Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drdnaga View Post
    I like some feature.. BUT the browser seems sluggish. I am at home with Wifi on and it never took as long as it does now to load a page... Precentral.net for example.

Anyone else see this?
    I have notice that too it taking longer to load a page on wifi it never took that long for me either
    now a message for all you app developers and patch makers. Please start on a turn the screen off while still recording patch or app.... my battery life will greatly appreciate it....

also, what good is multitasking if your video cuts off as soon as you go to card view with the video app, sure, it stays open but it stops recording..... what gives?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    This is the slowest update I've ever installed. It got stuck last night (halfway through the "Installing...Do Not Remove Battery") - left it on for 8 hours, no movement. So I pulled the battery, restarted, and it began the install process again. Now it's blinking the Palm logo (good sign).
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fonefanatic View Post
    I havent seen any improvements. In fact it took 25% of my battery just to get the update downloaded and installed
    Is this a serious comment? Sure seems it is.

You were downloading and installing 1.4. That means you did not have 1.4 until it was done downloading and install. Why would you expect to see battery improvements from 1.4 before your phone is even running 1.4?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I love it =D Yay video! I like the loading screens too. I'm not sure if it's faster, but it isn't slow at least. I also like that it took away my Hello Kitty theme, I was getting sick of it but too lazy to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Is this a serious comment? Sure seems it is.

You were downloading and installing 1.4. That means you did not have 1.4 until it was done downloading and install. Why would you expect to see battery improvements from 1.4 before your phone is even running 1.4?
    ^ Yeah really.
    Im unpacking now...I couldnt get preware to start back after I removed the theme...so i didnt remove the patches...we shall see...hopfully the WebOS has me covered =)
    I had no problems
    Quote Originally Posted by legendaryest View Post
    now a message for all you app developers and patch makers. Please start on a turn the screen off while still recording patch or app.... my battery life will greatly appreciate it....

also, what good is multitasking if your video cuts off as soon as you go to card view with the video app, sure, it stays open but it stops recording..... what gives?
    That is sth that Palm probably did with intention. How an app behaves in Card view is up to the developer to decide..
    It doesnt bother me that it pauses
    Quote Originally Posted by legendaryest View Post
    For all of those times when you want to be recording a video while sending a text message?
    1.4 yes. games now load way faster Gangstar use to take over a min to start now its like 30seconds. got all my apps back on my them all is good thank you Palm Sprint and everyone making apps for this bad *** little phone. still no fix for the two many cards error luna manager is your friend
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBRI View Post
    Slow, slow, slow, no wifi, no video, unbelievably slow like 30 seconds to launch the phone. Does anyone know if there is a way to go back to the previous version?
    Use WebOS Doctor for earlier version. But before you do that, reboot a couple of times. It's worked for several others posting today.
    Ah, what a nice morning, first thing i see in the morning is that my Pixi is ready for update. Its running a little quicker in 1.4 than 1.3.5. Tried to record a video, worked the first time, but not the second. Battery is great, seems to last longer, despite the fact i have been on and off the web, Youtube, and Music Remix. I'm impressed, even if I'm slightly saddened that pixi doesn't have flash (for now).
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Ah, what a nice morning, first thing i see in the morning is that my Pixi is ready for update. Its running a little quicker in 1.4 than 1.3.5. Tried to record a video, worked the first time, but not the second. Battery is great, seems to last longer, despite the fact i have been on and off the web, Youtube, and Music Remix. I'm impressed, even if I'm slightly saddened that pixi doesn't have flash (for now).
    No Palm phones have flash for now. It's not in the App Catalog yet.
    But the Pre will probably have it in a number of days, while there are no concrete plans for the Pixi to have it just yet, or at least nothing announced.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    any idea as to when that'll be? Today?
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    But the Pre will probably have it in a number of days, while there are no concrete plans for the Pixi to have it just yet, or at least nothing announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by treejohn View Post
    any idea as to when that'll be? Today?
    It could be within days. At this point though I am personally not getting my hopes up. If it's ready for us then sure a couple days. Does Adobe actually have something ready for the Pre though? That I am not so sure on.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Pre Owner: hmm, It says don't remove the battery, but it's taking forever to download... I don't know if something's wrong, should I remove the battery?

Help: No, don't remove the battery

Pre Owner: Um, but it's taking a long time. I think something is wrong with my phone, I think I should remove the battery

Help: No, do not remove the battery.

Pre Owner: My pre won't start up, I keep getting a loading sign, but it's been like this for a long time, I think my phone is broken, I think I should remove the battery!

Help: No, Don't remove the battery, just wait.

Pre Owner: Um, I removed the battery and now my phone isn't working... The stupid update bricked my pre...

Help: You removed the battery?!? I said don't remove the battery.

Pre Owner: No you didn't, no one told me not to remove the battery, or I wouldn't have removed the battery. Stupid Palm!!!

(lolz, I don't actually know what will happen if you remove the battery, but you will get many ppl saying, my phone is taking a long time to start back up... Should I remove the battery?)

Ok, I went to sleep while downloading the update. Preware seems not to work, but I keep hitting update feeds, get a long error message later, hit ok, and I'm in preware. I reinstalled my theme, and am about to reinstall my patches... Yeah, I used epr, & removed them all... after going through all the trouble of updating all of those patches... lolz. In my defense, I'm sick... shoveled snow while getting sick, and now am sick... My mom borrowed my boots, so I had to use my heeled boots, nearly fell 50million times...

Video is good, waiting for the app catalog to release flash so I can get my show on... Ok, so no hulu... maybe, but there r so many other sites 2 watch videos on... can't have blocked every single one!!! can they have? Oh, this update did only promise the ability to use flash... I hope there isn't a charge for flash, or a huge charge for it... that'd suck...I'm gonna play with my pre now, cuz sprint rox!!! Not my fault ur on verizon... Higher prices n all... Hey u got the pre plus, more memory, so @ least u have a leg up on us lowly sprint users... who got our updates and are using them now... lol, no j/k verizon users... I'm jealous that the pre plus is on verizon only... double memory and all, so I was hating on u guys and busting ur chops. U'll get it by the end of today, tomorrow latest... just a day extra wait for you ppl who have double memory and stuff... Awesome!!!! My Palm Pre Rox Mah Sox!!!
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    Anybody having issues with the patches not updating? I can't update patches via quick installer or preware. Preware won't load at all and web os QI won't populate the tweaks?

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ckholladay21 View Post
    Anybody having issues with the patches not updating? I can't update patches via quick installer or preware. Preware won't load at all and web os QI won't populate the tweaks?

Any ideas?
    Give it time...everybody and their brother is updating their phones. May take a while. Servers are jammed right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ckholladay21 View Post

Any ideas?
    BTW way I am running Web OS QI 3.02 and I updated preware earlier this week...

Any suggestions?