Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Over/under for the first guy to post a serious "Palm screwed us on 1.4, can't believe ____ isn't in there" thread? Slow download time right now, I give it two hours. 3 AM CT.
    What happened to "MyTether" when you updated?
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    just to let everyone know, it starts unpacking at about 40% on the progress bar
    More than 3/4 of the way done unpacking here. St. Louis, MO.

Just for the sake of it, I've left my patches intact, and are trusting the excellent and brilliant team of WebOS Internals folks for my 70+ patches.

I'll post after restarting and updating patches again!

EDIT: I'm at the black screen for installing updates, a little over a quarter complete! 1:13am CST

EDIT 2: Rebooting now! Welcome to 1.4!
    Last edited by rykatemom; 02/27/2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Welcome to 1.4

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I have to say, really, this is one of the most simultaneous updates they've gone. (apart from our canadian friends maybe?) first time i've ever got my international gsm update at the same time as the sprinters.

Kudos, palm, for what is close to a true world-wide rollout. amirite?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    is this just a sprint update, i am in PA and nothing, also i am on verizon.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    up to 'D' on Downloading! hehe
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    I'm thinking nobody took the time to remove patches, I know I didn't. haha
    I trust WebOS internals and AUPT.
    I had planned to remove stuff but after removing my theme two days ago I never got around to the rest. In fact last night while enjoying the thread (that was destroyed, what a shame) from the Vietnam guy I actually updated Preware and my patches which I had put off.

I am rolling with AUPT at this point. My phone has never been doctored (got it in June) so if it needs to be done for some reason it will probably help in the long run.
    im finally downloading it. it took a Full reset and removing the battery to actually make it download
    Downloading in Socal!!

Unpacking now, wohoo!!!

Validating!!!
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 02/27/2010 at 01:14 AM.
    this is gonna be a long night :-)
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    just to let everyone know, it starts unpacking at about 40% on the progress bar
    Mine just got to that point. Interesting. I don't remember if 1.3.5.1 did that or not. It was smaller and faster to download though.
    just watched a palm/verizon commericial, how ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    is this just a sprint update, i am in PA and nothing, also i am on verizon.
    I'm on Sprint. Anyone on Verizon getting this?
    "unpacking" around 50% in the hometown of Sprint
    Motorola i920 --> Motorola Q9c --> HTC Mogul --> T-Mobile Wing --> Palm Pre

All work phones! All free! Doesn't keep me from hacking the out of every single one of them!!
    Very close to being done

BTW, I just checked Palm's page for the Sprint WebOS Doctor. It is still at 1.3.5.1. Hope to see that updated soon as well. Who wants to start a pool of how many "WebOSQuickInstall Doesn't Work!" threads there will be by noon?
    It downloads and unpacks much faster when using WiFi. ~60% of the way across the bar now.
    anyone done yet?
    Downloading, in Central Oregon
    mine is unpacking, how long does it take to unpack, doesn't make sense to why unpacking is taking so long
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast