Before the update, when an app would freeze; my phone would lock-up but then come back within a minute or two. Now when apps freeze; my phone resets. So I end up losing whatever I was working on. And the lag from the Lock-Screen is worse. When I'm running an app and press the Power key on accident; when I try and Unlock the screen; my phone will reset.

I honestly don't even see why Palm released the 1.4 update.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/19/2010 at 01:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I honestly don't even see why Palm released the 1.4 update.
    Just to get some buzz going for 1.4.1
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hey can anyone upload videos. I have been trying but will not, just wondering if it's my pre problem or something Palm hasn't gave to the masses yet.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    as of March 19 WiFi on 1.4 is still not working. They sell it as a feature and yet.......
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i only have the problem if i have lot of apps open at the same time it does luna reboot. speaking of witch wonder if i had the pre plus on sprint it would cut down on most of the problems anyone knows how to put a pre plus on sprint?
    If you could put it on sprint it would require some serius hacking if it's possible at all.
    Palm is ferret approved.
    Thanks Chicagonetech... A little positivity makes me feel better. I have some minor issues with my Pixi from Sprint, but it definitely does everything I need it too.

Thanks again for the good words.
    Last edited by jasonmelling; 03/20/2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: just added my phone type
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    Just to get some buzz going for 1.4.1
    I will most likely not upgrade the WebOS until I know what the aftermath of the update will bring. With version 1.4; I couldn't use some of my favorite apps until they were made to work with the update. So when 1.4.1 comes out; I will wait to upgrade.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    as of March 19 WiFi on 1.4 is still not working. They sell it as a feature and yet.......
    My wifi has always worked under 1.4. I am logging into two different networks. One at home, and one at work.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    1.4 has worked wonderfully for me. I thought I'd do a clean install and used WebOS Doctor to wipe the Pre. I have experienced a marked improvement in battery life and have not experienced any of the issues mentioned. Clean installs are always the way to go IMHO.