Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    I honestly am not impressed with, and actually dislike, 1.4.

Splash screen gives the perception that the phone is slower, especially for phone based apps [phone, messaging, email, calender etc], the change in messaging vibrate to the same as an email vibrate is annoying, the way webos moves through apps exactly like the iphone is also annoying [webos is NOT the iphone please please keep it that way]. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I liked the old LED notifications over the double blink now.

One other thing, we redo the call history area and can't add call duration? I mean really?
    How many palm phones before the pre/pixi had call duration. Come on now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    One other thing, we redo the call history area and can't add call duration? I mean really?
    How many palm phones before the pre/pixi had call duration. Come on now!
    That's a Sprint thing. They've never allowed call duration in the log by default, at least since the Treo 600 that I switched to them for.
    I'm in Hutchinson Ks. I did the update first thing this morning at 8:00 am and every thing went smoothly. probably because I ou here in the heartland were there is not as much internet traffic. I would like to be able to upload to Facebbook not just Youtube but I am very satisfied with the video update it works... few glitches in playback but that's expected..
    All we need now is GUI and webOS would be a BEAST!!!
    The people that created the patches are having to update them so they are not all working right away. When I first went into Preware there were no updates. 5 minutes later there were 14. I fugure you just keep trying every once in a while and you will get them as they update

Barbara
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Is this a serious comment? Sure seems it is.

You were downloading and installing 1.4. That means you did not have 1.4 until it was done downloading and install. Why would you expect to see battery improvements from 1.4 before your phone is even running 1.4?
    Geez people switch to decaf and start thinking...
    Open Source will make Star Trek a reality...think about it
    well it's a huge letdown that 1.4 and flash for palm weren't released at the same time. I am looking forward to using flash games and hulu, though.

Hopefully Sprint can improve their 3g speeds to accommodate flash usage.

Sidenote: can anyone explain 4g to me and if the pre will take advantage of it?
    I stayed late at work last night (8:30) and was bummed when I left sans 1.4.

Went home, got ready for my game (adult leage ice hockey). Went to the game, won (Woohoo! We're in the finals!), and then hung around for the next game and played in that one (one of the teams were short a couple skaters). I was beat to hell and wasn't sure if I could stay awake for the whole drive home when I spotted the Pre ad hanging on the wall and remembered I should check my phone. Voila! An update was waiting for me. Got home, plugged in, wifi on, and started downloading right before I crashed into bed.

I had a pretty good night
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    All the update did for me is now it takes over 5 minutes to reset my phone, compared to the 3 minutes with the older version. Great update...............
    Looks like "Too Many Cards" has already reared its ugly head. And with only one app open. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    sucks for bell, I've been downloading for a while. How large is the file I noticed the update didn't say?
    It said it was 39MB
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    can you go back to 1.3.5? If so how would you do it?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    It took mine about an hour. I had to restart the update app to start unpacking. After powering down it took another 20 minutes.
    100% updated! WebOS 1.4! Better faster stronger! 34 patches! All apps intact! And with Quick System Tasks Beta running on the dash and video uploading to my facebook working perfectly, I find myself falling in love with my Pre all over again!!! (just from yesterday!)
    Quote Originally Posted by kebo3473 View Post
    can you go back to 1.3.5? If so how would you do it?
    Use WebOS Doctor for that version.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I think this is the best update yet...makes my Pre very complete! I only had a few issues of the Camera App freezing at a gray screen...reboot fixed it and hasn't happened since. Overall very pleased with the update!
    OK, managed to update my UK Pre a couple of hours ago and heres my thoughts:

* Not sure about the app launch icon and animation in. Seems like it takes cards that used to load in quick, e.g. Preference cards, alot longer to load in, cos they are having to wait for the animation to play through.

* Phone app switches between keypad and call list much much faster

* The new call list...I have mixed feeling on. I can see grouping messages would be good for people who make a lot of calls but if you don't, having to tap each contact to see call history is a pain. Having the extra details in the drop down is great though 8)

* Launcher is a lot faster and responsive

* UK update released some time as US - 3 thumbs up 8), thanks Palm

* Can't comment on the video cause I probably won't be using that much

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Is this a serious comment? Sure seems it is.

You were downloading and installing 1.4. That means you did not have 1.4 until it was done downloading and install. Why would you expect to see battery improvements from 1.4 before your phone is even running 1.4?
    :rofl
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    where the heck is 1.4 for vzw?!?!
    I haven't seen this idea discussed exclusively, but is anyone having major issues with Webos QI? I know the servers are busy, but I cannot get anything to happen. Anyone with this issue?
    Fresh reboot. I launch Preware and it gives me a "Memory critical, to many cards" error.
    It does this even not running Preware.

After the 1.4 update it seemed just fine. It did launch Preware and I tried to "update all." I got a few errors, see ipk log etc.. I looked in the log and manually removed the offending programs/patches... well I tried. did one or two but still got log errors...

I thought I would leave it alone for awhile and I went out and the phone was acting fine. I got home and tried Preware again and it got stuck loading the feeds and now the phone gives me the too many cards error after just a min after a reboot. Something is just killing the memory.

Now I am unable to run Preware, or anything for that matter.... It gives me that error and after some time reboots itself. I removed Preware and it still does it.

PLEASE don't tell me I have to doctor this, it was running just fine before the 1.4 patch.

Some Preware patch did something and the sad part is I cannot even re-install Preware as the phone is too slow to do anything now.... I can't seem to even connect via WOSQI.

I will keep playing with it.... I was very careful to have Preware and all the applications and patches up to date.
    Last edited by Paladin; 02/27/2010 at 11:08 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!