Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Just recorded a video and it's out of sync. Very disappointing. My lips were about a full second ahead of the audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I began downloading the update at 1:37AM EST.

I didn't notice when it started saying "Unpacking".

As of 2:19AM the progress bar was completely full.

As of 2:20 it was Validating.

As of 2:22 it was finished validating and gave me the option to "install now".

Hope this helps for those of you wondering how long it takes to download.
    At 2:23 I preformed a Palm Profile Backup.

Palm Profile Backup completed by 2:24 and I began installing webOS 1.4

At 2:43 the install progress bar completed and I just had the spinning logo.

At 2:47 the phone began the reboot process and I had the glowing palm logo showing.

The phone was booted up and officially running webOS 1.4 at 2:54AM.

Running Preware now. :-)
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    im stuck in unpacking. the phone works fine but its at 100% unpacking for easily 30+min. should I restart?
    Installed 1.4 without removing my patches, just rebooted and everything is kewl, no problems, just want to thank everyone at Preware!
    Almost done installing mine!!!! so excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    okay mine went through the start up stuff then cam to a screen that says www.palm.com/rom? anyone know what the heck is up i guess going to that site might help huh.

yep went to the site and have to doctor it. im so ****ed right now. now i have to wait 25 minutes to get the doctor and another who knows how long to download and install 1.4.
    Did it say why you needed to Dr?
    guys it takes a while....just wait! im guessing palm put it out this late so we can sleep on it...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    my patches disappeared, normal?
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Rebooted. Going straight to Preware. I can't handle 3x3 launcher pages. The rest I could have let slide for an hour or so but not that. I notice lag right away, so not a huge speed improvement so far. Maybe once Preware isn't working on loading up and maybe after another reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    At 2:23 I preformed a Palm Profile Backup.

Palm Profile Backup completed by 2:24 and I began installing webOS 1.4

At 2:43 the install progress bar completed and I just had the spinning logo.

At 2:47 the phone began the reboot process and I had the glowing palm logo showing.

The phone was booted up and officially running webOS 1.4 at 2:54AM.

Running Preware now. :-)

Wow I guess I didn't realize it took 45 min to 1 hr Geez...oh well, going to be happy now
    Motorola i920 --> Motorola Q9c --> HTC Mogul --> T-Mobile Wing --> Palm Pre

All work phones! All free! Doesn't keep me from hacking the out of every single one of them!!
    Patch removal is not required. Thanks developers at Preware and WebOS Internals for all your hard work. I didn't doubt you for one second.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM626 View Post
    my patches disappeared, normal?
    Yes, you have to go into Preware and hit update for them.
    hey wouldnt it be cool if when you are making a video that if you walk in to a darker room you can just hit an button on the screen and the led will stay lite. im sure if not the their will probally be a patch like that soon, cause we kindda already have a flashlight patch that can do that.
    Total time from beginning of download until reboot to the full screen and up and running was 49 minutes. Unpacking took the most time while validating was a snap.

Things are running smoothly.
    Woo! 1.4 installed and up-and-running. NOW, ONWARD TO THE ADOBE BOARDS AND DEMAND OUR FLASH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rev View Post
    Total time from beginning of download until reboot to the full screen and up and running was 49 minutes. Unpacking took the most time while validating was a snap.

Things are running smoothly.
    +1 i agree....this is why palm put it out so late...ppl would be b*tch*ng if it was during the day
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    11:52 pm here in cali and still no verizon update. Them bas***ds
    Ya. we got screwed
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Canadians getting screwed over as usual!
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    why am i stuck on the palm boot logo with no pulse shud i take battery out?
    It takes a while, I'd wait 10-15 minutes before resorting to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Am I blind or does Palms 1.4.0 details page not mention one thing about flash support?
    It is supported... go to the main page of PreCentral and you will see the full change-log posted for 1.4.