View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 99 of 175 FirstFirst ... 49 89949596979899100101102103104 109 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3481
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Palm has released a statement about the update, about 20 minutes ago.

The said that, because of the recent missed financial target, they are not moving forward with the update. The company is going into a "lock down" mode, where management will look at ways to increase revenue and profitability. Until that time, the development teams have been pulled off of existing work, updates will not be released, and support will focus on only top priority issues.

Happy now? You wanted an update, yes? Now you have it.

(Yes, the above was meant as satire.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchope View Post
    update will come at 3.00 pm eastern time
    3:00 haha it's 3 now and no 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone from Palm or Sprint or Verizon has ever committed to a date that any update would be out. The commitment was this quarter. Everything else was speculation and rumor and most originated from here.

That's the sad part, if you look out in other places where people are ****ed because a committed date was missed, a little digging find that the source was Pre Central and it was not from a credible post, but speculation that didn't always consider that Palm having it ready didn't mean it was ready to be deployed, but was ready for carrier testing/proving prior to deployment.

So keep your panties unbunched and the update will be here soon enough.
    Palm did commit to 1.4 by February 2010 - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2357853,00.asp. There is also a video of the CEO saying it on camera (i posted the video a few pages back)
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    I don't think that the update will happen today. It'll probably come on Sunday, 2/28, the last day of the month.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    Please Palm guys step out and make any statement about this damn update, thats enough! This community is really stronger and very supportive and don't push us so badly. Do something!
    BTW, do you think you're really addressing Palm by posting yet another thread here?
    man I really get ticked when people say 1.4 is coming to Sprint later or eve sec quarter. Do you really think PALM would make that announcement for February when at that point, the Pre was ONLY ON SPRINT....get real!
    Updates will be here before march! There are two reasons for this:

1.) John told us it would be and I doubt a CEO would lie outright like that and not come out and apologize and say the update has been delayed.

2.) I contact palm support and they are REALLY sure that the update will come before march. He said that the support staff aren't told when the update will exactly come (Palm is afraid of leaks I guess?) but that they were told that it will definitely come before march.

-Toaster
    I just got all super-excited 'cuz I just clicked update, and it was all, "New Updates Available"... but it was just for Pandora.
    OK, I just broke down and installed the 1.3.5.1 "update". Of course it did nothing other than get rid of the annoying update notification.
    1.4! that's 1.4, kid! 1.4!

signed,
    ronnie
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchope View Post
    update will come at 3.00 pm eastern time
    oh really... Based on what? Your interpretation of Nostradamus' "Palm Pre" quatrains?
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    OK, I just broke down and installed the 1.3.5.1 "update". Of course it did nothing other than get rid of the annoying update notification.
    You have the plus correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    BTW, do you think you're really addressing Palm by posting yet another thread here?
    Yes, if they looking here they will see that and other threads too. Playing with loyal customers isn't good thing.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Ban?
    +1
    thank you squeff sombody wit since preach on bro preach on :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Palm we are one step closer to the edge and about to jump!!
    Just make sure that before you jump.... please pass me your pre! I would hate for the pre to be damaged.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    3:00 haha it's 3 now and no 1.4
    umm..im in eastern and its only 1:40..
    Last edited by xBRIMSTON3x; 02/25/2010 at 12:47 PM.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Palm!!!! If you don't release 1.4 and the app catalog goes under 50 new apps per minute your headquarters will blow up!

you're an *****, who makes comments like that on public forum, whethere you're joking or no? grow up.

The f..n update will comeout when its ready to do so. You teenage turkeys think its easy to do a release like this? They have to cross the Ts and dot the Is before they release it to public, because God forbid there is a glitch, all of you will b*tch about it too. Find something better to do for a a few more days/weeks or however long it takes, or just buy a new phone, but stop b*tching! My pregnant wife doesn't nag as much as you guys do. and most of you are men i think

and no i do not work for palm or sprint, im just sick and tired of seeing people cry on here.
    damn - i think its time to go back to the crackberry.. this is a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
    you're an *****, who makes comments like that on public forum, whethere you're joking or no? grow up.

The f..n update will comeout when its ready to do so. You teenage turkeys think its easy to do a release like this? They have to cross the Ts and dot the Is before they release it to public, because God forbid there is a glitch, all of you will ***** about it too. Find something better to do for a a few more days/weeks or however long it takes, or just buy a new phone, but stop *****ing.

and no i do not work for palm or sprint, im just sick and tired of seeing people cry on here.
    +1
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.