View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 1 of 175 1234561151101 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Use the Anticipation Thread until webOS 1.4 is released.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.4 New Features & Changes

webOS 1.4 Issues

webOS 1.4 Discussion

webOS Patch Discussion

webOS 1.4 Screenshots - Update From Sprint

There will be some differences between the different carriers and models so please post your carrier and model. Palm has said that they intend to keep all phones and carrier versions closely alligned.

See: What to expect with webOS 1.4 and How the webOS update process works.

webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes...

Remove all Patches and Themes - From Getting Started: WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click ToolsThemer Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click ToolsTweaksRun EPRLuna Restart

Remove all Patches and Themes - From Getting Started: Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and tap Emergency Patch RecoveryInstall
    3. Restart your phone. Press these buttons at the same time: Orange-Sym-R

This thread will be closed once the new webOS is out.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 02/26/2010 at 11:50 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Hello everyone.

We try to put up an anticipation thread a few days or a week or more before a new webOS. It has also happened that we were scrambling only hours ahead of time.

We can tell you for a fact there is fun in store for you...soon.

- Craig
    And we're back. Flaming/Language or otherwise off topic posts will be deleted. Let's be adults here.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

pogey since you're a mod and all any chance of combining all the useless 1.4 threads into this one thread
    GAH I WANT IT NOW! I WANT I WANT I WANT! Flash 10.1 alone would be worth the update. I really hope it's released today.
  6. wnk
    I cant wait!
    Erhm this is direct competition to my WebOS 1.4 Friendship thread, but thats ok. In the end we all want the same thing ...... for the boston red sox to win the world series, erhm I mean for Web OS 1.4 to come out. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by walamoonbeam View Post
    GAH I WANT IT NOW! I WANT I WANT I WANT! Flash 10.1 alone would be worth the update. I really hope it's released today.
    Flash is supposed to be separate from the update, don't be disappointed if it's not included.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan25TN View Post
    Erhm this is direct competition to my WebOS 1.4 Friendship thread, but thats ok. In the end we all want the same thing ...... for the boston red sox to win the world series, erhm I mean for Web OS 1.4 to come out. <3
    like either of those things have a snowballs chance in hell of happening
    How about milominderbinder just tells us if it's coming out tonight or not. What he stated just added fuel to the fire.
    That would kill the suspense mdotsteele, therefore making this thread useless.
    I'm just in it for the video capture feature. It is so cool. it's like palm is saying thanks for buying my product like 7 months ago...........heres a free camcorder that will fit in your pocket. freakin sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Let's be adults here.
    Seriously though, I don't think everyone here is an adult and that seems to be the problem ... there is no ID check at the "Submit Reply" button.

But, back on topic, I really think it would be nice for someone to write an article on what the process is for a webOS update to make it to our phones. Obviously Palm has to write and test it, the release candidate is released to developers, it goes to the carriers to do whatever they need to test, then it goes to Palm's servers for us to down load. It would be nice to know some of the details of that whole process.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    pogey since you're a mod and all any chance of combining all the useless 1.4 threads into this one thread
    I understand what you were trying to do there, but all that would do is create more clutter. All other threads that anticipate 1.4 will be deleted.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

well milominder said it was soon, when will that be?

we can assume that the initial 15th leak was in some way legit, legit enough that when pre central tweeted there much quoted tweet, they called it a delay, and also said it would be a week.

now without a source it is possible that the tweet was not accurate, this has happened to precentral in the past with leaked dates from unnamed sources.

thus we are left pondering when is it coming.

I would like to leave you with this ammusing clip from spaceballs, illustrating our predicament

Last edited by windzilla; 02/15/2010 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Flash is supposed to be separate from the update, don't be disappointed if it's not included.
    Either way, it's one step closer to having flash.
    when is it coming? Damn it...i have been waiting all day....i keep pressing updates icon all day long...thank god it was a holiday...
    I am checking periodically for this much anticipated update. No luck yet.
    Is this going to be coming to Canada, Cause I'm sick of this beta App's catalog.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    So are you implying that 1.4 is dropping tonight?
Page 1 of 175 1234561151101 ... LastLast