Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    South Texas joining in! Started mine before bed and it's done! So far, everything is working as promised. I did remember to remove my patches though. I can't wait to test out the video recording!!
    Ok, mine is at Installing now, do not remove battery.

Download , Unpack, and Verify took my about 40 mins total. Im on a fast wifi connection.

7:47AM starting install...

OOoo Im all a tingly...
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

3. Evansgw
    I've been waiting for this since CES. Not dissapointed so far. Glad the dialer loads quicker, that was also an issue for me. The video recorder looks good. Editing is just cutting the ends off the video?? Really happy and tired.
    8:04am, went around the whole "installing" circle, got the Palm boot screen icon for a bit, now its back to the "installing do not remove battery" and the the little outline going around the circle again??

Is this normal, is that about what you guys have seen?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

5. d0c
    mine's only 3/4 of the way around the circle and "installing update"

"do not remove battery"...i don't even know how to remove it

wait, where is the battery anyway? the back of the phone is glossy and solid.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I downloaded the update ok it seemed, then when I hit the button for installing it, the phone went blank. I thought it was just unpacking and installing, but TWO hours later nothing was happening. I finally took the battery out and reinserted it and it is now showing the install screen. It seems to be almost done so I am eargerly anticipating the updated OS!

Problem solved!! It installed flawlessly after the battery got reinserted and it works great. Video is better than I had hoped; my only complaint is there is no zoom feature on the camera or video - that would make the Pre almost perfect.
    Last edited by matt62; 02/27/2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: additional comments
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    8:04am, went around the whole "installing" circle, got the Palm boot screen icon for a bit, now its back to the "installing do not remove battery" and the the little outline going around the circle again??

My phone went around the install circle only once.
    hmmm Bev, thats NOT encouraging..

its now 3/4 the way around, in the second pass..

Guess I'll go grab some more coffee, and wait...

I Pre

9. d0c

mine only went around once as well. it's up and running again now.

something must have gone wrong with yours, because you were about 10 minutes ahead of me in the process, as far as i could tell.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Download and install took about 1HR over sprint 3G and drained about 30% bat. Nice update overall, new app launch style seems slower, in app performance seems faster. Opened altimeter, slacker and then tried to launch asphalt5, acted like it wanted to throw up the"too many cards error" for about 10 seconds, then launched and ran smooth, THANKS PALM!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I'm finally installing now. During unpacking, my connection dropped x3, which is odd as I'm in Boston, in a strong reception area, and have a strong WiFi connection. It picked right up when I pressed the the 'download now' button. Hope all is OK...
    St. Louis here, over WiFi, started at about 6:45am (CST) and am in the 'Installing Update' process. I'm trusting in PreWare/AUPT though, fingers crossed. Very excited, now i can sell my flip cam!

UPDATE: Completed at 7:58am, So about an hour and 13 minutes from start of download to GUI. SWEET!
    Last edited by jschramm97; 02/27/2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: update
    Palm Pre - Sprint
    --------------------
    Dad Nation Podcast
    www.DadNationPodcast.com
    hmmm Bev, thats NOT encouraging..

its now 3/4 the way around, in the second pass..

Guess I'll go grab some more coffee, and wait...
    My download, unpack and validate took about 33 minutes (downloaded in the wee hours). From the beginning of the install to final reboot was about 25 minutes on my phone.
    I removed my patches, then reinstalled.

The following patches are NOT working for me:
    messaging-notification-repeat.patch
    app-email-sync-all-favourites.patch
    Finally!! After working fine since July, EAS failed after 1.3.5 update. 1.3.5.1 was no help.Went up to level 3 support. Nothing worked. I had no EAS for a VERY long time. With 1.4 it's back!! Thanks Palm, even if it took forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    I just realized Verizon, Bell and Telcel customers don't have 1.4 yet...so we're like being total *****s right now. =D Sorry guys. It's really not that great, you're not missing much....

*turns back to the rest of us*

did you frickin' watch the videos in the app catalog? And everything's so much snappier! It's like a brand new phone!
    Okay thats mean... but DAMN funny!
    Palm Pre - Sprint
    --------------------
    Dad Nation Podcast
    www.DadNationPodcast.com
    ok, now 8:25 and its back UP whew! Coffee works magic heheh

Off to explore and see what else I can screw up

Yay! Love the video hehe how cool is this!

I Pre

I kept on getting Unable to Connect Try Again Later on Sprint, with 4 bars and solid Wi-Fi. Finally turned off the Wi-Fi and it showed up on my next attempt. Not sure why, but its cruising along now, as fast as my wife's pre which also had solid Wi-Fi.
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Downloading in Minnesota. It's COLD up here. Doesn't data thicken and slow down when it's too cold. Yah, I'm sure that's what's happening. ;-)
    Done! Definitely feels snappier and the video recording option is nice! Being able to to add a different notification sound to emails is nice too.