Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Didnt think that one through.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This update is awesome! Didnt remove patches. All patches updated fine. Phone is super fast now! One small thing i noticed, when you used to hold your finger on a msg box at the bottom it would go blurry, it doesn't do that anymore. Almost sure nobody noticed that lol.
    i also had no apps showing up after using webos doctor 1.4 but then i rebooted the phone and the apps show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tatdler View Post
    Try plugging in headphones, running your music app, then uplugging your headphones.
    Wow! As simple as that was, I plugged them in and it worked... unplugged & nothing cleaned out the jack and I'm back in business. Thanks for the suggestion!!!
    Ever since I downloaded the new update, I have been getting a "too many cards" error popping when I try to open up PreWare. PreWare starts loading the feeds but never finishes and then will restart my phone! Anyone had this problem ot have any idea how to fix it?? I need help!!!
    Can someone with a Sprint Pre tell me if any apps have been added to the app catelog since the 1.4 update? I find it strange that not ONE app has been added to my app catelog since the update and I'm wondering if something went wrong with my update.
    finally a video camera.....
    finally a message indicator flash
    way better battery life....

palm i love you

all joking aside this is the update we were waiting for, such better smoothness, and the phone is like a well oiled machine. dont forget to get rid of all the aps and stuff before you download it or you will run into problems, and also you will run into a much longer download time
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    Can someone with a Sprint Pre tell me if any apps have been added to the app catelog since the 1.4 update? I find it strange that not ONE app has been added to my app catelog since the update and I'm wondering if something went wrong with my update.
    no additions, just have to go through your camera to get to the camcorder, and their are now transition screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by jluna9406 View Post
    Ever since I downloaded the new update, I have been getting a "too many cards" error popping when I try to open up PreWare. PreWare starts loading the feeds but never finishes and then will restart my phone! Anyone had this problem ot have any idea how to fix it?? I need help!!!
    before the update did you delete the pre ware?
    I just saved a video file to my desktop and realized they aren't in widescreen. I read somewhere that Palm will be adding support for higher resolution at some point. I hope they also add widescreen recording. Seems weird to have a widescreen phone that records in 4:3
    Quote Originally Posted by palmforlife81 View Post
    dont forget to get rid of all the aps and stuff before you download it or you will run into problems, and also you will run into a much longer download time

There is absolutely no need to remove apps. If your patches are up to date, no need to remove them either. You DO need to remove any theme you have installed.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    OK, I know this has probably been posted already, and I know not all of the apps load faster. However, NFSU loads in no time now, and I am loving the new "feel" of the phone. Great job Palm!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I got the update Saturday. I removed my theme, but did not remove my patches. When I connected via WebOSQuickInstall, it detected the upgrade and tried to fix all my patches. It took about 3 hours, at least half the patches failed, and it would pop up a message ("error #4") and wait for me to hit OK. I could not run Preware, so I deleted it and was going to reinstall from QI. However, my phone keeps showing the "Too many cards" message, runs so slow it won't recognize any input. I have removed the battery many times (nothing else will get it to reset), but it still won't respond.

Tonight I will have to do the WebOSDoctor and reset it, but last time I tried to connect it it wouldn't respond to that either. May have to take it into Sprint...
    updated without any problem
    the 1.4 works like a charm here in Milan, Italy
    Didn't have any patches, but after (Verizon) install no apps showed up and got some kind of memory error when attempting to reinstall them. did a full erase and reinstalled apps from my backup (while I was sleeping), now everything is fine. I wasn't expecting the hotspot to download (cant afford the fee), was pretty surprised.
    After webos 1.4 update my pre does not ring, Wifi does not come on and all apps open at a very slow pace. So far I hate it
    for me the "loading card" thing has done more harm then good. Sure its nice for apps that took a while to load. Now the pre doesn't seem like its choking when you start those apps up. However apps that used to instantly slide up now take a few seconds before they are useable. It seems like the phone is obsessed with showing you the loading card and letting it pulse once or twice before you can use anything. Its verry annoying.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Updated the wife's Pixi Plus first, worked great & updated with no issues. I did turn on WiFi and downloaded the update over that instead. She had 10-15 apps and no patches/PreWare.

My Pre Plus was a different story altogether. I had PreWare & 60+ patches and several apps. My issue was that (it seemed) after installing PreWare the AppCatalog would never work beyond the initial screen- I could not search for anything, always got a blank screen and launching the Updates app would never finish. So I could not get the update to show up. I wound up performing a complete erase (WebOS Doctor does not connect via my laptop Win7 64-bit) and then after stepping thru setup I could see the update and install it. All my patches were still there during install (like date on top bar, etc.) until after the reboot. Re-entered all my account info and got everything back.

I like the new OS, but am not a fan of the small card popup when launching apps with the "glowing" icon for 2 seconds before app launched in full screen.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I agree, the card place holder does seen to slow some apps down. I also cam a cross 2 pictures of females I do not know ( one black and one white goth looking girl) in the photos section under a "files" folder that I never had before, creepy.
    I've actually found that most issues are caused by themes. I re-installed the Battlestar Galactica theme after the 1.4 upgrade and it seemed to work fine, but then after a few times when the screen was locked, the background would show the cards and the phone app started working. Removed the theme and everything was back to normal.

I have been using preware for all homebrew app and patch management without any problems. The only time I used WebOSquickinstall was to install preware.

I love the LED notifications and the video feature!