Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    I personally like the app loading animation and window; it allows me to swipe to my other window and not have to wait for the new app to finish loading to minimize and switch to something else.
    Exactly. I love that about it.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Very pleased with the update. Upgrading was so seamless I performed it while driving to work using my window mount (yes, I know it's dangerous and illegal).. ANYWAY, when I got to the office I started shooting video BECAUSE I COULD..
    To bad video doesn't work with the flash.. Bummer.

I also feel like they're trying to trick me into believing my apps load faster.. The little splashy thingy is nice and makes one feel like the app opened quickly,, but the time before I can ACTUALLY use the app seems the same to me. But then again, I'm am admittedly very much a cynic..

I love my Pre.. But I doubt I'll ever be an early adopter again.. Too time consuming..
    Quote Originally Posted by joyouslyme View Post
    Hello. I did the 1.4 update early Saturday morning. I thought that I read on here that media sync would not show up when I connected with the usb? I still have media sync as one of my options and itunes opened when I selected media sync. I'm on the latest version of itunes (9.0.3).
    Can you use iTunes to sync your songs?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    To bad video doesn't work with the flash.. Bummer.
    There's a patch for that.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    I thought the video editing feature was supposed to allow deleting frames from the middle of a video -- not just the beginning or end? Anyone find a way to do that?
    WAY TO GO PALM.I LUV U.
    The update work perfect in N.Y.
    I'll do my first video
    Haha I guess I am the first to post on this, and I was just about to go to bed.

Last edited by vsharma72; 03/04/2010 at 05:22 AM.
    Am I the only one who thinks this latest 1.4 is junk?

Everything loads so slow. Today, my camera wouldn't even work. I had to reboot the phone and then it was still hesitant.

Also, my battery is SUPER HOT! ***?!

My phone is completely stock, with no ptaches or hacks, so it isn't anything that I've messed with.

I hope a 1.4.1 comes out soon!

-matt mc
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclusk2 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this latest 1.4 is junk?

Everything loads so slow. Today, my camera wouldn't even work. I had to reboot the phone and then it was still hesitant.

Also, my battery is SUPER HOT! ***?!

My phone is completely stock, with no ptaches or hacks, so it isn't anything that I've messed with.

I hope a 1.4.1 comes out soon!

-matt mc
    Please don't post the same comments in more than one thread. It's against forum rules.
    MA checking in and lovin the new features
    Does anyone have an idea when sms per contact will be up and running on new OS?
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    The app loading time is no different...and my battery life was unchanged. It still sucks.

Aside from that its a pretty good update.
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCYAH View Post
    WAY TO GO PALM.I LUV U.
    The update work perfect in N.Y.
    I'll do my first video
    Make sure you share it with us
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Hey All,

wanted to share this quick video I recorded w/ 1.4. My first vid and its pretty damn funny! enjoy. and no i'm not a spam troll. the ability to quickly whip out my pre, and record something on the fly with quality vid and sound was amazing! perfect example.

Last edited by nate14ri; 03/08/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    1.4 really hit it out of the park for me. This is a fantastic upgrade, everything does seem faster, stand-by battery life is way better, and the video is a beautiful bonus.
    I'm very excited about 1.4.0. I hear great things about it. And after a week of saying it's downloading and unpacking, I figure it'll start installing any day now!

Seriously, what is going on? Why am I stuck perpetually unpacking, with the progress bar stuck at 90% unless I "x" it out?

If anyone else has had this problem, or it has been discussed elsewhere, I would really appreciate a pointer.

I want to believe!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i'm thinking of possibly downgrading for a while until 1.4.1, because of stability issues. but i'm reluctatnt, because apart from those issues, i'm pleased by 2 things:

- i haven't had 'too many cards' even ONCE since the update, and i used to get it DAILY.
    - the speed of the photo album is like WARP 9. incredibly fast.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    has anyone noticed that when you open an app it takes a really long time to actually open it? it looks like it is working hard to open.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckholladay21 View Post
    Since 1.4 my speaker won 't work for user initiated sounds, ie: ringtones, music, videos etc. When I have a call come in It rings audible, but as soon as I answer there is no sound. If I put it in speaker it works just fine, but on the phone itself nada? I have tried resetting 4-5 times. I left the battery out all night last night and still nothing... What the heck could be wrong?
    I had up to date preware and had updated all my patches, and removed my theme b4 the update was released.

Any ideas?
    I had the same problem immediately after upgrading to 1.4. i want to try the fix ckholladay21 posted but i don't have any headphones for the phone. I tried to use some regular headphones but of course that did not work. I also tried cleaning out the headphone jack with alcohol and cotton swabs.. that didn't work either.

I'm going to see if I can scare up some cell phone headphones for the pre and see if I can make this work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rifter View Post
    I had the same problem immediately after upgrading to 1.4. i want to try the fix ckholladay21 posted but i don't have any headphones for the phone. I tried to use some regular headphones but of course that did not work. I also tried cleaning out the headphone jack with alcohol and cotton swabs.. that didn't work either.

I'm going to see if I can scare up some cell phone headphones for the pre and see if I can make this work.
    Okay what seems to have worked, in the end, was what someone else suggested in another thread .. I pulled the battery and waited about 10 minutes and then booted up the phone without the back on it (I have a touchstone charger and so have a special backplate for that charger). Now the sounds work fine, and I can test ringtones perfectly. However when I make a call I can barely hear the call, etc. I have the volume turned way up. Honestly this phone is too quiet anyway, which is why I had to download amplified ringtones. But the calls being too quiet is a major issue. I might have to take this phone in, although it was working perfectly before the update and I can't see how a new phone would fix what is clearly a software problem since it was induced by an upgrade to the OS.

By the way I have no homebrew apps or patches on this phone, having webos doctored it to standard awhile back before this upgrade happened.