Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    Actually I did that already once, without success. IT IS STILL NOT REBOOTING, the 40 minutes is already the second time 40 (at least) minutes.

I was looking at How To Recover - WebOS Internals but I don't know how to get the phone into bootloader recovery mode. I cannot power off the phone, so I cannot VolSliderUp - Power on either...... I am lost.

MAYBE I CAN GIVE AN ALL-CLEAR!!!!

With the USB connected, I did another Orange-Sym-R, and during the short blackout time, I pressed VolUp - Power and got the phone into the big USB symbol. Now doctoring with 1.4. Cross fingers. And thanks to JAYKIMDOTNET for support
    whoa. You welcome though I wish I could have been more help.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    whoa. You welcome though I wish I could have been more help.
    Doctor went well, now restoring profile!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Or have the sales been that bad on Verizon?
    Um...there are more Sprint users because Sprint had WebOS phones several months ago.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Ok for me the update went smooth. I did not uninstall any patches.

After installing update, I started Preware to update patches. Took several tries but I think that was because I was in the back of my house where the wifi signal is week. Phone kept switching from Wi-Fi to 3G. Finally finished this morning when I'm sitting closer to the router.

About the only thing I've noticed so far is the Ev icon changed to 3G and the splash screens on all the apps. I don't see any changes in performance yet but that will take time.

So my real question for everyone that was chomping at the bit for this update, what's really the big deal? I'm gathering most changes were "under the hood", plus the flash update.

So where can I see the benefits of the flash update besides the somewhat annoying splash screens?

Was it just the under the hood bug fixes and flash everyone was hyperventilating over?
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    All good, over here! I just doctored my phone with 1.4 and it's great! I was sorta wishing for better copy and paste support in non-editable text(like webpages amd email), but I suppose with everything else that they added, they can put that into the next update.
    Why dont i have web with 1.4 now?

Preware, app catalogue all work, Web does not.

What do i do?
    Updated to 1.4 last night, and I am happy with the update. I like the splash screens, and aside from those I notice a considerable difference in speed, both in opening & running apps and scrolling through the launcher. Am I the only one that notices a considerable difference in speed? From what I've read so far it seems like most people don't really notice a difference.
    any1 noticed that thers more standerd ringtones after updating to 1.4?

no use 4 me tho as i use fresh prince of belair theme tune downloaded via preload lol
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Does anyone notice that applications that used to run in background now pop up like a card when it should just pop up on the bottom screen
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    Does anyone notice that applications that used to run in background now pop up like a card when it should just pop up on the bottom screen
    What apps would these be? Someone else mentioned this over the last two days on here and I have no idea what apps would not fully open up.
    after the update my internet didnt work (network and over wifi) and alot of error instalations on patches. and i notice that my screen blinked a couple of time wile unpacking the update and just as the home screen started with a message saying" update fail to install" but i saw the new camera icon and i saw in device info i had 1.4. everything seems to work now but my internet. is so weird cus im still getting emails and my feeds are updating

HELP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    Yeah. I have noticed that! Totally annoying! Launchpoint quick dials open a seperate card that you have to close. Bugs me!
    Since 1.4 my speaker won 't work for user initiated sounds, ie: ringtones, music, videos etc. When I have a call come in It rings audible, but as soon as I answer there is no sound. If I put it in speaker it works just fine, but on the phone itself nada? I have tried resetting 4-5 times. I left the battery out all night last night and still nothing... What the heck could be wrong?
    I had up to date preware and had updated all my patches, and removed my theme b4 the update was released.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by ckholladay21 View Post
    Yeah. I have noticed that! Totally annoying! Launchpoint quick dials open a seperate card that you have to close. Bugs me!
    +1 This really sucks. I used to only use launchpoint for my calls. Now it lags too much cuz it has to go through a whole extra step.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    How do i use the new 1.4 doctor that is posted on the Precentral mainpage. Its a zip and I can't seem to find a .jar inside to run. I am really ****ed at my Pre right now. I can doctor to 1.3.5.1 and my apps are there. As soon as i run the update on my phone there are NO APPS and downloading ANY app (even from the app catalog) results in it asking me to delete some programs to continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Why dont i have web with 1.4 now?

Preware, app catalogue all work, Web does not.

What do i do?
    Remove any patches you have that affect the browser....
    I'm having a weird bug, just doctored 1.4 and put on 3x4 icons and then unplugged from my computer and when I hit the power button to unlock now I get a clear (see though) unlock screen, like the unlock ball is over my center bar icon. It still works its just weird.

Solved, reboot of phone and its fine now, still though weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Remove any patches you have that affect the browser....
    Multimode patch has been confirmed to keep your browser from loading...remove it, and you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckholladay21 View Post
    Since 1.4 my speaker won 't work for user initiated sounds, ie: ringtones, music, videos etc. When I have a call come in It rings audible, but as soon as I answer there is no sound. If I put it in speaker it works just fine, but on the phone itself nada? I have tried resetting 4-5 times. I left the battery out all night last night and still nothing... What the heck could be wrong?
    I had up to date preware and had updated all my patches, and removed my theme b4 the update was released.

Any ideas?
    Try plugging in headphones, running your music app, then uplugging your headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsamsel View Post
    How do i use the new 1.4 doctor that is posted on the Precentral mainpage. Its a zip and I can't seem to find a .jar inside to run. I am really ****ed at my Pre right now. I can doctor to 1.3.5.1 and my apps are there. As soon as i run the update on my phone there are NO APPS and downloading ANY app (even from the app catalog) results in it asking me to delete some programs to continue.
    This happens a lot and has something to do with your browser. what you have to do is rename it WebOSQuickInstall.jar it should look like this when it asks you to save as and it has it as a zip file just type .jar at the end.